Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving Night Game for Jets (merged)

I wish the NFL would just announced the entire schedule already. By now you should have everything hammered out. I want to start planning my road trip to Chicago or Cleveland.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    [QUOTE=regen;3528051]A Thanksgiving night game would SUCK. It's the one day of the year you're supposed to be with your family and eat dinner together. Now we're supposed to wolf down turkey at what- 2PM- then run to the stadium to tailgate? If this is true I'm selling my six seats in the lower bowl the day after I get them. Only Woody would think of this as a bonus.

I agree with him on the coin toos but this T'giving night game coming after an opening Monday nighter is BS.[/QUOTE]

youre crazy bring the turkey to the stadium and have thanksgiving there...we are primetime now you complain about the game.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I'm anti Thanksgiving night mostly on account of that game being incredibly hard to stay awake for.

I like to have the fire going by 11:30 and the first pour of bourbon by 11:55 in anticipation of the Thanksgiving tradition of Alice's Restaurant at noon. Considering the eating and drinking that proceeds, my eyes are closed by 8pm.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=BigJet85;3528435]youre crazy bring the turkey to the stadium and have thanksgiving there...we are primetime now you complain about the game.[/QUOTE]

Get a grip. No one is having their Thanksgiving dinner at the stadium. Its one of those holidays where you spend the day with your family. And for many people extended family. Its an inconvenience for most folks that are STHs. Everyone has got to go thru it every now and then so this is our turn.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=BigJet85;3528435]youre crazy bring the turkey to the stadium and have thanksgiving there...we are primetime now you complain about the game.[/QUOTE]

You don't want my inlaws there;)

All Pro

lol what

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    last time they played was in dallas on thanksgiving i would for one give up my tanksgiving at home and go to the stadium and fry a turkey drink hang out wactch a game in the new stadium and be off the next day like most people...i dont get the hostility from everyone...some people like to tailgate and some people lie to sit at home and thanksgiving for is not a big deal its usually 4 or 5 of us so family isnt an issue and i would be more than happy to get tickets and go...leftovers are better anyway...lol

Rookie
    [QUOTE=BigJet85;3528624]last time they played was in dallas on thanksgiving i would for one give up my tanksgiving at home and go to the stadium and fry a turkey drink hang out wactch a game in the new stadium and be off the next day like most people...i dont get the hostility from everyone...some people like to tailgate and some people lie to sit at home and thanksgiving for is not a big deal its usually 4 or 5 of us so family isnt an issue and i would be more than happy to get tickets and go...leftovers are better anyway...lol[/QUOTE]

HAHA +1

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3528525]I like to have the fire going by 11:30 and the first pour of bourbon by 11:55 in anticipation of the Thanksgiving tradition of Alice's Restaurant at noon. [/QUOTE]

You're showing your age. :D

[IMG]http://www.aquariumdrunkard.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/alices-restaurant.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=djaparz;3528228]actually if we get the TG game that means we are home the Sunday prior as well right?[/QUOTE]

Probably, but no guarantee. It certainly won't be a long trip if there is one. Buffalo, Cleveland..even Chi-town are OK, and would likely be 1PM

If we are home the late game, it means New England would likely be a Detroit early.

On the bright side...this may keep Rex away from the biggest meal of the year!:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cornjulio21;3528650]If we are home the late game, it means New England would likely be a Detroit early.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it means New England would [U]definitely[/U] be at Detroit early.

The Lions can only play the Jets or the Patriots this Thanksgiving.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Phoenixx;3528647]You're showing your age. :D

[IMG]http://www.aquariumdrunkard.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/alices-restaurant.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Nah - its bonding with my old man. I grew up listening to that. Its been our T-day tradition as long as I can remember.

Re-reading my post, I definitely do sound like an old geezer. That's a problem since we are only just expecting our second son in 3 weeks. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    phoenixx is spot on

Dallas has the FOX game so Detroit has to play an AFC team and they only play TWO at home -- the Jets and the Cheating Douches....

so if the Commish has awarded the Jets the night home game, the Douches have to be the early game opponent

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sg3;3528686]phoenixx is spot on

Dallas has the FOX game so Detroit has to play an AFC team and they only play TWO at home -- the Jets and the Cheating Douches....

so if the Commish has awarded the Jets the night home game, the Douches have to be the early game opponent[/QUOTE]
    Doesn't the NFL Network do a night game on Thanksgiving? It may have nothing to do with Detroit. :confused:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=regen;3528051]A Thanksgiving night game would SUCK. It's the one day of the year you're supposed to be with your family and eat dinner together. Now we're supposed to wolf down turkey at what- 2PM- then run to the stadium to tailgate? If this is true I'm selling my six seats in the lower bowl the day after I get them. Only Woody would think of this as a bonus.

I agree with him on the coin toos but this T'giving night game coming after an opening Monday nighter is BS.[/QUOTE]

There goes 2 home games for me. What a fun season.

SAR I

All League
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3528727]There goes 2 home games for me. What a fun season.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Chill, you still have 8 home games to enjoy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=petejet;3528185]I work live in LI. That means I have to leave work early on a Monday to beat traffic. I also work in the financial sector. The market is open the day after Thanksgiving. Night games blow big time. Anyone who is thinking about selling Thanksgiving tickets - you might as well dress them up with stuffing and cranberry sauce and serve them with your turkey because you are going to eat them. Most people are not going to want to go to a game on Thanksgiving night. Many people travel that weekend. Many people have family visiting and cannot abandon them for a football game. Many people just will not want to go to a game after the days festivities.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

The thought that I'm going to miss 2 home games, probably against great opponents, because of the scheduling whims of Roger Goodell makes me unhappy.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=CV 40;3528733]Chill, you still have 8 home games to enjoy.[/QUOTE]

2 preseason, bah.

1 home opener, nope.

1 Thanksgiving game, nope.

Oh, and the MNF and Turkey games likely are against the Pats and Vikings, so there goes some of the best ones on the calendar.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3528725]Doesn't the NFL Network do a night game on Thanksgiving? It may have nothing to do with Detroit. [/QUOTE]

Correct. Last year, it was the Giants at Denver.

SAR I