Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sanch before they clamped him up...

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3529144]I wish we could get Chansi Stuckey back. He was a great find in the 7th and his talent is going to waste in Cleveland.[/QUOTE]

Definitely.

Man why can't the season start already? It's friggin torture :(

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Slikmojet;3529183]Don't count Woodhead out of the race, that little sucker will be working primarily as a slot receiver, he knows the offense and you know him and Mark have already established some chemistry. I wouldn't count that sucker out, plus he can also line up as a RB. A slot guy has to be quicker than fast, Woody's both. People talk about our lack of depth but we have hit big with UDFA's recently, there's some depth there and I look forward to some of these guys stepping up.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly; I think Woodhead is a favorite of the CS as well. Still, I would not be surprised to see us pick up a veteran receiver to compete with Woodhead and Clowney.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Slikmojet;3529183]Don't count Woodhead out of the race, that little sucker will be working primarily as a slot receiver, he knows the offense and you know him and Mark have already established some chemistry. I wouldn't count that sucker out, plus he can also line up as a RB. A slot guy has to be quicker than fast, Woody's both. People talk about our lack of depth but we have hit big with UDFA's recently, there's some depth there and I look forward to some of these guys stepping up.[/QUOTE]

What is it with all this Woodscrub crap?. Can we please set our sights higher than this. Just count this sucker out, please.
    Woodscrub is NOT a slot WR. NOT an NFL RB. This is not the Water Boy movie.
    I can't believe anybody really thinks WOODSCRUB can help our team win a SB. It just blows my mind how anyone thinks this guy is any good. Please don't give me the Rex must think he's good garbage. I love Rex as our coach but he's dead wrong on this one.
    No, I'm not an NFL coach or scout but I have two eyes. I have NOT seen one thing from WOODSCRUB that makes me think he's an NFL player.
    In fact, he makes our team worse by takin a roster spot away from a real NFL player.:steamin:

All Pro
    Mark's feel for the pocket was amazing, didn't seem as mobile in the later games. This game was before teams had tape on him. It's incredible how little he was asked to do after we had that string of losses.

I really miss Stuckey. He would be perfect for the slot. It was a great trade to get Braylon but watching this really makes you realize that we need another option even in addition to LT coming out of the backfield now.

All League
    [QUOTE=jetsonly;3529407]What is it with all this Woodscrub crap?. Can we please set our sights higher than this. Just count this sucker out, please.
    I can't believe anybody really thinks WOODSCRUB can help our team win a SB. It just blows my mind how anyone thinks this guy is any good. Please don't give me the Rex must think he's good garbage. I love Rex as our coach but he's dead wrong on this one.
    No, I'm not an NFL coach or scout but I have two eyes. I have NOT seen one thing from WOODSCRUB that makes me think he's an NFL player.
    In fact, he makes our team worse by takin a roster spot away from a real NFL player.:steamin:[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for this post

All League
    [QUOTE=jetsonly;3529407]What is it with all this Woodscrub crap?. Can we please set our sights higher than this. Just count this sucker out, please.
    In fact, he makes our team worse by takin a roster spot away from a real NFL player.:steamin:[/QUOTE]
    people thought the same about chrebet when training camp started. look how that turned out.

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3529314]Bengals just signed Antonio Bryant to a 4 year deal to play opposite of Chad Johnson. They have Caldwell in the slot, and also signed Matt Jones , I don't think the Bengals take a WR at all.[/QUOTE]

And don't forget that Ravens got Boldin, doubtful either goes WR in Rd 1.

All League
    [QUOTE=mavericknyc1980;3529307]Draft D Thomas and move jco to the slot.[/QUOTE]

Draft Tate, and him and JCo would be interchangable..:yes:

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Zombo;3529656]people thought the same about chrebet when training camp started. look how that turned out.[/QUOTE]

The next Chrebet? NOT. Sorry man, keep dreaming. This is to fn funny.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Zombo;3529656]people thought the same about chrebet when training camp started. look how that turned out.[/QUOTE]

He's not Chrebet.

Veteran
    I counted over 10 times Sanchez put the ball in interception opportunities. You can't say they locked him up. They taught him how to read and play with NFL defenses. 3 weeks later, Darren Sharper ate him for lunch. 12 weeks after that, he's winning a game to get the team into the playoffs. 3 weeks after that, they're in the AFC championship. The mobility will come back, he's young. I'm sure he wasn't as confident the first time he took the healm at USC either. I'm no Shotty fan, but the kid like any other rookie needed to calm down before he took matters into his own hands. Now he can try a little more freedom.
    Last edited by BleedGreen314; 03-17-2010 at 02:14 PM.

Mark was playing with an injured knee for most of the season.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Chupa;3529881]Mark was playing with an injured knee for most of the season.[/QUOTE]

That too

There were two things that I think happened after the early success. First was that I think he was given a little too much of the playbook after the initial success. And second I think he may have gotten a little cocky. Not a bad thing, but I think he started forcing throws because the initial success made it seem easy. When he got hancuffed down the stretch he had a limited playbook to work with and got back on track. He has all the skills no doubt, and should be solid from the start in 2010....hopefully

All League
    [QUOTE=jetsonly;3529811]The next Chrebet? NOT. Sorry man, keep dreaming. This is to fn funny.[/QUOTE]
    i never said he would be chrebet. you are dismissing him outright, and i'm willing to give him training camp to prove if he's useful. sometimes udfas work out. let the preseason happen before we jump to conclusions is all.

All League
    [QUOTE=BleedGreen314;3529869]He's not Chrebet.[/QUOTE]
    all i'm saying is fans made the mistake of discounting chrebet when he was signed on. look how that turned out. maybe woodhead is a useless scrub with no use for the jets. maybe he works out. i don't think we know that in march. all we know about him is he's a 4th string rb and they're trying to convert him to wr. if he stinks i'll be the first one to say cut him. just not in march.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Zombo;3530208]all i'm saying is fans made the mistake of discounting chrebet when he was signed on. look how that turned out. maybe woodhead is a useless scrub with no use for the jets. maybe he works out. i don't think we know that in march. all we know about him is he's a 4th string rb and they're trying to convert him to wr. if he stinks i'll be the first one to say cut him. just not in march.[/QUOTE]

Had the Jets been a playoff team at the time Wayne wouldn't have got a shot much like Welker didn't with the Chargers.. Lucky for us he came during the Kotite era..:yes: