Thread: I propose New OT Rules:

Hall Of Fame

I propose New OT Rules:

Home team will follow ref into basement of stadium, flip a coin and the winner of said coin-toss will get the ball to start overtime. No cameras, no mutual team representitives. It'll be fun. Who do ya think wins?

Nah, I'll stick with the current OT rules thanks! :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=el_dub80;3528692]Nah, I'll stick with the current OT rules thanks! :yes:[/QUOTE]

Grass roots baby, get behind it. Its got tea party potential.

I don't get it but since we're putting forth new rules, here's one I've been stewing about for years:

CHANGE THE RULE OF CALLING TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD IF THE GUY IS OBVIOUSLY OUT OF THE PLAY AND IN NO WAY AFFECTS THE PLAY.

Peyton Manning gets this call all the time--some DL can't get off the field in time but is one step away from the sidelines running as hard as he can--DELAY OF GAME--its so stupid!

The NHL has this one right--during a line switch, there can be 8 guys on the ice and no call because they are getting out of the way and even if the puck comes near them, there's no call unless they interfere.

If this thread actually turns into an OT rules debate...god help us all.

i see what you did there

Now I get it. Long day...,

[QUOTE=RexRutha;3528959]I don't get it but since we're putting forth new rules, here's one I've been stewing about for years:

CHANGE THE RULE OF CALLING TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD IF THE GUY IS OBVIOUSLY OUT OF THE PLAY AND IN NO WAY AFFECTS THE PLAY.

Peyton Manning gets this call all the time--some DL can't get off the field in time but is one step away from the sidelines running as hard as he can--DELAY OF GAME--its so stupid!

The NHL has this one right--during a line switch, there can be 8 guys on the ice and no call because they are getting out of the way and even if the puck comes near them, there's no call unless they interfere.[/QUOTE]

On the other hand some of these rich kids need to show some hustle and run off the field.

I support the idea fully, but I'd make an exception when it's a Jet home game. Instead of the basement, do it in front of the nearest refreshment stand so Sanchez can grab a hot dog.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

there should be no coin flip for OT- use the XFL format to see who gets the ball....