Thread: Shonn Greene: TD celebration was "no disrespect to L.T."

All League

Shonn Greene: TD celebration was "no disrespect to L.T."

per PFT

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/17/shonn-greene-td-celebration-was-no-disrespect-to-lt/[/url]
    [QUOTE]
    [B]Shonn Greene: TD celebration was "no disrespect to L.T."[/B]

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 17, 2010 10:58 AM ET

Jets running back Shonn Greene mimicked the touchdown celebration of his new teammate, LaDainian Tomlinson, during a playoff game in San Diego.

But Greene says he was just trying to get back at Chargers fans who were talking trash, not take a shot at Tomlinson.

"Before the game, warming up by the end zone, a lot of fans were talking trash," Greene told the New York Daily News. "When I scored, I realized it was the same end zone, so it was to the fans. It was all in fun, no disrespect to L.T."

Tomlinson says he has no hard feelings toward Greene and that he's hoping to show him the right way to celebrate a touchdown.[/QUOTE]

hahah i forgot he did that! that's too funny, now that LT is on the team.

wasn't it cromartie that gave him a forearm to the head after he was in the endzone? if so, this gets weirder and weirder...

Greene shouldn't have to explain himself ... this is competition. It's [I]fun[/I] competition. I don't care who the player is -- T.O., OchoCinco, L.T. -- whatever your reputation ... when you celebrate a touchdown, it's a form of talking trash. No harm in it ... but nobody (player, team, fans) ought to be mad about it if it's mimicked.
    If Chargers fans are going to be mad at Shonn Greene, then they ought to be mad at L.T. as well. If it isn't "right" in one case, it isn't "right" in another. Besides, L.T. isn't going to get upset about something as trivial as that.

All League
    Yeah.

[IMG]http://www.jets134.com/images/greeneflip.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=ozu;3529682]Yeah.

[IMG]http://www.jets134.com/images/greeneflip.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Nice find!

All League
    [QUOTE=JetsMakeMeCry;3529672]wasn't it cromartie that gave him a forearm to the head after he was in the endzone? if so, this gets weirder and weirder...[/QUOTE]

Yea it was~ everything is connected in some way.

[QUOTE=Banks81;3529697]Yea it was~ everything is connected in some way.[/QUOTE]

It seemed like more of a shoulder bump to me.

All League
    [QUOTE=Greaser;3529721]It seemed like more of a shoulder bump to me.[/QUOTE]

I didn't want to be a douche and correct him. We all knew what he meant.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=Banks81;3529803]I didn't want to be a douche and correct him. We all knew what he meant.[/QUOTE]

So are you saying Greaser is a douche? :eek:

I took that more at the fans than an LT anyway. It will be fun watching those 2 tearing up defenses this year!!

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3530033]So are you saying Greaser is a douche? :eek:[/QUOTE]

That'd be a first.

[QUOTE=Banks81;3529803]I didn't want to be a douche and correct him. We all knew what he meant.[/QUOTE]

No douchebaggery intended. Just a big difference between forearm to the head and shoulder tap.
    Last edited by Greaser; 03-19-2010 at 10:56 AM.

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3530054]That'd be a first.[/QUOTE]

This insipid little creature remind you of anyone? Time to let go RI, find someone else to latch onto.

[IMG]http://www.ab.lst.se/upload/Projektwebbar/Informationscentralen/bilder/havstulp06_KF_e.jpg[/IMG]

Definition-
    Barnacle-

A person who attaches themselves to any living being surrounding them as a form of comfort. A barnacle latches on to anyone in sight and does not let go.
    A spot of jizz on skin that dries and becomes crusty, just like a barnacle on a boat