Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanch before they clamped him up...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanch before they clamped him up...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNFB-fvvs7M&feature=rec-fresh+div-r-5-HM[/url]

Notice his confidence and poise, also his mobility early on was amazing, hopefully he gets his wheels back, he looks extremely nimble here avoiding the rush almost every down and finding the open man. Notice how much he went to the short game with Leon and Stuckey... he really missed those two, when Braylon came on board the game plan changed and then when we lost Leon, we almost abandoned the short game entirely and went to the run instead. All he needs now is a safe sure handed receiver who can get open short and convert third downs, a Wayne Chrebet type.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Slikmojet;3529127][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNFB-fvvs7M&feature=rec-fresh+div-r-5-HM[/url]

Notice his confidence and poise, also his mobility early on was amazing, hopefully he gets his wheels back, he looks extremely nimble here avoiding the rush almost every down and finding the open man. Notice how much he went to the short game with Leon and Stuckey... he really missed those two, when Braylon came on board the game plan changed and then when we lost Leon, we almost abandoned the short game entirely and went to the run instead. All he needs now is a safe sure handed receiver who can get open short and convert third downs, a Wayne Chrebet type.[/QUOTE]

I'm right with you

Golden Tate at #29

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    that makes me want football bad

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish we could get Chansi Stuckey back. He was a great find in the 7th and his talent is going to waste in Cleveland.
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 03-16-2010 at 11:07 PM. Reason: spelled his name wrong and wrong draft round, d'oh!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3529134]I'm right with you

Golden Tate at #29[/QUOTE]

+1

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3529144]I wish we could get Chancey Stuckey back. He was a great find in the 6th and his talent is going to waste in Cleveland.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, unless we get Golden Tate. Then I will we fine. ;)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Slikmojet;3529127][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNFB-fvvs7M&feature=rec-fresh+div-r-5-HM[/url]

Notice his confidence and poise, also his mobility early on was amazing, hopefully he gets his wheels back, he looks extremely nimble here avoiding the rush almost every down and finding the open man. Notice how much he went to the short game with Leon and Stuckey... he really missed those two, when Braylon came on board the game plan changed and then when we lost Leon, we almost abandoned the short game entirely and went to the run instead. All he needs now is a safe sure handed receiver who can get open short and convert third downs, a Wayne Chrebet type.[/QUOTE]

Watching this video shows me how much Sanchez grew and learned to be a qb in the NFL. Look how many throws he forces in the game. If you watch the tape from the AFC championship game, you see the same confidence and poise that he had against Houston in week 1. He also shows a great pump fake, the deep TD pass to Braylon, and the ability to stand in the pocket and take a hit while delivering a strike on the money.

I believe that the surgery on his knee is a good thing. It allows him to be more mobile next year and keeps him in NJ for the rest of the offseason, allowing him to work with the offensive coaches every day. He is going to have a much better understanding of our playbook and will also know how to read and recongize the other team's defense before the play. If we can find the 2010 verison of Wayne Cherbet then our offense has the potiental to be very good in the near future.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=One Eye;3529150]Agreed, unless we get Golden Tate. Then I will we fine. ;)[/QUOTE]

Sign me up, I'd love that pick

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    two things u notice from this video.. how beast cotchery was early in the year with YAC and how different the offense was when we had a quick reciever like stuckey and leon who we could check down to or do screens.

things we didnt really do later in the season when we lost leon and stuckey was those little screen passes that seemed to be a staple in our offense.

it'll be really good to have leon back and if we can get another quick reciever like stuckey who has reliable hands this offense will be really good..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

What is hard to believe is that Sanchez was a rookie and playing like that. He was awesome.

LT is a very, very reliable receiver out of the backfield. That gives Mark a new weapon. If Woodhead or a draftee comes through in the slot position, we could be on our way to the playoffs and more.....! Braylon must hold on to the ball too. Golden tate would be fine for us. I just think REX is going defense first this year. He wants and needs a pass rusher.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FYtheSG;3529151]Watching this video shows me how much Sanchez grew and learned to be a qb in the NFL. Look how many throws he forces in the game. If you watch the tape from the AFC championship game, you see the same confidence and poise that he had against Houston in week 1. He also shows a great pump fake, the deep TD pass to Braylon, and the ability to stand in the pocket and take a hit while delivering a strike on the money.

