Thread: Planning Big Trip Opening Weekend

Veteran

Planning Big Trip Opening Weekend

This season opener presents a rare opportunity for my girlfriend and I to see the Giants and Jets in one weekend in NYC (without playing each other because that is no fun). We live in upstate NY, would drive down on Saturday and stay until Tuesday morning. It would be an amazing weekend, but does anyone have any tips for pulling it off? We of course do not have season tickets so we would probably have to rely on stubhub. Does anyone know of any cheaper way to go about getting tickets? And does anyone have any ideas on how expensive tickets will be? I am hoping not too insane but they could be since they are both the first games in the new stadium and the Jets are in primetime. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=nyjet80;3529071]This season opener presents a rare opportunity for my girlfriend and I to see the Giants and Jets in one weekend in NYC (without playing each other because that is no fun). We live in upstate NY, would drive down on Saturday and stay until Tuesday morning. It would be an amazing weekend, but does anyone have any tips for pulling it off? We of course do not have season tickets so we would probably have to rely on stubhub. Does anyone know of any cheaper way to go about getting tickets? And does anyone have any ideas on how expensive tickets will be? I am hoping not too insane but they could be since they are both the first games in the new stadium and the Jets are in primetime. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

try the ticket exchange site that ticketmaster runs. Stay in the city, see a Broadway show and have a nice dinner on Saturday and take the train to both games.

All Pro
    2 tickets to each of those games is going to set you back a grand total of at least 600

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sg3;3529101]try the ticket exchange site that ticketmaster runs. Stay in the city, see a Broadway show and have a nice dinner on Saturday and take the train to both games.[/QUOTE]

the exchange site is ridiculous. they should only allow a small mark up. Instead you constantly see tickets at twice the face value.

Veteran
    If tickets for the games (decent to good seats) could be had for around $200 a piece I could deal with that. We will have lots of wedding money sitting around, what better way to spend it :).