Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving Night Game for Jets (merged)

All League
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3528739]2 preseason, bah.

1 home opener, nope.

1 Thanksgiving game, nope.

Oh, and the MNF and Turkey games likely are against the Pats and Vikings, so there goes some of the best ones on the calendar.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I would not be sure about the Pats or the Vikings, but we will see in April.

Oh, and I was not referring to Pre-Season games :groucho:

I'd guarantee you at least 7 Home Games left, not considering possible weather and flexing scenarios.
    Last edited by CV 40; 03-16-2010 at 03:42 PM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=regen;3528051]A Thanksgiving night game would SUCK. It's the one day of the year you're supposed to be with your family and eat dinner together. Now we're supposed to wolf down turkey at what- 2PM- then run to the stadium to tailgate? If this is true I'm selling my six seats in the lower bowl the day after I get them. Only Woody would think of this as a bonus.

I agree with him on the coin toos but this T'giving night game coming after an opening Monday nighter is BS.[/QUOTE]

well i dont have much family.. soo sell me the tickets :yes:

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=CV 40;3528750]

Oh, and I was not referring to Pre-Season games :groucho:[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm sure that any postseason Jets games would occur on Tuesday at 11am. The commissioner has the fans in mind at all times.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3528758]Oh, I'm sure that any postseason Jets games would occur on Tuesday at 11am. The commissioner has the fans in mind at all times.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

i hear they're gonna' flip for it.

Give the Thanksgiving game to the Pats to celebrate the birth place of Thanksgiving....

Give us the Detriot game....

I may be interested in Thanksgiving Night Tickets.

Email me [email]Toddrck@comcast.net[/email]

Thanks
    Todd

I've never been to a Jets game as they are expensive. Anyone wanting to sell tickets cheap I would be interested. Email me at [email]wtappan@yahoo.com[/email]

[QUOTE=ozu;3528155]Prime time games rule. I look forward to cheering on the Jets in my seats on Thanksgiving Day.[/QUOTE]

Prime time games suck beyond belief.

Sunday. 1pm preferably please.

This schedule might kill me. I'm a teacher and school starts the week before. We have a 4 day weekend and Monday we have after school meetings. I am trying to figure out how to pull a sick day the 4th day of school and not being tenured yet.

Thanksgiving I'm single with no wife or kids but I could see my dad and sister not agreeing to that game either. Should be interesting. Guess I'd rather be winning w/ prime time games then losing w/ no prime time.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=petejet;3528531]Get a grip. No one is having their Thanksgiving dinner at the stadium. Its one of those holidays where you spend the day with your family. And for many people extended family. Its an inconvenience for most folks that are STHs. Everyone has got to go thru it every now and then so this is our turn.[/QUOTE]

Since when is football on any day let alone T- giving an inconvenience. I used to play football on Thanksgiving in H.S.. I think that would be a great idea to get people together to celebrate at the Stadium. Turkey, with Wild Turkey.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Not trying to be funny for once, but you could probably get some good tailgating/turkey day tips from Cowboy fans. From what I understand there are generations of Cowboy fans that don't know what it's like to celebrate turkey day in their own home, it's always been at a football game. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3529254]Not trying to be funny for once, but you could probably get some good tailgating/turkey day tips from Cowboy fans. From what I understand there are generations of Cowboy fans that don't know what it's like to celebrate turkey day in their own home, it's always been at a football game. :yes:[/QUOTE]

This is the Tri-State, we have got it all.:)

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;3529257]This is the Tri-State, we have got it all.:)[/QUOTE]

Yep, including what appears to be a night game on turkey day. ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3529264]Yep, including what appears to be a night game on turkey day. ;)[/QUOTE]
    That would be awesome......great change of pace.

I guess it'll suck for all the non-Jet fans when we win the Superbowl.

Life isn't fair, I suppose.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;3529246]Since when is football on any day let alone T- giving an inconvenience. I used to play football on Thanksgiving in H.S.. I think that would be a great idea to get people together to celebrate at the Stadium. Turkey, with Wild Turkey.[/QUOTE]

Amen brother!

I love the "Turkey, with Wild Turkey" idea.

My birthday is on Thanksgiving this year and I think a Jets home game would be a great way to celebrate it.:yes:

[QUOTE=eaglenj;3528027]There was a small blurb in the NY Post today that during SuperBowl Week, the Jets informted their Suite Owners that the team would be hosting the late Thanksgiving game at the New Stadium.

Not sure if that is now affected (hopefully as I that would be far from convenient) but I thought that was an interesting thing to see in the paper....[/QUOTE]

I dont know if they willl get the night game. Looking at the Lions Sched they only play 2 AFC teams next year at home {NE@Jets} which means I believe one of those two would be the day game because the NFL alternates theCowboys and Lions as far as inter confrence play. I might be wrong but i think thats how the NFL and TV has it set up

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Anyone who has tickets to this game let me know or email me or i will stubhub it...omarkarasu@yahoo.com...i made up my mind im gonna be a real fan forgo thanksgiveng and have leftover turkey sandwhiches the next day with a side of stuffing instead of cole slaw.

Some of you guys need to learn how to suck it up and deal with less than ideal situations.....of course the Jets want prime time games as do MOST of the fans

Not every home game is going to be a 1 PM game and scheduled around you, especially as the Jets become more relevant.....look at teams such as the Pats and Cowboys who have had numerous prime time games over the last few years every season.....I doubt their fan base is complaining

I mean honestly, you can't sacrifice and make 1, maybe 2 prime time games a year? One or two sh!tty, tired days at work a year is not the end of the world to see the Jets. The Thanksgiving family situation is understandable for some, but on the other hand, many families and Jets fans will be excited for this game.

[QUOTE=Jets337;3529217]This schedule might kill me. I'm a teacher and school starts the week before. We have a 4 day weekend and Monday we have after school meetings. I am trying to figure out how to pull a sick day the 4th day of school and not being tenured yet.

Thanksgiving I'm single with no wife or kids but I could see my dad and sister not agreeing to that game either. Should be interesting. Guess I'd rather be winning w/ prime time games then losing w/ no prime time.[/QUOTE]

Atleast this guy has the right idea.....bad situation for some, sure. But it comes with the territory, and there really is no use complaining and moaning about the Jets scheduling games at "unfriendly" times that screw the fans over. The more popular and successful we are, the more prime time games we will have in the future. So either get over it and set your priorities, or stop buying season tickets.