Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving Night Game for Jets (merged)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And remember people, this isn't official until the NFL announces it is.

The NY Post is not exactly the most accurate of sources.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

NFL trying to make amends - Jets to host Thanksgiving game

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2010/03/17/2010-03-17_turkey_night_at_swamp.html[/url]

[quote=nydailynews]
    The Jets accepted the NFL's offer to host the Thanksgiving night game this year, sources confirmed Tuesday. Kickoff will be 8:20 p.m. The NFL will make the announcement on Monday at the league meetings in Orlando when it will also name the opponent for that game and the Jets' opponent for the Monday night opener on Sept. 13. The rest of the schedule comes out in April.
    [/quote]

It still doesn't make up for the 'secret coin toss' but it's a good start.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe they're making amends to the Jets org., but it's a total slap in the face to the season ticket holders. Now those who have seats have 2 night games with one of them on a holiday.

Listen to me, I sound like Phil Mushnick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I can see how that's a bit of an issue.

Do they let you bring turkey fryers to the parking lot?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Make amends"? That screws us even more. I will not be going to a game on Thanksgiving.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weren't we suppose to get the Thanksgiving game anyways? because were playing the Lions and it was between us and the Pats as to whom goes to Detroit on Thanksgiving. So now were getting the NFL Network game on Thanksgiving?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    not to argue

but since the Jets are going to be the Superbowl Champions three or more times before 2020, we all need to get used to the inconvenience of Thursday night openers, Monday and Sunday night football at home and very cold home games for the AFC Championship in January.

Sorry, but if we want nothing but Sunday games at 1 PM, we need to finish 4-12 every year and frankly, I'd rather take the inconvenience and suffering that Rex is going to bring us this decade

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nycdan;3529450][url]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2010/03/17/2010-03-17_turkey_night_at_swamp.html[/url]

It still doesn't make up for the 'secret coin toss' but it's a good start.[/QUOTE]

Eek. Guess it is getting closer to being official. Wowza.

I'll be there, can't say the family will be happy with me, but screw them. 75% of them don't watch football, and I'm tired of their annoying chatter during the games on Thanksgiving anyways. :yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand why everyone is complaining. Most of us will have off on the Friday after Thanksgiving so thats even more of an opportunity to really party it up!

Maybe all of you complainers should call the NFL and let them know when they should fit the games into your calendars.

Waaaaahhhh!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3529458]not to argue

but since the Jets are going to be the Superbowl Champions three or more times before 2020, we all need to get used to the inconvenience of Thursday night openers, Monday and Sunday night football at home and very cold home games for the AFC Championship in January.

Sorry, but if we want nothing but Sunday games at 1 PM, we need to finish 4-12 every year and frankly, I'd rather take the inconvenience and suffering that Rex is going to bring us this decade[/QUOTE]

True So True!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most people eat around 5 don't they? So this shouldn't be a huge deal. Everyone wll be asleep by the time I leave for the game. Now just crossing my fingers we can TG at home and not out of town.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3529493]Most people eat around 5 don't they? So this shouldn't be a huge deal. Everyone wll be asleep by the time I leave for the game. Now just crossing my fingers we can TG at home and not out of town.[/QUOTE]

Stay home and eat? Screw that.

If the game is at 8:20, lots will be open by 3:20 at latest, so I'll pack up the car and leave the house at 2 to make it there at 3:20. Hell yeah!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, but if we want nothing but Sunday games at 1 PM, we need to finish 4-12 every year and frankly, I'd rather take the inconvenience and suffering that Rex is going to bring us this decade[/QUOTE]

True! Solid point!

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3529493]Most people eat around 5 don't they? So this shouldn't be a huge deal. Everyone wll be asleep by the time I leave for the game. Now just crossing my fingers we can TG at home and not out of town.[/QUOTE]

5? Are you nuckin futz? 3pm, just like it was Sunday dinner! :yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Let them actually win something before they inconvenience us.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=petejet;3529732]Let them actually win something before they inconvenience us.[/QUOTE]

C'mon. So all Jet games have to be at 1:00 otherwise it's an inconvenience?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3529747]C'mon. So all Jet games have to be at 1:00 otherwise it's an inconvenience?[/QUOTE]

:yes: ...... Some "diehards" we have LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just checked.... they won two postseason games last season and played for the AFC championship... unfortunately all those games were on the road. I would much rather have been inconvenienced playing those games at home in cold weather.

Hoperfully those inconveniences start this season and continue for a long time

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BigJet85;3528435]youre crazy bring the turkey to the stadium and have thanksgiving there...we are primetime now you complain about the game.[/QUOTE]

Obviously you have no family and are a loner. I don't object to primetime, I object to Thanksgiving. I didn't pay PSLs for games I can't attend. Though, if like you, I was a loner with no loved ones, I'd happily attend.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mikey Z 6;3528756]well i dont have much family.. soo sell me the tickets :yes:[/QUOTE]

I'd do it, bro, but the picture of you in your avatar always creeps me out. ;)