Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving Night Game for Jets (merged)

Thanksgiving Night Game for Jets (merged)

There was a small blurb in the NY Post today that during SuperBowl Week, the Jets informted their Suite Owners that the team would be hosting the late Thanksgiving game at the New Stadium.

Not sure if that is now affected (hopefully as I that would be far from convenient) but I thought that was an interesting thing to see in the paper....

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;3528027]There was a small blurb in the NY Post today that during SuperBowl Week, the Jets informted their Suite Owners that the team would be hosting the late Thanksgiving game at the New Stadium.

Not sure if that is now affected (hopefully as I that would be far from convenient) but I thought that was an interesting thing to see in the paper....[/QUOTE]

this would be awesome. Woody seems to care-less what people think lately. I'm all for having the "renegade owner":yes:

Rookie
    Yea, Boomer and Carton were talking about that this morning.

I was the caller who said Woody should buy the naming rights to the stadium and call it "Jets Stadium". Since he is getting half the revenue from the deal, it would only cost him 50 cents on the dollar of what it would cost anyone else.

A Thanksgiving night game would SUCK. It's the one day of the year you're supposed to be with your family and eat dinner together. Now we're supposed to wolf down turkey at what- 2PM- then run to the stadium to tailgate? If this is true I'm selling my six seats in the lower bowl the day after I get them. Only Woody would think of this as a bonus.

I agree with him on the coin toos but this T'giving night game coming after an opening Monday nighter is BS.

Jets Insider VIP
    there is always something every day for SOJF to whine about...

[I]"The Jets won the Superbowl and now, dammit, they are stuck with the 32nd draft pick!!! There goes Woody screwing the fans again!!!"[/I]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JETSJetsJetsJets;3528048]Yea, Boomer and Carton were talking about that this morning.

I was the caller who said Woody should buy the naming rights to the stadium and call it "Jets Stadium". Since he is getting half the revenue from the deal, it would only cost him 50 cents on the dollar of what it would cost anyone else.[/QUOTE]
    I heard that call, outstanding idea I hope Woody takes you up on that. :yes:

[QUOTE=regen;3528051]A Thanksgiving night game would SUCK. It's the one day of the year you're supposed to be with your family and eat dinner together. Now we're supposed to wolf down turkey at what- 2PM- then run to the stadium to tailgate? If this is true I'm selling my six seats in the lower bowl the day after I get them. Only Woody would think of this as a bonus.

I agree with him on the coin toos but this T'giving night game coming after an opening Monday nighter is BS.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you in spirit but I think that this one time event is a net gain for the Jets.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=regen;3528051]A Thanksgiving night game would SUCK. It's the one day of the year you're supposed to be with your family and eat dinner together. Now we're supposed to wolf down turkey at what- 2PM- then run to the stadium to tailgate? If this is true I'm selling my six seats in the lower bowl the day after I get them. Only Woody would think of this as a bonus.

I agree with him on the coin toos but this T'giving night game coming after an opening Monday nighter is BS.[/QUOTE]

I agree - Thanksgiving game sucks!!! I will be selling those tickets also.

All Pro
    This is another way the Jets are getting screwed by a undesirable game date. How many years in a row have the Jets played on Thanksgiving weekend? How many weeks in a row have they played New Years weekend? Jets get Monday night Giants get the opener

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=djaparz;3528061]I agree - Thanksgiving game sucks!!! I will be selling those tickets also.[/QUOTE]
    I have no interest in a Thanksgiving game but the idea of getting rid of any tickets this coming season is maddening.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3528067]I have no interest in a Thanksgiving game but the idea of getting rid of any tickets this coming season is maddening.[/QUOTE]

Thanksgiving is a big holiday with my family. It is also my birthday. My parents host it and I go to the games with my father. So it would be a huge inconvenience. I am not going on stub hub or anything. I will offer to my fellow fans in the family and if not then the ticket exchange. There are somethings more important than a Jet game.

What is maddeining is that we are slated to face the Lions this year so why not let us play them. Why give us the night game.

[QUOTE=jetswin;3528067]I have no interest in a Thanksgiving game but the idea of getting rid of any tickets this coming season is maddening.[/QUOTE]

I know, first we get boned on PSLs and now an opener on Monday night and Thanksgiving night as well? I'm sure we'll get a lot of december 4PM games on top. No doubt the Mara family has more juice at the NFL office than Woody. He should pull an Al Davis and sue the league.

We should start a class-action suit because as PSL owners we have rights. Anybody here a lawyer who wants to get a lot of free publicity pro bono?

[QUOTE=djaparz;3528073]Thanksgiving is a big holiday with my family. It is also my birthday. My parents host it and I go to the games with my father. So it would be a huge inconvenience. I am not going on stub hub or anything. I will offer to my fellow fans in the family and if not then the ticket exchange. There are somethings more important than a Jet game.

What is maddeining is that we are slated to face the Lions this year so why not let us play them. Why give us the night game.[/QUOTE]

And the answers is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

All Pro
    This is going to go well when I tell my wife that the Jets are playing Thanksgiving night when we have Thanksgiving tradition at my house. Can't wait to tell the family:rolleyes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Actually between this Thanksgiving night game, and the opener on Monday night, the Jets' season is not setting up as very family friendly...and I'm figuring I now have to take off 2 work days.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=regen;3528074]I know, first we get boned on PSLs and now an opener on Monday night and Thanksgiving night as well? I'm sure we'll get a lot of december 4PM games on top. No doubt the Mara family has more juice at the NFL office than Woody. He should pull an Al Davis and sue the league.

We should start a class-action suit because as PSL owners we have rights. Anybody here a lawyer who wants to get a lot of free publicity pro bono?[/QUOTE]

Bank on Christmas and New Years weekend

All Pro
    [QUOTE=regen;3528081]And the answers is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$![/QUOTE]

Yep it comes down to the might dollar. What can you do we have been fortunate - rarley had a home game on a holiday. I remember 1995 we had a Christmas Eve game but it was at 12:30 or something.

So i watch the game from my parents house after a good day of eating good food!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3528082]This is going to go well when I tell my wife that the Jets are playing Thanksgiving night when we have Thanksgiving tradition at my house. Can't wait to tell the family:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    I'm in the same boat...I think my parents and in laws will be more upset, especially if I take my family to that game.

Personally I love the Monday Night game....warm weather, 7:00 start, take 1/2 day off to enjoy the tailgate and open the new stadium with the Green Lights. I dont think its an inconvenience at all.

Thanksgiving is a completely different story. My family goes to the games, so we would lose a bunch of us at Thanksgiving, but aside from that, traffic in the tri-state area is probably the worst ever at the time we would be heading to the game, and tailgating after early Thanksgiving dinner woudl suc,. This is something i have 0 interest in.

Not sure how Woody could think anyone "wants" that game, but seems ridiculous to me....

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3528083]Actually between this Thanksgiving night game, and the opener on Monday night, the Jets' season is not setting up as very family friendly...and I'm figuring I now have to take off 2 work days.[/QUOTE]

Try traveling from where I come from:rolleyes:.