Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving Night Game for Jets (merged)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sg3;3528212]it is nice that SOJF have something new everyday to whine and moan about[/QUOTE]

If you don't like it then go to another thread. You are not adding anything here anyway.

This game would be fine with me. My wife would be thrilled not to have to host Thanksgiving again this year. We always get stuck doing it as we have the bigger house in the family. If the game is played that night, we'll have an early dinner at home and then head to the game. Maybe we'll get a turkery fryer and make that in the parking lot. We're off the following day so it will be a great time to tailgate.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=cornjulio21;3528221]Are you kidding. The night game on Thanksgiving will be awesome. I don't have tickets, but I will get them.

We should hope it is the start of a new tradition.

Not to mention it is a huge advantage. You get the short week at home and a long 10 day break to heal up some wounds.

You can all have a full meal with your family and still get on the road by 5:30 and tailgate for a while.

This is great![/QUOTE]

actually if we get the TG game that means we are home the Sunday prior as well right?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=petejet;3528224]If you don't like it then go to another thread. You are not adding anything here anyway.[/QUOTE]
    He insults anyone he doesn't agree with in every thread, I'm thinking more drastic measures are in order...I'm beginning to tire of his spam.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetswin;3528229]He insults anyone he doesn't agree with in every thread, I'm thinking more drastic measures are in order...I'm beginning to tire of his spam.[/QUOTE]

I don't find him insulting. He is just complaining about the complainers. That doesn't make him any better.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3528204]I can sympathise with STH's with families and other traditions that they wouldn't be willing to break over a football game, but being one of the few nationally broadcasted games is always a good thing for the New York Jets. It brings a lot of exposure to the team. It's easy to see why they would want their football game broadcasted in millions of houses on a national holiday.

For years, the fans *****ed that we don't get enough primetime games, and when we actually do get them for a change, they still *****. ;)[/QUOTE]

There is a reason why tickets are always easier to acquire for prime time game. Its great on TV but not for the fans

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3528229]He insults anyone he doesn't agree with in every thread, I'm thinking more drastic measures are in order...I'm beginning to tire of his spam.[/QUOTE]

JW =

[IMG]http://drvaleriegalante.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/the-executioner.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    I apologize

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I am wrong to question their motives

and besides

I love this place, the best jet messageboard on the planet

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=petejet;3528231]I don't find him insulting. He is just complaining about the complainers. That doesn't make him any better.[/QUOTE]
    yes, I guess he has progressed to insulting to just explaining to everyone else they are wrong...over...and over....and over....and over... and over...and over...and over... and over... and over... and over...and over... and over...
    :stomp:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3528232]There is a reason why tickets are always easier to acquire for prime time game. Its great on TV but not for the fans[/QUOTE]

The care about us when PSLs need to be sold but as soon as they have our money we become an afterthought. Yet another reason why I am glad I did not buy a Personal Sucker License.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sg3;3528238]I apologize

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I am wrong to question their motives

and besides

I love this place, the best jet messageboard on the planet[/QUOTE]
    I know you do, but you have to lighten up on some things...just for my sake if no one else's. :cool:

[QUOTE=Ven0m;3528204] but being one of the few nationally broadcasted games is always a good thing for the New York Jets. It brings a lot of exposure to the team. It's easy to see why they would want their football game broadcasted in millions of houses on a national holiday.

[/QUOTE]

Why do the Jets need exposure? To help next year's recruiting class?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=petejet;3528243]The care about us when PSLs need to be sold but as soon as they have our money we become an afterthought. Yet another reason why I am glad I did not buy a Personal Sucker License.[/QUOTE]

Yes a sucker is born every day and I am one:steamin:. The bright side is if we were 1-15 we have 8 1pm home games.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3528245]I know you do, but you have to lighten up on some things...just for my sake if no one else's. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I will strive to do so, jetswin....

would smiley faces after each post help??

:):)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3528255]Yes a sucker is born every day and I am one:steamin:. The bright side is if we were 1-15 we have 8 1pm home games.[/QUOTE]

IMO - 1PM Sunday is NFL Primetime.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;3528148]Exactly....I will bring my turkey fryer...nothing like deep fried turkey :yes:[/QUOTE]

I'll never have roast turkey again.

With all that tailgate time do you know how many turkeys you can fry!!???!!

That's what I'm thinking and all you guys that are selling your tix, Let me know and I can take them off your hands.

Jets Insider VIP
    For what it's worth, the Daily News reported yesterday that we are prime candidates to play in Detroit on Thanksgiving.

"The Jets' game will start at 7 p.m. and their opponent will be announced on Monday at the NFL meetings in Orlando, along with the rest of the prime time opening weekend games and Thanksgiving games. [B]The Jets are a prime candidate to play in Detroit in the opening game of the holiday tripleheader. [/B]The rest of the schedule, including the Giants' opponent on opening day, will be announced in April."

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2010/03/15/2010-03-15_giants_win_secret_coin_toss_to_play_first_game_in_new_meadowlands_stadium.html[/url]

I pre-warned my wife about the possibility of a game on Thanksgiving. She was ok, with it. I'll head to my sister-in-law's in Westchester for the turkey and take the train from Westchester to the game and then back home to Long Island. The only thing that will suck will be having to eat the pre-paid parking pass.

No difference then when you buy a new car. just ask all those new Toyota owners out there :)

[QUOTE=petejet;3528243]The care about us when PSLs need to be sold but as soon as they have our money we become an afterthought. Yet another reason why I am glad I did not buy a Personal Sucker License.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=petejet;3528272]IMO - 1PM Sunday is NFL Primetime.[/QUOTE]

1PM makes my life simple.:yes:

Living 2.5 hours away now in college, this stinks for me. I try to go to as many games as I can whenever I'm home, but I usually go away with my family for Thanksgiving. Maybe we can host this year and we can slip away once dinner is over.

I won't be home for the opener, and this is just another game I probably won't get to. Looks like all the games I'll get to will be in December...
    Last edited by BIGKIDD325; 03-16-2010 at 11:55 AM.