I believe that the surgery on his knee is a good thing. It allows him to be more mobile next year and keeps him in NJ for the rest of the offseason, allowing him to work with the offensive coaches every day. He is going to have a much better understanding of our playbook and will also know how to read and recongize the other team's defense before the play. If we can find the 2010 verison of Wayne Cherbet then our offense has the potiental to be very good in the near future.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%.

Including the part about the knee being a blessing in disguise. He gets to sit with coaches a few hours a day, watching film. That is the best thing that could happen to him. If it wasnít for his knee, you know he would be home in California chasing. I know I would.

Silk is right, you can see how talented he is in that video. You can also see how raw he is, and understand the reason they throttled him back. There could have been 4 interceptions. After a few games DCís got some film on him and got his tendencies. Thatís why there was 12 TDís and 20 interceptions.

If he watches enough film. He might be able to reverse that. 20 TDís and 12 interceptions. That would be an excellent goal for him to set.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3529144]I wish we could get Chancey Stuckey back. He was a great find in the 6th and his talent is going to waste in Cleveland.[/QUOTE]

7th round

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't count Woodhead out of the race, that little sucker will be working primarily as a slot receiver, he knows the offense and you know him and Mark have already established some chemistry. I wouldn't count that sucker out, plus he can also line up as a RB. A slot guy has to be quicker than fast, Woody's both. People talk about our lack of depth but we have hit big with UDFA's recently, there's some depth there and I look forward to some of these guys stepping up.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3529134]I'm right with you

Golden Tate at #29[/QUOTE]

I would LOVE to get Tate at #29! After his 40 times at the combine though, I'm afraid he will not make it past both the Bengals at #21 and Baltimore at #25. Draft Munchers have Tate averaging 24.8...Wonder what it would take to trade up 5 spots for Philadelphia's #24?

[url]http://theobr.com/public/mdm/best.asp[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsieThrasher;3529206]I would LOVE to get Tate at #29! After his 40 times at the combine though, I'm afraid he will not make it past both the Bengals at #21 and Baltimore at #25. Draft Munchers have Tate averaging 24.8...Wonder what it would take to trade up 5 spots for Philadelphia's #24?

[url]http://theobr.com/public/mdm/best.asp[/url][/QUOTE]

If the Jets feel he's a difference maker they must have, why not? Tate is a lot like Steve Smith, go for it and he makes Leon expendable since he can return kicks and punts too:yes: The offense is one guy away from being truly explosive.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Slikmojet;3529230]If the Jets feel he's a difference maker they must have, why not? Tate is a lot like Steve Smith, go for it and he makes Leon expendable since he can return kicks and punts too:yes: The offense is one guy away from being truly explosive.[/QUOTE]

The Offense needs Wayne Chrebet back. A similar player to Tate that is slipping fast down the boards after a poor combine is Texas WR Jordan Shipley (also returns kicks). I don't care what his 40 time was, I want him in Green and White playing slot. Reminded me a whole lot of Chrebet when I watched the Texas games- the kid plays with heart, is sneaky quick and has some of the best hands in the draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree Buzzsaw. I watched that tape and the biggest thing I thought of was how much I wish we still had Stuckey.

Mark has great footwork and great instincts. That's what I took away from the Houston game. He threw some beautiful passes too. Wow, can't wait for the season and I really hope Leon stays.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Draft D Thomas and move jco to the slot.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    i miss football soooo much :(

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsieThrasher;3529206]I would LOVE to get Tate at #29! After his 40 times at the combine though, I'm afraid he will not make it past both the Bengals at #21 and Baltimore at #25. Draft Munchers have Tate averaging 24.8...Wonder what it would take to trade up 5 spots for Philadelphia's #24?

[url]http://theobr.com/public/mdm/best.asp[/url][/QUOTE]

Bengals just signed Antonio Bryant to a 4 year deal to play opposite of Chad Johnson. They have Caldwell in the slot, and also signed Matt Jones , I don't think the Bengals take a WR at all.