Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Draft Party

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Draft Party

I'm thinking they are not going to have one this year because the draft is during the week which is lame..

anyone ?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    First year in about 10 years that I am not going to the draft. Kind of disappointed but understand that they are making money from T.V.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This Thu, Fri, Sat set up SUCKS!! At least move the first round to Friday night so the "draft partys" can still stay kind of the same.:furious:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would be kind of pointless to do the annual D&B party on Saturday this year with Saturday being Rds 4-7.

I went the last 3 years, to the "official" one in NYC, and it was a blast. Huge beers in frozen mugs, free autographs, free draft day tshirt, hundreds of fellow diehard Jets fans, Flight Crew and Coors Light girls. Good times.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand that the NFL wants to get into that primetime money, but I hate this new Draft schedule. I live on the west coast, so I'll still be at work for the beginning (if not all) of the first round. I used to look forward to watching the draft with a friend at a bar on Saturday, spending the day drinking and eating and having a good time. Not anymore.

The way they're doing it, sure they'll get a few more views on Thursday night, but nobody's going to watch the rest of it. Who's going to watch the middle rounds of a draft on a Friday night, let alone the later rounds Saturday morning? I don't like that it's three days, either. Not a fan. I'll be hoping they change it back to the way it was next year...although they can keep the 10 minute first round time limit.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsMets83;3529380]I understand that the NFL wants to get into that primetime money, but I hate this new Draft schedule. I live on the west coast, so I'll still be at work for the beginning (if not all) of the first round. I used to look forward to watching the draft with a friend at a bar on Saturday, spending the day drinking and eating and having a good time. Not anymore.

The way they're doing it, sure they'll get a few more views on Thursday night, but nobody's going to watch the rest of it. Who's going to watch the middle rounds of a draft on a Friday night, let alone the later rounds Saturday morning? I don't like that it's three days, either. Not a fan. I'll be hoping they change it back to the way it was next year...although they can keep the 10 minute first round time limit.[/QUOTE]

Wow I didnt even think about you west coast guys...how are they gaining viewers if many people won't be able to watch???