Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving Night Game for Jets (merged)

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3528099]Skip the tailgating part. Have thanksgiving with the family, then to the stadium for and watch the game.

or

Have a once in a lifetime tailgate thanksgiving dinner with the family at the stadium.[/QUOTE]

Exactly....I will bring my turkey fryer...nothing like deep fried turkey :yes:

[QUOTE=djaparz;3528144]Long before this controversy, the Jets were thrown a bone by the league. The Post has learned the Jets informed some of their suite holders during Super Bowl week that they will host a Thanksgiving night game, a perk they are expected to announce during next week's owners' meetings

Read more: [url]http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/tails_you_lose_NUwEgbB5fOMbOGfMqZrlbK#ixzz0iLZU2pdY[/url]

that was in todays NY Post.[/QUOTE]

I'll believe it when/if the NFL comes out with it next week.

All League
    Prime time games rule. I look forward to cheering on the Jets in my seats on Thanksgiving Day.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=ozu;3528155]Prime time games rule. I look forward to cheering on the Jets in my seats on Thanksgiving Day.[/QUOTE]

Prime time games are the absolute worst. Most of us have this thing known as work the next day. You know - that's how we pay for the tickets?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3528082]This is going to go well when I tell my wife that the Jets are playing Thanksgiving night when we have Thanksgiving tradition at my house. Can't wait to tell the family:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

It can't be worse than what happened to Tiger Woods last Thanksgiving.

[QUOTE=petejet;3528159]Prime time games are the absolute worst. Most of us have this thing known as work the next day. You know - that's how we pay for the tickets?[/QUOTE]

A 7pm game on Monday isn't going to kill you. You'll be home before midnight unless you live far, far away from the stadium.

And a Thanksgiving night game shouldn't kill you either, as most people have off work on the Friday following.

NOW, a Thanksgiving night game kills me, the college student who has a part time job, who must be at work on Black Friday, at 5am. :eek:

I'll be working drunk and tired the next day!

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

[QUOTE=jetswin;3528067]I have no interest in a Thanksgiving game but the idea of getting rid of any tickets this coming season is maddening.[/QUOTE]

I had Figured since we play Detroit in Detroit this season, that we would be stuck there playing on Thanksgiving , but the radio this morning seemed to make it sound as if we were going to host that 3rd T.G. game ,so when the dates finally come out we will know....

All League
    [QUOTE=petejet;3528159]Prime time games are the absolute worst. Most of us have this thing known as work the next day. You know - that's how we pay for the tickets?[/QUOTE]The MNF game will get me home at 11pm, 11:30 tops. Same time if we have the prime time Thanksgiving game. This does not impede my ability to be at work by 8:30-9am.
    Last edited by ozu; 03-16-2010 at 10:13 AM.

[QUOTE=joiseyjet;3528174]I had Figured since we play Detroit in Detroit this season, that we would be stuck there playing on Thanksgiving , but the radio this morning seemed to make it sound as if we were going to host that 3rd T.G. game ,so when the dates finally come out we will know....[/QUOTE]

Which will be between the 21st-24th at the annual owners meeting.. probably will come out the 23rd or 24th.

NE can go to DET, if they keep the AFC going to DET in 2010.

[QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3528082]This is going to go well when I tell my wife that the Jets are playing Thanksgiving night....[/QUOTE]

Man up Sally. Who wears the pants at your house anyway?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JetsFanInSec230;3528164]A 7pm game on Monday isn't going to kill you. You'll be home before midnight unless you live far, far away from the stadium.

And a Thanksgiving night game shouldn't kill you either, as most people have off work on the Friday following.

NOW, a Thanksgiving night game kills me, the college student who has a part time job, who must be at work on Black Friday, at 5am. :eek:

I'll be working drunk and tired the next day![/QUOTE]

I work live in LI. That means I have to leave work early on a Monday to beat traffic. I also work in the financial sector. The market is open the day after Thanksgiving. Night games blow big time. Anyone who is thinking about selling Thanksgiving tickets - you might as well dress them up with stuffing and cranberry sauce and serve them with your turkey because you are going to eat them. Most people are not going to want to go to a game on Thanksgiving night. Many people travel that weekend. Many people have family visiting and cannot abandon them for a football game. Many people just will not want to go to a game after the days festivities.

Our fan base is hilarious. YES, of course I'm happy about the prospect of a TG game.

[QUOTE=ozu;3528181]The MNF game will get me home at 11pm. Same time if we have the prime time Thanksgiving game. This does not impede my ability to be at work by 8:30-9am.[/QUOTE]

Well, the Thanksgiving Night game I think kicks off at 8, 8:30, where as the Week 1 MNF game will kick off at 7.

Jets Insider VIP
    one thing about SOJF

they can always find the negatives in anything

new stadium

"That stinks"

first MNF game ---

"That stinks"

Thanksgiving night game ---

"That stinks"

Tomlinson signs

"That stinks"

Cromartie, Pool in the defensive backfield

"That stinks"

Jets draft Sanchez and Greene

"That stinks"

Jets win Superbowl in Dallas in February 2011

"That stinks"

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SMC;3528162]It can't be worse than what happened to Tiger Woods last Thanksgiving.[/QUOTE]

I will tell you tonight when I break the news:mad:

Jets Insider VIP
    I understand the real world issues of prime time games for season ticket holders, but it's ironic that Jet fans are complaining.

This is what success brings. How do you think the season ticket holders for the Pats, Colts, and Cowboys feel? They have a bunch of primetime games every year, sometimes up to 4 at home. In other words, half their tickets are at an inconvenient time.

I can sympathise with STH's with families and other traditions that they wouldn't be willing to break over a football game, but being one of the few nationally broadcasted games is always a good thing for the New York Jets. It brings a lot of exposure to the team. It's easy to see why they would want their football game broadcasted in millions of houses on a national holiday.

For years, the fans *****ed that we don't get enough primetime games, and when we actually do get them for a change, they still *****. ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    it is nice that SOJF have something new everyday to whine and moan about

All League
    [QUOTE=JetsFanInSec230;3528187]Well, the Thanksgiving Night game I think kicks off at 8, 8:30, where as the Week 1 MNF game will kick off at 7.[/QUOTE]Ok, so maybe midnight on the Thanksgiving Day game. Doesn't change a thing, but I guess it doesn't bother me as long as I'm getting 6 hours of sleep.

Are you kidding. The night game on Thanksgiving will be awesome. I don't have tickets, but I will get them.

We should hope it is the start of a new tradition.

Not to mention it is a huge advantage. You get the short week at home and a long 10 day break to heal up some wounds.

You can all have a full meal with your family and still get on the road by 5:30 and tailgate for a while.

This is great!