Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BPA... We all seem to agree...

If Greene gets injured and LT is our number one, I would hope our FO would have invested our lower pick besides our 1st and 2nd on another running back, IF we don't resign Leon. Greene is 24 and will be 25 in August. I can see him playing until he is 31.

I would love a defensive player in the 1st round. Faneca is 33. Woody is 32. Moore is 29. D'Brick and Mangold are 26. Maybe investing in OL in round 2 wouldn't be the worst thing, especially if we get the 2nd rounder, if we lose Leon.

All League
    [QUOTE=Mikey Z 6;3529964]we are TRADING UP... for Eric Berry OR Earl Thomas[/QUOTE]

NEEDS
    #2 FB, [B]#3 WR[/B], [B]#6 OL[/B], [B]#2 DE[/B], [B]#2 OLB[/B], #3 ILB, #4 CB, #1 FS

I bolded the more important needs than a FS.

Kerry Rhodes was so suck last year, and or Defense was fine.

All League
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3529968]We're just one injury from David Clowney/Marcus Henry/Aundrae Allison being our #2 WR. Just one injury away from Wayne Hunter starting at OL...

I get what you're saying. But good teams don't stock up on RBs and ignore every other position, even if that happens to be the BPA.

And for the Jets and their scheme, RBs can be found later. The OL is the star of the running game here, not the RBs.

If the Jets really want another RB for insurance, they can find one in the middle rounds. There are a few guys like Gerhart and Hardesty who I think would be good fits here, too.[/QUOTE]

Well said. I don't mind them taking a RB in the Middle rounds at all. My question at the start of this thread is will the Jets ignore a RB at 29 even if they LOVE one?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Yankeejet22;3529979]Well said. I don't mind them taking a RB in the Middle rounds at all. My question at the start of this thread is will the Jets ignore a RB at 29 even if they LOVE one?[/QUOTE]

Take a look at a few mock drafts and take notice at the number of quality players who are available [I]after[/I] 29. It's a pretty impressive list of prospects.

I'd be willing to bet that there will be a handful of players that the Jets really like still on the board at 29.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Yankeejet22;3529960]Just remember though, we're one Shonn Greene injury (God help me no) from LT being our #1 RB. yikes.[/QUOTE]

pff, you make the same case with 3/4 of the teams in the NFL. I mean god forbid we're in a scenario where LaDanian Tomlinson gets relied on with Leon...
    Jackals the lot of you. LT behind our 0-line >> most of the running games in the NFL

[QUOTE=Yankeejet22;3529960]Just remember though, we're one Shonn Greene injury (God help me no) from LT being our #1 RB. yikes.[/QUOTE]

I obviously hope Greene stays healthy all year....but "yikes" is a drastic overstatement.

LT was the starter for a team that went 13-3 (yes i know their passing offense was very good).

Our starter last year was TJ, and we made the playoffs.

Our line is the #1 in football.

If Greene misses a few games....we can absolutely still be successful as a running team with LT and leon.

I hope Greene kills teams for 19 games next year....but we got LT so if we have to go to him, we dont need to panic.

All League
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;3530022]I obviously hope Greene stays healthy all year....but "yikes" is a drastic overstatement.

LT was the starter for a team that went 13-3 (yes i know their passing offense was very good).

Our starter last year was TJ, and we made the playoffs.

Our line is the #1 in football.

If Greene misses a few games....we can absolutely still be successful as a running team with LT and leon.

I hope Greene kills teams for 19 games next year....but we got LT so if we have to go to him, we dont need to panic.[/QUOTE]

I want the Jets to win the Superbowl, so yeah... yikes it is if LT is our #1 back. I hope I'm wrong about him, but he didn't look so good last year.

[QUOTE=Yankeejet22;3530091]I want the Jets to win the Superbowl, so yeah... yikes it is if LT is our #1 back. I hope I'm wrong about him, [B]but he didn't look so good last year.[/B][/QUOTE]

Most backs look worse when you take away their oline and HOF blocking FB. His stats after Neal left are telling.

[QUOTE=Yankeejet22;3529760]But, what if the Jets Draft Board dictates that the Best Player Available in the First round is a Running Back? Do they take him? Or do they trade out of the First Round to acquire a couple of extra picks?

One Scenario that could work [B]if[/B] the jets absolutely love a RB at 29:

S Greene- Starter for next 5 years
    L Tomlinson- 1 year and done
    Leon Washington- Will be with the Jets his whole career (ala Kevin Faulk)
    1st Rounder- Helps out on Special Teams, maybe Kick Returner, [B]then[/B] Replaces Tomlinson in 2011
    Tony Richardson-FB

Watcha think?[/QUOTE]

TRADEOUT AND FILLOUT THE ROSTER

1 CB
    2 WR
    3 DE
    4 OLB
    5 S
    6 RB
    7 CB or TE

[QUOTE=Baddniss;3529805]BPA is an idiotic, outdated concept that (fortunately) our wonderful GM doesnt follow.
    In fact, his recent major moves clearly show that he is just about the most ANTI-BPA general manager in the NFL.

He identifies our specific team needs , and then goes out and trades/signs a player to fill that SPECIFIC hole.

Odds are that we will draft a good pass rushing DL in round #1.[/QUOTE]

... :clapper: ... + 1 ... :clapper: ...

... i still would add a small possibility of OLB ... and even smaller possibility of CB in case the cromartie experiment fails ... if either of those positions have BAP significantly better than DE & DT ...

l_j_r