Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IF Raiders offered their 5th rounder for Gholston

IF Raiders offered their 5th rounder for Gholston

If you were Mike Tannbaum would you take that. Al Davis for years been trying to get K wimbley. He frinally got him this year. Three years ago it was either D Mcfadden or Vernon Gholston(for the Raiders) in the draft. The Point Al Davis will always roll the dice on a player he liked coming out. For a fifth, I could see him bringing in another young Dlineman.

A 5th!?

I'd take a 7th.

A 5th would have us dancing in the streets.

Waterboy
    I think they would take a large pizza for him. :yes:

Banned
    I'd take a pack of Juicy Fruit and a bag of dog crap for Gholston.

6 days a week and twice on Sunday.

To clear the salary, $15 million +.

To clear the roster of his worthless play, priceless.
    Last edited by vinluvr; 03-17-2010 at 08:10 AM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Even Al Davis is not that dumb.

first off Gholston is still guarunteed money from his rookie deal, whether he's on the Jets, Raiders or out of football completely. So that means he's a Jets player for 2010 period.

secondly there's nothing smart about buying high and selling low

they have to see what he has this year

the Jets might accept a Gholston for DMC trade... both have been dissapointing

... i'd take a black eye & bloody lip if idiot al took gholston ...

l_j_r

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    More Gholston threads!

More, more , more.

[QUOTE=bitonti;3529465]

the Jets might accept a Gholston for DMC trade... both have been dissapointing[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me? Id do backflips for that. DMC >>>> Gholston

Hall Of Fame
    even al davis wouldn't take " the ghost " .
    i would GIVE THEM ( or anyone else ) a 3rd rounder just to take the ghost/his contract.
    to clear his salary off OUR salary cap would be more than worth it.
    gholston is a pos.

oh well ,
    cheers ~ ~
    :rockon:

[QUOTE=bitonti;3529465]first off Gholston is still guarunteed money from his rookie deal, whether he's on the Jets, Raiders or out of football completely. So that means he's a Jets player for 2010 period.

secondly there's nothing smart about buying high and selling low

they have to see what he has this year

the Jets might accept a Gholston for DMC trade... both have been dissapointing[/QUOTE]

With uncapped year, Jets might just eat Gholston salary and find A Olb that fits there need better. (they might cut him before the season anyway) ' If this was capped year, than Jets couldn't move Gholston without killing their cap.

Raiders would never make a DMc for Gholston trade BIt. Simple because DMC at his worse solves Raiders search for a slot receiver. Some think Raiders should make Mcfadden a fulltime Wr. (Schilens and Murphy outside, with Mcfadden in the slot)

Gholston makes sense for Raiders. Jets paid him all of his signing bonus. Raiders get another young interchangeable LB/DE (K Wimbley, T Scott) to help M waulfe get the most production out of his pass rush.(See J tuck as you never have enough pass rushers)

All Pro
    [QUOTE]Some think Raiders should make Mcfadden a fulltime Wr. [/QUOTE]
    This is absurd.

[QUOTE]they have to see what he has this year[/QUOTE]
    I think they know what he has. And its absolutely nothing.

[QUOTE=Raider9175;3529497]Some think Raiders should make Mcfadden a fulltime Wr.[/QUOTE]

:eek:

And that is what makes Raiders fans, Raiders fans. No disrespect to you.

Seriously, WTF?

Hall Of Fame
    hey - didn't you disappear right around the time we SHUTOUT the Raiders a few months back? That must have been horrible for you. :D

I bet if they offered Rex a tuna on white toast, he would take it and run

[QUOTE=JetsFanInSec230;3529504]:eek:

And that is what makes Raiders fans, Raiders fans. No disrespect to you.

Seriously, WTF?[/QUOTE]

No disrepect but Mcfadden can play WR fulltime at a very high level(prolevel) without a doubt. He shown that ability when hes been given oppurtunity. (he can run legitimate pass patterns) Raiders aren't given up on Mcfadden at RB just yet. Raiders have to upgrade the Oline and are switching to a more powerful zone blocking scheme to fit Mcfadden talents better. Also a RB is only as good as the oline in front of him. If he dosen't make it as a RB, he will be a very very good Wr in this league. Again IF the stanford RB falls to Raiders third round choice. We might just see Mcfadden become the Raiders part time Rb / fulltime slot reciever.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 03-17-2010 at 09:47 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    if Rex gave up on him and the Jets released him, they'd be on the hook for the rest of his bonus with NOTHING to show for it. It's all a smoke-and-mirrors-show! If other teams honestly believe that Rex sees "something" in Gholston, then he may still have some value...somewhere. As for reality, he DIDN'T perform at all in Rex's defense where pass-rushers flourish, he really isn't cut out to be a New York Jet.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;3529440]If you were Mike Tannbaum would you take that. Al Davis for years been trying to get K wimbley. He frinally got him this year. Three years ago it was either D Mcfadden or Vernon Gholston(for the Raiders) in the draft. The Point Al Davis will always roll the dice on a player he liked coming out. For a fifth, I could see him bringing in another young Dlineman.[/QUOTE]

Al Davis is an "AFL Guy" through, and through. I wasn't alive for the birth of the AFL, but it was able to flourish as a League mainly due to the fact that it was a more "exciting" League than the conservative NFL. The AFL's strength was offense. Al's still living that philosophy, in a time where even the avid football fan knows "defense wins championships"...or has heard it a million times. Al's about offense. If he cared as much about defense, Rob Ryan would still be there building a vicious defense like the one's Rex has.

Rookie
    I sense a 'What would you trade Gholston for?' tread comming...

I would trade a kick in the nuts, my best friend puttin' the wood to my sister, and giving the U.S. olympic hockey team the gold medal....ok maybe not that last one....for Gholston...

I wanted to believe he was going to be a game changer...the biggest waste of money in pro sports IMO....how does that guy look in the mirror:steamin: