Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Florida Pro Day

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about Major Wright....40 time or reps?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;3529882]I'm hearing extremely positive stuff. But I'm going to poke around more to make sure this isn't just UF people being homers...[/QUOTE]

The consensus is there is no consensus. I've seen some very good reports and some "meh" reports...the usual with Tebow. I do think everyone can agree though that his motion/footwork was definitely better and this was a big first step in the right direction.

Meyer trusted Nelson more than anyone else on the Gators outside of Tebow. I'm glad he performed well and will be given a chance in the NFL.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JiF;3529872]Any word on how Tebow has looked with his new mechanics? Did the rain affect him at all?[/QUOTE]

better than the Senior Bowl but still a long ways off...completing his passes but receivers are needing to get vertical or reach to the ground for throws...showing little arm strength...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;3529901]What about Major Wright....40 time or reps?[/QUOTE]

did not run...looked medicore in drills..too bad- loved the kid coming out of the '08 season...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got back from pro day about an hour ago...couple of notes...

-Rain was on and off entire time, some players lost footing

-Joe Haden is a physical specimen. Got his 40 down to 4.4 from what I was hearing. The rest of the DBs looked pretty good, Pierre-Louis needs to work on his hands and Wright slipped a few times on the wet field.

-Brandon Spikes looked slow and was being beat on a lot of the drills

-Dunlap looked good out there, but does not look like a defensive end at all.

-Aaron Hernandez was ready today and showed it, ran a good 40, made every catch and definitely looks NFL ready.

-Cooper showed some good hands, could be a mid-late round sleeper, good size.

-Tebow 2.0 was displayed today and from what I saw looked pretty good. Of course it's all about how he plays in game, but from what I saw his delivery is completely different, short and compact. Made accurate throws from all over the field. Tried many different drills including avoidance drills and was very accurate.

A LOT of coaches and scouts were there today. Coaches and GMs I saw included Mike Tomlin, Raheem Morris, Tom Coughlin, Mike Holmgren, and....Eric Mangini. I was lined up front row and towards the end as Mangini was walking by I yelled "Hey Eric! Thanks for Braylon!" he didn't even flinch but he clearly heard me haha.

Also noticed Todd Mckshay out there.

Overall fun day and I thought it was awesome to witness a live pro day.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3529910]did not run...looked medicore in drills..too bad- loved the kid coming out of the '08 season...[/QUOTE]

I can count the times on two hands when he had a sure fire INT and went for the big hit instead. In the right scheme, he'll be a nice player. Otherwise....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BLEEDgreenN'white;3529915]Got back from pro day about an hour ago...couple of notes...

-Rain was on and off entire time, some players lost footing

-Joe Haden is a physical specimen. Got his 40 down to 4.4 from what I was hearing. The rest of the DBs looked pretty good, Pierre-Louis needs to work on his hands and Wright slipped a few times on the wet field.

-Brandon Spikes looked slow and was being beat on a lot of the drills

-Dunlap looked good out there, but does not look like a defensive end at all.

-Aaron Hernandez was ready today and showed it, ran a good 40, made every catch and definitely looks NFL ready.

-Cooper showed some good hands, could be a mid-late round sleeper, good size.

-Tebow 2.0 was displayed today and from what I saw looked pretty good. Of course it's all about how he plays in game, but from what I saw his delivery is completely different, short and compact. Made accurate throws from all over the field. Tried many different drills including avoidance drills and was very accurate.

A LOT of coaches and scouts were there today. Coaches and GMs I saw included Mike Tomlin, Raheem Morris, Tom Coughlin, Mike Holmgren, and....Eric Mangini. I was lined up front row and towards the end as Mangini was walking by I yelled "Hey Eric! Thanks for Braylon!" he didn't even flinch but he clearly heard me haha.

Also noticed Todd Mckshay out there.

Overall fun day and I thought it was awesome to witness a live pro day.[/QUOTE]

Good stuff...

Even Haden's 40 time seems to be debated.

Spring Ball for UF starts today too...you might hear an official announcement on Meyer's status today?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;3529926]Good stuff...

Even Haden's 40 time seems to be debated.

Spring Ball for UF starts today too...you might hear an official announcement on Meyer's status today?[/QUOTE]

Meyer was out there talking to everybody.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BLEEDgreenN'white;3529931]Meyer was out there talking to everybody.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know that, I'm just hoping for an official announcement that he's back as UF's football coach. Addazio has proven to be a helluva coach for UF but UF needs Meyer back for both recruitment and for the transition that is about to begin.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BLEEDgreenN'white;3529915]Mangini was walking by I yelled "Hey Eric! Thanks for Braylon!" he didn't even flinch but he clearly heard me haha.
    [/QUOTE]

he probably thought hey yeah... thanks for Trusnik.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;3529959]Yeah I know that, I'm just hoping for an official announcement that he's back as UF's football coach. Addazio has proven to be a helluva coach for UF but UF needs Meyer back for both recruitment and for the transition that is about to begin.[/QUOTE]

I thought he made it official that he's going to be back? He was just taking it easy these last few months but will be there for the beginning of spring is what I thought was going to happen.

Oh and I won't be surprised at all if Joe Haden is taken by the Browns. After his great workout, lots of scouts including their coach and GM present, and a lengthy conversation between him and Holmgren I saw right in front of me, I wouldn't be suprised at all.
    Last edited by BleedGnW; 03-17-2010 at 04:22 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3530017]he probably thought hey yeah... thanks for Trusnik.[/QUOTE]

Now that i've thought about it, I should've yelled something like "we'll trade you gholston for your 1st rounder!" He would've liked that.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BLEEDgreenN'white;3530041]Now that i've thought about it, I should've yelled something like "we'll trade you gholston for your 1st rounder!" He would've liked that.[/QUOTE]

was he waddling around or did he at least look like he's lost the man boobs???

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3530215]was he waddling around or did he at least look like he's lost the man boobs???[/QUOTE]

Any scouts you talk to have concern over Haden's huge jump in skill after moving to solely guarding the short-side of the field his JR. year?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;3530230]Any scouts you talk to have concern over Haden's huge jump in skill after moving to solely guarding the short-side of the field his JR. year?[/QUOTE]

no- basically because his mechanics/fundamentals/ball skills are top notch...he's not a good athlete on the field who makes up for mistakes with recovery speed as so often happens on the college level...despite an absence of elite speed he's a very good CB...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3530215]was he waddling around or did he at least look like he's lost the man boobs???[/QUOTE]

No! He actually looked like he put on MORE weight. He's fatter than i've ever seen him. Could this mean good fortune for cleveland?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BLEEDgreenN'white;3530261]No! He actually looked like he put on MORE weight. He's fatter than i've ever seen him. Could this mean good fortune for cleveland?[/QUOTE]

not if you talk to Browns fans....they claimed when Mangini arrived he looked emaciated compared to crennell....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3530264]not if you talk to Browns fans....they claimed when Mangini arrived he looked emaciated compared to crennell....[/QUOTE]

Ha well browns fans better hope he hits the treadmills, fast. I also never realized how tall Holmgren was. Overshadowed the fat man by a good foot.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't mind Carlos Dunlap being the future replacment of Ellis.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3530461]I really don't mind Carlos Dunlap being the future replacment of Ellis.[/QUOTE]

Atta boy