Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Thanksgiving Night Game for Jets (merged)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=regen;3529824]Obviously you have no family and are a loner. I don't object to primetime, I object to Thanksgiving. I didn't pay PSLs for games I can't attend. Though, if like you, I was a loner with no loved ones, I'd happily attend.[/QUOTE]

Well one good team a year is getting this game.....this year it's us, not really something worth complaining about IMO

Many families are excited about this game......We always have alot of people at our house for Thanksgiving but I'm sure we'll eat earlier and all of the people (guys, lol) going to the game will get outta there early.....Lucky to have 99% of our family big time Jets fans I guess

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=King Koopa;3529837]Well one good team a year is getting this game.....this year it's us, not really something worth complaining about IMO

Many families are excited about this game......We always have alot of people at our house for Thanksgiving but I'm sure we'll eat earlier and all of the people (guys, lol) going to the game will get outta there early.....Lucky to have 99% of our family big time Jets fans I guess[/QUOTE]

I could go, but it's not worth the marital grief. A wife can punish her man in ways the Geneva Convention never imagined...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=regen;3529840]I could go, but it's not worth the marital grief. A wife can punish her man in ways the Geneva Convention never imagined...[/QUOTE]

LOL.....gotcha. But you gotta understand that one team a year WILL have this game..... Fortunately for some, and unfortunately for others, it is us this season

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=regen;3529824]Obviously you have no family and are a loner. I don't object to primetime, I object to Thanksgiving. I didn't pay PSLs for games I can't attend. Though, if like you, I was a loner with no loved ones, I'd happily attend.[/QUOTE]

I believe in a previous post he was asking for tickets to the Thanksgiving game. So sell him yours.

The Jets having a home game on Thanksgiving is a 1st and probably won't happen again for at least 10 years.

Be thankful (on Thanksgiving Day) that you aren't a Lions or Cowboys fan since Thanksgiving Day is an annual home game for them.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the idea of the Jets playing on Thanksgiving! My position is that I will be 26 at that point, I'll have work the next day sure but I will be in Hoboken so I'll get home relatively quickly. I like the exposure the Jets will get nationwide. Plus if we're playing Detroit, I have family up there so all in all, cool experience for this fan. I know it's not the perfect day for families but, as Jets fans, aren't you kind of thankful we could possibly be together watching the team on that day? Gives me an excuse to cook new stuff in the tailgate, too!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3528065]This is another way the Jets are getting screwed by a undesirable game date. How many years in a row have the Jets played on Thanksgiving weekend? How many weeks in a row have they played New Years weekend? Jets get Monday night Giants get the opener[/QUOTE]

You guys ***** about the cowboy's "advantage" due to their thanksgiving being set year after year, but when you guys have to do it twice in 10...

And I didn't mean to pick out BBJ on this issue, there are quite a few posts with this position, but his was the first I saw and thought to quote.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    First year in new stadium, final 4 team, some big matchups. Don't be surprised to see us get a Sunday Night game thrown in there at home as well for three home night games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3529766]

Hoperfully those inconveniences start this season and continue for a long time[/QUOTE]

There is every reason to believe that those inconveniences will start happening this year, and go on for years to come with Rex leading the way. It will happen:yes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's funny how whinny some fans are. the jets get 2 of possibly the biggest prime time games of the season and you guys are complaining. the first monday night game and thanksgiving. and even the chance of an automatic win against the lions. sure Goodell messed up with the coin toss, but he redeemed himself and gave the jets a good package.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fatty_VM;3530128]You guys ***** about the cowboy's "advantage" due to their thanksgiving being set year after year, but when you guys have to do it twice in 10...

And I didn't mean to pick out BBJ on this issue, there are quite a few posts with this position, but his was the first I saw and thought to quote.[/QUOTE]

You do have a point. I think it's a tremendous competitive advantage to be the Home Team on a short week. If you only get 3 days to practice for that weeks game (Mon-Wed), and the opponent has to spend most of the 3rd day traveling. They're at a disadvantage. I hope we get someone who has to go cross-country like GB or Minn that game.

And then of course, you get 10 days to prepare for your next opponent (Whereas they likely only have one week).
    Last edited by Ven0m; 03-17-2010 at 07:32 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3530256]I love getting the Thanksgiving nite game at home

A. Because that tavel day for the road team equals one less day to practice on a short week

B. You're also traveling on Wednesday when you've barely recovered from physically from Sunday

C. The home crowd is always a little more fired up for those prime time nite games (i.e. enhanced HFA)

D. You have a distinct advantage for the next game with 10 days to prepare, so a win on TG feels like 1.5 W's :yes:[/QUOTE]

Love to get a tough game like Pats in NE the following week. The advantage that a Dallas gets playing at home each year is huge.:yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3530258]Love to get a tough game like Pats in NE the following week. The advantage that a Dallas gets playing at home each year is huge.:yes:[/QUOTE]

NE will also have 10 days to prepare because they have the Thanksgiving 12:30 game in Detroit.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3530273]Is that just speculation, Dcat, or is that confirmed?[/QUOTE]

It's Detroit's turn to play an AFC team this year for the CBS game, and they only play 2 AFC Teams at Home, the NY Jets and the New England Patriots.

So if the Jets are getting their own Home Game in the Primetime slot on Turkey Day, by process of elimination it would have to be the Patriots @ the Lions on Thanksgiving.

But it's not like we don't have other tough games that 10 days wouldn't be a nice bonus for.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3530237]You do have a point. I think it's a tremendous competitive advantage to be the Home Team on a short week. If you only get 3 days to practice for that weeks game (Mon-Wed), and the opponent has to spend most of the 3rd day traveling. They're at a disadvantage. I hope we get someone who has to go cross-country like GB or Minn that game.

And then of course, you get 10 days to prepare for your next opponent (Whereas they likely only have one week).[/QUOTE]

Ding ding ding.

Venom has it right here Jets fans. :D

Personally, I think Ryan will have you guys on the right wavelength for the game, and that it is an honor, a privilege AS WELL AS an [i]advantage[/i] if the home team knows how to prepare properly.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3530256][B]I love getting the Thanksgiving nite game at home[/B]

A. Because that travel day for the road team equals one less day to practice on a short week

B. You're also traveling on Wednesday when you have barely recovered physically from Sunday

C. The home crowd is always a little more fired up for those prime time nite games (i.e. enhanced HFA)

D. You have a distinct advantage for the next game with 10 days to prepare, so a win on TG feels like 1.5 W's[/QUOTE]

4 excellent points.. I'm all for the TG nite game. :boozin: :beers:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I mean, we could be scheduled the next week against Detroit or New England, so we may not get the extra days advantage, but it would still help for the rest of the season either way, because you're getting 1.5 bye weeks.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have begun trying to recruit family members to do a Thanksgiving Day family dinner at the stadium. My dad says it's a neat idea "thinking outside the box but that is your box" My cousin says he's down. If I can convince my uncle all I need are the sister mom and aunt. I can try to play it as no cooking no cleaning up after I do it all and bring a turkey to the game.