Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: J&J Park

[QUOTE=bitonti;3528626]Woody buying his own naming rights is not a good business plan. It would be like him buying the unsold PSLs.[/QUOTE]

Being fair, the idea isn't as much about making money as it would be about a very expensive and public dig at the Giants. :D

[QUOTE=Boomer7;3528649]I work for J&J. The reason Casey is the J&J heiress is because even though Woody has no official ties to the company, he still holds significant stock in the company as well as the controlling interest in the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.[/QUOTE]

I don't think she's the only heir/ess :i_dont_kn

Jamie Johnson did a film a while back. Mary's husband is still alive and gets the original trust from 1961. There's got to be at least a hundred people with their hands in that cookie jar.

[QUOTE=bitonti;3528626]Woody buying his own naming rights is not a good business plan. It would be like him buying the unsold PSLs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but he buys em at one hell of a discount...

Lol

Veteran
    But Woody has the controlling interest in the fortune...that is the key

if the jets are going to spend money i'd hope they do it by locking up revis, brick, mangold and harris to long term deals. Not pee it away on their own naming rights.

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3528530]I thought he made his investments in real estate, stock holdings and cheating the IRS? :i_dont_kn

By the way, if Woody would have never outbid Dolan, we'd have the West Side Stadium and a name on the building.

I like Woody but just sayin' :cool:[/QUOTE]

Our own stadium,probably. But judging by Dolan's tenure with the Knicks and Rangers a much worse team.

All League
    No doubt about that. The only aspect of Dolan that is any good is his willingness to spend money. He has zero eye for management talent. There's pretty much no way the current Tannenbaum regime would be here if Dolan were the owner.