Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins Sign Unknown Player

Hall Of Fame

Dolphins Sign Unknown Player

[B]Source: Dolphins, Incognito Have Deal[/B]

[QUOTE]In a continued effort to strengthen its offensive line, the Miami Dolphins on Wednesday reached agreement on a one-year contract with temperamental guard Richie Incognito, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The 26-year-old Incognito, a five-year veteran, spent his entire career with St. Louis after being drafted in the third round in 2005, but his tenure ended late last season following his second benching of the season by the Rams.

In a 40-point December loss to the Titans, Incognito drew two personal foul penalties for head-butting opponents, was benched by coach Steve Spagnuolo and watched the second half from the bench with a poncho over his head.

Incognito, who was named the dirtiest player in the NFL earlier in 2009 by The Sporting News, was later fined $50,000 by the NFL for the head butts.

Two days after the loss to Tennessee, Incognito was waived by the Rams and then claimed by the Bills the following day. He started the final three games for Buffalo.

In 2008, Incognito criticized the Rams' dwindling fan base in 2008, made an obscene gesture to a TV cameraman during practice and encouraged hecklers by cupping his hands to his ears while leaving the field after a loss.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5002565[/url]

:D

Jets Insider VIP
    perfect fit for the Phags.... been already kicked off too NFL teams

Guy Incognito.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ3P8KTz8KI[/url]

Isn't this the dude Kawika Mitchell ripped into on Twitter after the Bills signed him? LOL.

Poor little Fishies...can't make quite the splash the Jets did in trades in FA. Damn! I can't wait for the Jets to redeem themselves against that vanilla team. They won't get 4 picks from of a first year QB next time.

Didn't he headbutt somebody last year?

[QUOTE=Greaser;3529629]Poor little Fishies...can't make quite the splash the Jets did in trades in FA. Damn! I can't wait for the Jets to redeem themselves against that vanilla team. They won't get 4 picks from of a first year QB next time.[/QUOTE]

You actually think Antonio Cromartie is a good player? Whatever. Different argument for a different topic. Also, Sanchez, aside from choking inside the redzone at the end of the second game, played flawlessly against us, so I'm not sure what the four picks is a reference to.

It's a low risk move. The guy's problem is not football. He got kicked off the Rams for arguing with his coaches. One year deal too. He'll probably get a shot to compete for a starting job. Even if he doesn't start, we rotate our linemen in and out so frequently, he'll be playing at some point.

Nice signing for depth, guys a nutcase though.

This is the guy Bart Scott DESTROYED on one of the first plays of the preseason against the Rams right?

[QUOTE=Johnny Drama;3529692]Nice signing for depth, guys a nutcase though.

This is the guy Bart Scott DESTROYED on one of the first plays of the preseason against the Rams right?[/QUOTE]

Correct

Sounds like a real prick who could add some more fuel to our rivalry with them.

Jets Insider VIP
    like I said

a guy who has pissed in the well of two teams already should be perfect for providing clean fresh drinking water for the Phags

[QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3529687]You actually think Antonio Cromartie is a good player? Whatever. Different argument for a different topic. Also, Sanchez, aside from choking inside the redzone at the end of the second game, played flawlessly against us, so I'm not sure what the four picks is a reference to.

It's a low risk move. The guy's problem is not football. He got kicked off the Rams for arguing with his coaches. One year deal too. He'll probably get a shot to compete for a starting job. Even if he doesn't start, we rotate our linemen in and out so frequently, he'll be playing at some point.[/QUOTE]

Yep, you're correct. I'll man up when its due. Sanchez threw zero interceptions against the Fish.
    Still ready for some retribution though, should be the the the biggest story in the AFCE.

To answer your first question, yes, I think Cromartie is a good CB and we (Jets) should have the best CB tandem in the league now.

[QUOTE=Greaser;3529715]Yep, you're correct. I'll man up when its due. Sanchez threw zero interceptions against the Fish.
    Still ready for some retribution though,[B] should be the the the biggest story in the AFCE.[/B]

To answer your first question, yes, I think Cromartie is a good CB and we (Jets) should have the best CB tandem in the league now.[/QUOTE]

Why do you think the battle for second place will be the biggest story of the AFCE? Doesn't make sense to me.

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3529720]Why do you think the battle for second place will be the biggest story of the AFCE? Doesn't make sense to me.[/QUOTE]

HA! good one

I see where you're going and I won't be drawn in. Plenty of threads on where Pasts* are headed already. ;)

All League
    Bill Parcells on Building Dolphins Roster: 'I Don't Want Thugs and Hoodlums on the Team':rolleyes:

[url]http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2007/12/27/bill-parcells-on-building-dolphins-roster-i-dont-want-thugs-a/1[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    great thread title.

bravo.

:clapper:

Dolphins Sign Unknown Player

lol, i get jokes...

[QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3529687]It's a low risk move. The guy's problem is not football. He got kicked off the Rams for arguing with his coaches. One year deal too. He'll probably get a shot to compete for a starting job. Even if he doesn't start, we rotate our linemen in and out so frequently, he'll be playing at some point.[/QUOTE]

yup. he's not a bad player, at all.

good move by the 'Phags.

Jets Insider VIP
    ummmm.... stay classy, Miami?

:D

This guys has got one time to make waves and Parcells will boot him. Tuna has a knack for dealing with head-jobs though; he did a great job with Cox during his tenure with the Jets.