Thread: Draft Party

Draft Party

I'm thinking they are not going to have one this year because the draft is during the week which is lame..

anyone ?

Rookie
    First year in about 10 years that I am not going to the draft. Kind of disappointed but understand that they are making money from T.V.

Veteran
    This Thu, Fri, Sat set up SUCKS!! At least move the first round to Friday night so the "draft partys" can still stay kind of the same.:furious:

Would be kind of pointless to do the annual D&B party on Saturday this year with Saturday being Rds 4-7.

I went the last 3 years, to the "official" one in NYC, and it was a blast. Huge beers in frozen mugs, free autographs, free draft day tshirt, hundreds of fellow diehard Jets fans, Flight Crew and Coors Light girls. Good times.

I understand that the NFL wants to get into that primetime money, but I hate this new Draft schedule. I live on the west coast, so I'll still be at work for the beginning (if not all) of the first round. I used to look forward to watching the draft with a friend at a bar on Saturday, spending the day drinking and eating and having a good time. Not anymore.

The way they're doing it, sure they'll get a few more views on Thursday night, but nobody's going to watch the rest of it. Who's going to watch the middle rounds of a draft on a Friday night, let alone the later rounds Saturday morning? I don't like that it's three days, either. Not a fan. I'll be hoping they change it back to the way it was next year...although they can keep the 10 minute first round time limit.

[QUOTE=JetsMets83;3529380]I understand that the NFL wants to get into that primetime money, but I hate this new Draft schedule. I live on the west coast, so I'll still be at work for the beginning (if not all) of the first round. I used to look forward to watching the draft with a friend at a bar on Saturday, spending the day drinking and eating and having a good time. Not anymore.

The way they're doing it, sure they'll get a few more views on Thursday night, but nobody's going to watch the rest of it. Who's going to watch the middle rounds of a draft on a Friday night, let alone the later rounds Saturday morning? I don't like that it's three days, either. Not a fan. I'll be hoping they change it back to the way it was next year...although they can keep the 10 minute first round time limit.[/QUOTE]

Wow I didnt even think about you west coast guys...how are they gaining viewers if many people won't be able to watch???