Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adalius Thomas Rumor Squashed

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Adalius Thomas Rumor Squashed

[url]http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2010/03/15/adalius-thomas-i-have-never-told-anyone-i-wanted-to-leave-and-go-play-for-the-jets/[/url]

[SIZE="4"]So much for Adalius Thomas wanting to play for us...LOL He doesn't seem to happy with Bart right now. [/SIZE]

Story below:

[FONT="Arial"]Adalius Thomas: ”I have never told anyone I wanted to leave and go play for the Jets.”

Checked in with Adalius Thomas earlier this evening to see if he was in town for the start of the Patriots offseason program. As it turns out, Thomas, who was at Gillette Stadium today, has been wanting to set the record straight over recent comments made by Bart Scott.

The Patriots linebacker disputed the notion that he has a grand desire to play for the New York Jets, as recently described by Jets linebacker Scott. Thomas claimed he never made any such intentions known to his former Ravens teammate.

”I’ve heard of all the chatter up there about me,” Thomas wrote in the email. ”It was about something Bart Scott said on TV, (and) that’s not what was said . . . I have never told anyone that I wanted to leave and go play for the Jets.”

Scott had gone on ESPN Radio’s “Mike & Mike” show and claimed Thomas had talked about rejoining his former defensive coordinator, Rex Ryan, whom he spent seven seasons with in Baltimore and earned two Pro Bowl appearances before signing with the Patriots.

”I have been asked by coaches, reporters, (and) players, ‘where are u going to play next year?’ And my response has been I don’t know,” Thomas wrote. ”I’m still a Patriot unless you know something I don’t know, but reporters report any type of hype.

”Not once did anyone of them that had something to say about me, pick up the phone or email and ask if it was what I said,” he went on. ”So I’m a Patriot until otherwise noted from Bill (Belichick) or the organization.”

As far as off-season workouts are concerned, attendance isn’t mandatory at this stage. Much of the early going is voluntary, although many players have workout bonuses tied into their attendance. The assumption is Thomas will be released at some point by the team, given he and coach Belichick were at odds much of last season, and don’t appear to be able to resolve their differences.[/FONT]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    doesn't mean a thing, maybe he is just saying this so that BB thinks he doesnt want to come here, so BB stops being a stunod and releases him, then he will be like haha i was kidding, and sign with Rex right away, dont believe everything you read!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    to avoid any kind of tampering charges towards the jets he kinda has to say that. but ether way hes not needed on the Jets. He would be considered a guy to spell our other LB's anyway

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Not getting the title to the thread, nowhere does it say that he doesn't want to play for us. Or that he wouldn't like to play for Rex again.

More like he was outed and given the possibility that he might have to go back to the Pats he needed to do some damage control.:yes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares?

AD seemed to go from "dominant" to "above average" overnight.

If this was 3 or 4 years ago, I would be screaming for us to do everything in our power to get this guy. Now if he came in he would be nothing more than a situational passrusher.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ThePenguin;3527894]to avoid any kind of tampering charges towards the jets he kinda has to say that. but ether way hes not needed on the Jets. He would be considered a guy to spell our other LB's anyway[/QUOTE]

Huh? Bart Scott can say whatever the heck he wants, and it's not tampering.

And if Rex had said "Yup, I want Thomas to come play for me" - that would be tampering, plain and simple, no matter what Thomas said later...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3527898]Not getting the title to the thread, nowhere does it say that he doesn't want to play for us. Or that he wouldn't like to play for Rex again.

More like he was outed and given the possibility that he might have to go back to the Pats he needed to do some damage control.:yes:[/QUOTE]

As far as I'm concerned he denied wanting to play for the Jets. The original rumor that he wanted to play with the Jets came from Bart Scott, no one else. Then AT basically said that rumor was false. Damage control or not, I believe what I hear from the source...so IMO the rumor is squashed.

I do hope it is damage control though because I think he can be more productive under Rex's system as a situational rusher than he has been for the Pats.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    First off did Bart Scott say anything that jets fans or the pats team didn't already know.

AD has to say that he doesn't want to be a jet, he is under contract with the pats.

My personal feeling is that he will be cut right before the season starts. BB wants to keep him from the jets as long as he can.

I would be surprised if the pats kept him, i just don't see him fitting in with what they do (whatever that is).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lord of War 599;3527912]First off did Bart Scott say anything that jets fans or the pats team didn't already know.

AD has to say that he doesn't want to be a jet, he is under contract with the pats.

My personal feeling is that he will be cut right before the season starts. BB wants to keep him from the jets as long as he can.

I would be surprised if the pats kept him, i just don't see him fitting in with what they do (whatever that is).[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling that if he wasn't on our radar he would of already been released 2 weeks ago. But we all know Belichek hates to give us any sort of talent and I believe he might even keep him just to keep him off our roster this year...That is if no other team sends him an offer before the start of the season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;3527903]Who cares?

AD seemed to go from "dominant" to "above average" overnight.

