Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tannenbaum on ESPN1050 Radio @ 11am

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post

LT on not being No. 1 RB anymore:"I have no ego. #Jets made it to AFC Championship without me. How can I demand to be a starter?"

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    F*ck Brandon Marshall.
    Please don't say this within earshot of Antonio Cromartie.

Hall Of Fame

LT on not being No. 1 RB anymore:"I have no ego. #Jets made it to AFC Championship without me. How can I demand to be a starter?"

you know, at the end of the day, that might be the reason why LT is here instead of TJ.

i get the feeling that TJ wanted to stay with the Jets, but as the go-to RB. i wouldn't really blame him for feeling that way, after coming off back-to-back career seasons, but i also don't blame the team for wanting to hand the reigns over to Greene.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    you know, at the end of the day, that might be the reason why LT is here instead of TJ.

i get the feeling that TJ wanted to stay with the Jets, but as the go-to RB. i wouldn't really blame him for feeling that way, after coming off back-to-back career seasons, but i also don't blame the team for wanting to hand the reigns over to Greene.
    I think thats a huge reason. I can't see TJ wanting to take the backseat to Greene. Plus it takes TJ a good amount of carries a game to actually get going, even he said so himself. So feeding him just 8-10 carries or something for a back up would be pointless. Go with the more versatile guy and the one willing to play a backup role.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    braylon and leon for marshall and a pick.
    no way!
    Give them Clemens, Gholston, and Woodhead.

Hall Of Fame
    I think thats a huge reason. I can't see TJ wanting to take the backseat to Greene. Plus it takes TJ a good amount of carries a game to actually get going, even he said so himself. So feeding him just 8-10 carries or something for a back up would be pointless. Go with the more versatile guy and the one willing to play a backup role.
    yup.

at this point in their careers, LT as a backup/3rd down RB >>> TJ as a backup/3rd down RB.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post

I think you are right. That said, letting Jones go and bringing in LT becomes a no-brainer.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Polidore22 View Post
    Man it's going to be fun watching them both do that celebration. I imitate it all the time throwing away gargabe...giving someone a pen.. etc.
    Dude, that SERIOUSLY made me lol.

The best part is I don't know you, so I picture CARLTON doing it . . . I seriously can't stop laughing!
    Last edited by OCCH; 03-16-2010 at 01:52 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Dude, that SERIOUSLY made me lol.

The best part is I don't know you, so I picture CARLTON doing it . . . I seriously can't stop laughing!
    Hahaha! Now that would be hilarious. I wish I had his moves.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    no way!
    Give them Clemens, Gholston, and Woodhead.
    Sadly, this isn't Mangini we're looking to deal with.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Please don't say this within earshot of Antonio Cromartie.
    I spit my drink out upon reading this!