Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving Night Game for Jets (merged)

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3528089]I'm in the same boat...I think my parents and in laws will be more upset, especially if I take my family to that game.[/QUOTE]

My wife is already planning the T-day menu, she loves this holiday.

[QUOTE=regen;3528051]A Thanksgiving night game would SUCK. It's the one day of the year you're supposed to be with your family and eat dinner together. Now we're supposed to wolf down turkey at what- 2PM- then run to the stadium to tailgate? If this is true I'm selling my six seats in the lower bowl the day after I get them. Only Woody would think of this as a bonus.

I agree with him on the coin toos but this T'giving night game coming after an opening Monday nighter is BS.[/QUOTE]

Skip the tailgating part. Have thanksgiving with the family, then to the stadium for and watch the game.

or

Have a once in a lifetime tailgate thanksgiving dinner with the family at the stadium.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3528093]Try traveling from where I come from:rolleyes:.[/QUOTE]
    :D...I see that, ouch.

Hope its not true. I always go out of town for Thanksgiving and would be forced to sell the tickets. That the Jets are playing on Thanksgiving isn't surprising (as I figured we would get Detroit). Hosting the night game though is the suprise.

We will know if the Jets play on Thanksgiving sometime between March 21st-24th.

Between March 21st-24th is the NFL Owners Annual Meeting. During these meetings the following matchups are decided:

Week 1 Thursday Night
    Week 1 4:15pm National Game
    Week 1 Sunday Night
    Week 1 Monday Night Games
    Thanksgiving Games
    Christmas Eve/Day Games

So we won't have to wait for April to find out who we're going to play Week 1, or if we will or won't be at home or playing at all on Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving at the new stadium... what could be finer!!! Lots of eating and drinking, just at a different location and a better game to watch live rather than on TV.

[QUOTE=Beerfish;3528099]Skip the tailgating part. Have thanksgiving with the family, then to the stadium for and watch the game.

or

Have a once in a lifetime tailgate thanksgiving dinner with the family at the stadium.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'll get my seventy-something mom and seventy something wife's parents and tell them we're eating outside this year. They'll all be dead from pneumonia. And I'd be dead for even suggesting it.

My wife and mother will put out a hit on me if I even suggest stopping Thanksgiving tradition so I can go to an effin' Jets game- and at night no less. This is a non-starter. I'm not even bringing it up except to say let's eat a little earlier so I can at least watch the game on TV. I hate Goodell. Can't believ Woody think any of us are into this. What a tool.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3528082]This is going to go well when I tell my wife that the Jets are playing Thanksgiving night when we have Thanksgiving tradition at my house. Can't wait to tell the family:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Guess my 10+ year streak will be coming to an end if they do that.... No flags in 5A that night......

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    You are either a fan that attends or not, everyone knows the possibilities of dates and times. It is when they start changing established times because of religion or some other BS that pisses me off.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Flagman5A;3528118]Guess my 10+ year streak will be coming to an end if they do that.... No flags in 5A that night......[/QUOTE]

We use to tailgate right next to you a few years ago. Your flags are an institution.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;3528124]You are either a fan that attends or not, everyone knows the possibilities of dates and times. It is when they start changing established times because of religion or some other BS that pisses me off.[/QUOTE]

Exactly - if you can attend - enjoy. if you choose not too - enjoy the game on TV. End of story. This is not about who is a fan or not.

If you can't attend for religiouse reasons or personal reason that is no ones business but your own.
    Last edited by djaparz; 03-16-2010 at 09:57 AM.

[QUOTE=Apache 51;3528124]You are either a fan that attends or not, everyone knows the possibilities of dates and times. It is when they start changing established times because of religion or some other BS that pisses me off.[/QUOTE]
    Why does that piss you off?

[QUOTE=sg3;3528056]there is always something every day for SOJF to whine about...

[I]"The Jets won the Superbowl and now, dammit, they are stuck with the 32nd draft pick!!! There goes Woody screwing the fans again!!!"[/I][/QUOTE]

LOL....OK, I'll give you this one.

This isn't Christmas, its Thanksgiving, go to the game. I'll be there, if this is a case. Remember this is nothing but a stupid rumor for now.

All League
    I doubt this will happen, our opponent would be the lions, when was the last time they played on thanksgiving and didn't host?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3528132]Why does that piss you off?[/QUOTE]

Don't go there.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetsFanInSec230;3528135]This isn't Christmas, its Thanksgiving, go to the game. I'll be there, if this is a case. Remember this is nothing but a stupid rumor for now.[/QUOTE]

Long before this controversy, the Jets were thrown a bone by the league. The Post has learned the Jets informed some of their suite holders during Super Bowl week that they will host a Thanksgiving night game, a perk they are expected to announce during next week's owners' meetings

Read more: [url]http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/tails_you_lose_NUwEgbB5fOMbOGfMqZrlbK#ixzz0iLZU2pdY[/url]

that was in todays NY Post.

[QUOTE=JerseyJet80;3528136]I doubt this will happen, our opponent would be the lions, when was the last time they played on thanksgiving and didn't host?[/QUOTE]

No, the Lions could host either New England or the Jets. Lions could host New England and the Jets could host anybody, as the night game doesn't have restrictions of any sort.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JerseyJet80;3528136]I doubt this will happen, [B]our opponent would be the lions[/B], when was the last time they played on thanksgiving and didn't host?[/QUOTE]

Says who?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=djaparz;3528144]Long before this controversy, the Jets were boned by the league. The Post has learned the Jets informed some of their suite holders during Super Bowl week that they will host a Thanksgiving night game, a perk they are expected to announce during next week's owners' meetings

Read more: [url]http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/tails_you_lose_NUwEgbB5fOMbOGfMqZrlbK#ixzz0iLZU2pdY[/url]

that was in todays NY Post.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.