If this was 3 or 4 years ago, I would be screaming for us to do everything in our power to get this guy. Now if he came in he would be nothing more than a situational passrusher.[/QUOTE]

More like below average. I would take above average, no problem. Unfortunately that hasn't happened. You have Gholston, we have Thomas. :steamin:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh please. you patsie trolls were all creaming when you heard you got adalius. now, just like every other ex patsie player or ones in the bellichicken dog house, he's jag or less.

for the jets, if he's released or can otherwise be had for short money, he's worth a look. and don't think boy brady won't be afraid of seeing thomas across the line from him.

[QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;3527914]More like below average. I would take above average, no problem. Unfortunately that hasn't happened. You have Gholston, we have Thomas. :steamin:[/QUOTE]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B]”I have been asked by coaches, reporters, (and) players, [I]‘where are u going to play next year?’[/I] And my response has been I don’t know,” Thomas wrote. ”I’m still a Patriot unless you know something I don’t know, but reporters report any type of hype.[/B]

Did an actual news organization really use "u" instead of "you"?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KingofNY;3527913]I have a feeling that if he wasn't on our radar he would of already been released 2 weeks ago. But we all know Belichek hates to give us any sort of talent and I believe he might even keep him just to keep him off our roster this year...That is if no other team sends him an offer before the start of the season.[/QUOTE]

+1
    It obvious that he hasn't fit into Belicheck's system and that they grew tired of each other last season. AD wants out and Belicheck wants him gone but he is keeping him on the roster to spite him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait, what?

I heard everyone wants to play for the Jets?!?!? :confused:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;3527914]More like below average. I would take above average, no problem. Unfortunately that hasn't happened. You have Gholston, we have Thomas. :steamin:[/QUOTE]

Would you swap them, contracts and all, straight up?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=hatnlvr;3528017]+1
    It obvious that he hasn't fit into Belicheck's system and that they grew tired of each other last season. AD wants out and Belicheck wants him gone but he is keeping him on the roster to spite him.[/QUOTE]

With Pioli in KC and McDaniels in Denver, maybe there is room for a trade. Even a 6th or 7th rounder would do to keep him out of the AFC East.
    It's not spite, it's smart . :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Not quite. Gholston just sucks. AT has performed at a probowl level under a coach that knows how to use him. In the Pasts* case the problem is the coach not the player.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FauxJet07;3528115]With Pioli in KC and McDaniels in Denver, maybe there is room for a trade. Even a 6th or 7th rounder would do to keep him out of the AFC East.
    It's not spite, it's smart . :yes:[/QUOTE]

I really don't think there is going to be any trade. I think Belli is going to hold onto him until training camp then cut him at the last second (once everyone pretty much has their rosters locked in). He is doing it to screw him just like he tries to screw everyone.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;3527985]oh please. you patsie trolls were all creaming when you heard you got adalius. now, just like every other ex patsie player or ones in the bellichicken dog house, he's jag or less.

for the jets, if he's released or can otherwise be had for short money, he's worth a look. and don't think boy brady won't be afraid of seeing thomas across the line from him.[/QUOTE]

For a team that usually doesn't go after big-name FAs, he was a big signing that created excitement. His lackluster play has put him in the doghouse, nothing else. He's not even an ex-"patsie" player yet so your arguement is baseless.

[QUOTE=woodside;3528256]Not quite. Gholston just sucks. AT has performed at a probowl level under a coach that knows how to use him. In the Pasts* case the problem is the coach not the player.[/QUOTE]

Right, it's BB's fault AD has been a JAG, and a malcontent. He'll be all world under fatso for sure (the same guy who was going to light a fire under Gholston)

[QUOTE=hatnlvr;3528273]I really don't think there is going to be any trade. I think Belli is going to hold onto him until training camp then cut him at the last second (once everyone pretty much has their rosters locked in). He is doing it to screw him just like he tries to screw everyone.[/QUOTE]

Another objective Yets Fan's post. Yes, it's BB's desire to screw every player he can. His motivation is never to improve the team, in this case, keeping a player away from a division rival. He'd much rather just screw the players, that bastid.:rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    did i say adalius was an ex-patsie or in the bellichicken's dog house? please read before replying. as your buddy patsfasntx always reminds us if a player can't play it's the coaches responsibility to get him into situations where he can play. this is all on bellichicken for signing him and then not using him properly or not getting complimentary people around him.

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3528298]For a team that usually doesn't go after big-name FAs, he was a big signing that created excitement. His lackluster play has put him in the doghouse, nothing else. He's not even an ex-"patsie" player yet so your arguement is baseless.

Right, it's BB's fault AD has been a JAG, and a malcontent. He'll be all world under fatso for sure (the same guy who was going to light a fire under Gholston)

Another objective Yets Fan's post. Yes, it's BB's desire to screw every player he can. His motivation is never to improve the team, in this case, keeping a player away from a division rival. He'd much rather just screw the players, that bastid.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]