Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Predict Our Opening Night and Thanksgiving Night Opponents

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3529630]Detroit is always the early game and they host it. Our game is at night on NFL Network. You can change your Thanksgiving pick now.[/QUOTE]

Just figured since we have one TG day team and they are already a confirmed opponent we had to play them. I didn't know we had the late game.

In the new light, I choose...

Opening-Miami
    TG-Baltimore

Thanks for the Mulligan.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=truti;3529637]opening night will be the pats* as always[/QUOTE]

Always?

Might want to check that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3529651]Always?

Might want to check that.[/QUOTE]

I meant home opening in my post, sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

2009 - Week 2: vs. New England Patriots
    2008 - Week 2: vs. New England Patriots
    2007 - Week 1: vs. New England Patriots
    2006 - Week 2: vs. New England Patriots

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Opener will be Miami. Just too many classics there.

Thanksgiving Will be Cincy.

I say this as This as Time Warner is also big in the Cincy area and still does not have the NFL Network. It allows them to put pressure on TW as they advertise future games and the Network all night long, and they get the game on a local broadcast channel to get their ratings up. Oh, and it's a playoff rematch too.

I say one NE game goes NBC the other CBS (home)

I think the GB game or Minny game may also go NBC/ESPN. Fox will keep the other.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buffalo Monday
    Vikes Thankgiving

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    SCREW THIS THANKSGIVING GAME!!!!! GREAT WAY TO GET THE FENCE SITTERS TO BUY PSL'S... 7 GAMES FOR THE PRICE OF 10!!!!!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Monday Night Opener: [U]New England Patriots[/U]

Last year, the Monday nighter featured the Patriots to get Tom Brady and Randy Moss some airtime with TO in the mix making his debut for the Bills. Sort of the same this year. Brady, Moss come to arch rival New York to shut up Rex Ryan with LT making his debut for the Jets. Will definitely be two East coast teams since there's a second game from two West coast teams a few hours later. Could be Baltimore because of the Rex factor, but I'm going Patriots as they're a huge national draw which is important as the lead-in for the West coast game.

Thanksgiving Night: [U]Minnesota Vikings[/U]

Last year, the NFL Network Thanksgiving game was an AFC/NFC matchup. Since the playoffs start coming into play by November its important for the game to mean something to the most teams possible as the audience is most definitely footballed-out by watching so many games in a single, fattening day. Green Bay is out as they played Thanksgiving last year. It's the first NFL Network game of the year.....the league wants the juciest game possible there against an NFC opponent......Vikings are a no brainer. Favre, Peterson, Sanchez, Revis, Tomlinson. Lots of star power there. "Battle of the Championship Game losers" or "Return of Favre to New York" or "Tomlinson Against The Team He Shunned" storyline. It's a lock.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 03-17-2010 at 04:21 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll give it a shot...

Miami for the MNF opener and Cincy for the TG game.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cincy Opening Night...could bring in the Ocho Cinco Revis story line again

Thanksgiving....Packers or Vikings depends on Favre

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Opener: Patriots

Thanksgiving: Steelers

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfanmack;3529537]Opening Night: Packers (Vikes would be a lock if Farve had already decided to return)
    Thanksgiving Night: Texans[/QUOTE]

Could the Ravens play on Thanksgiving this season?
    There is a chance that the Ravens could play on Thanksgiving for the first time in team history.

The reason: the New York Jets have agreed to host the Thanksgiving night game, according to the New York Daily News.

If the report is accurate, the Ravens would have a one-in-seven shot (about 14 percent) in playing the Jets on Thanksgiving night (kickoff is set for 8:20 p.m.) The Jets' home opponents this year are: the Ravens, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, Cincinnati Bengals, Houston Texans, Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings.

Because the Jets would host a Thanksgiving night game, that would mean the Patriots would play at the Detroit Lions (which means seven teams could play at the Jets). The Lions and Dallas Cowboys alternate hosting an AFC team on Thanksgiving. This is the Lions’ year to host an AFC team, and the only two AFC teams schedule to play in Detroit this season are the Jets and Patriots.

A Ravens official said the NFL hasn't given the team any indication whether the team would play on Thanksgiving. An announcement could be made at next week's NFL owners meetings in Orlando, Fla.

For the latest Ravens news, follow Jamison Hensley on Twitter. Also, become a fan of Baltimore Sun Sports on Facebook.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3529550]Opening Game: Baltimore Ravens @ New York Jets
    Thanksgiving: Green Bay Packers @ New York Jets[/QUOTE]

:yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Opening Night: Pats

Thanksgiving: Ravens

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B]Week 1 MNF:[/B] [I]New England[/I] -- There was a rumor floating around on this very board less than two months ago that Pats/Jets was put in for a MNF game in 2010, and in the 3 recent years that they've done the double header on MNF for Week 1, all 6 games have been divisional games, meaning this game, if you believe that trend will continue, has to be New England or Miami. Buffalo will not get picked for Week 1, zero national draw. Only reason they got it last year was thanks to Terrell Owens.

[B]Thanksgiving Night:[/B] [I]Green Bay[/I] -- Giants/Broncos was out of division last year, so I'm just guessing that this year it will be the Jets vs. Green Bay or Minnesota. With the uncertainty of Favre's return, I think Green Bay with it's national exposure and Aaron Rodgers, another young QB gem like Sanchez, get the nod. BTW, don't forget the 2009 NFL DPOY debate with Charles Woodson and Darrelle Revis.

-- I am hoping it is New England and Miami, or Miami and Baltimore, but I just don't see it happening. I think Baltimore or Miami could be a 3rd night game for the Jets at home, but not both. I'm predicting 4 night games for the Jets in 2010, the two mentioned above, one more at home against BAL or MIA, and a road game (Pittsburgh or Miami).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Opening Night: Ravens @ NYJ

Thanksgiving: Vikings @ NYJ

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Mr. Favre comes back then we certainly will face the Vikings either Week 1 or on Thanksgiving.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Equilibrium;3530136]Opener: Patriots

Thanksgiving: Steelers[/QUOTE]

Jets play in Pittsburgh in 2010, and Jets are hosting the Thanksgiving Night Game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=vray;3530189]If Mr. Favre comes back then we certainly will face the Vikings either Week 1 or on Thanksgiving.[/QUOTE]

The league will have to take a leap of faith if they are going to schedule Jets vs. Vikes on National TV.

Schedules come out in April, and will not be adjusted save for flex weeks on SNF. No way Favre makes his "decision" by next month.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MCBNY;3530191]The league will have to take a leap of faith if they are going to schedule Jets vs. Vikes on National TV.

Schedules come out in April, and will not be adjusted save for flex weeks on SNF. No way Favre makes his "decision" by next month.[/QUOTE]

Good point.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MCBNY;3530191]The league will have to take a leap of faith if they are going to schedule Jets vs. Vikes on National TV.

Schedules come out in April, and will not be adjusted save for flex weeks on SNF. No way Favre makes his "decision" by next month.[/QUOTE]

Which is why I heavily expect to see Jets vs Vikings scheduled between Weeks 11-15, or Week 17, if it isn't already given a SNF or MNF slot to begin with. It is going to be a flexible game.