Thread: Don Banks has us taking...

Don Banks has us taking...

Demaryius Thomas

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...t.3/index.html

and you know what? I like it a lot...

and you know what? I dont...

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    and you know what? I dont...
    +1, I'd much rather Brian Price in that scenario.

Hall Of Fame
    his reasoning is fantastic...

I think this guy's gonna go in the late first, so why not the Jets... brilliant.

call me crazy but 6'3" 220lb receivers who run 4.4's don't grow on trees...

I don't like the pick. I go with Odrick in that scenario.

Pull up an analysis of this guy on walterfootball.com and see what they think of him. They are not the only ones. No way a first rounder. Ultra reach.
    If the Jets take anyone in round 1 it's Golden Tate and that would be stupid also. But makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Pull up an analysis of this guy on walterfootball.com and see what they think of him. They are not the only ones. No way a first rounder. Ultra reach.
    If the Jets take anyone in round 1 it's Golden Tate and that would be stupid also. But makes more sense.
    says he doesn't run routes. that can be taught.

6'3" with 4.4 speed can't be taught

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    call me crazy but 6'3" 220lb receivers who run 4.4's don't grow on trees...
    We already have one on the roster.

Not my first choice, but I would have no problem with that.

All Pro

Thomas could take this offense to another level.

I'd be OK with Price, but not Odrick. Want no part of Odrick. None.

the guy's hands are muffins

gonna be great

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    lol
    Want to do a coin toss to see who's right?

... we are going to draft DE,DT,OLB,CB in round 1 ...

... any of the next 3 guys would have a better chance ...

l_j_r

30 DT Jared Odrick Penn State Sr. 6-5 296 If the Vikings target a cornerback, they've got some good options in Rutgers' Devin McCourty, Florida State's Patrick Robinson and Alabama's Kareem Jackson. But finding someone who can start splitting time with defensive tackle Pat Williams, who turns 37 in 2010, is the issue on the front burner in Minnesota. I mean, other than that question about you-know-who at quarterback.

31 DT Brian Price UCLA Jr. 6-2 300 Price is the type of active interior defensive linemen the Colts usually seek out for their smaller, quicker front, and his stock has risen in some quarters this month as more people get a look at how disruptive he was for the Bruins. Odrick and Price could wind up going back-to-back in some order to the Vikings and Colts, although Florida center Maurkice Pouncey is another logical possibility for Indy if he gets past No. 23 Green Bay.

32 OLB Sean Weatherspoon Missouri Sr. 6-2 245 With outside linebacker Scott Fujita signing with the Browns in free agency, New Orleans' top need is for some youth on either side of middle linebacker Jonathan Vilma. Weatherspoon could go much higher than this, and if so, either TCU's Jerry Hughes or Florida defensive end Carlos Dunlap become players the Saints could target.

+1
    But can he catch??

I know I throw out Mayock a lot around here but Mike Mayock has Thomas as his #2 WR behind Dez Bryant and right above Golden Tate.

If Thomas did not break his foot and ran the reported 4.3 he was running pre-injury than this might not even be a discussion as he could very well be gone by our pick.

Thomas could be a steal at 29. Has tremendous upside. Not saying this is the guy I want but if the Jets grabbed him I would see it from their point of view. Could end up being the best receiver coming out of this draft.

Since he hasn't learned by now it suggests he is stupid? Lazy? Arrogant? A one trick pony - 9 route?

don banks is an idiot.

Haven't you learned anything from the whole Gholston fiasco? I don't think any of us want another player who looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane. If we take someone in the 1st round, he'd better be ready to contribute right away ... like Revis, Mangold, Brick, Keller, and Vilma. Projects can be had in the middle rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by teng View Post
    Haven't you learned anything from the whole Gholston fiasco? I don't think any of us want another player who looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane. If we take someone in the 1st round, he'd better be ready to contribute right away ... like Revis, Mangold, Brick, Keller, and Vilma. Projects can be had in the middle rounds.
    i think many of the bust wrs are guys who have the measurables but can't get open. route running is so underrated when evaluating wrs. that's why a guy like damien williams is valuable, the guy is already considered a great route runner with great hands. what else do wrs do? most routes are not 'go' routes. you win with wrs like cotch who can hold onto the ball with a defender on him.

the jets probably will not take a wr in round 1 for this reason. their pressing needs are not on offense, and they can find an adequate slot guy in a later round.