Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Want Kevin Mawae Back!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3530010]I don't want him back, but I say sign him to a one day contract to let him retire as a Jet.

[/QUOTE]

Methinks that the President Of the NFLPA will be blackballed by every owner considering the labor issue.

SAR I

He wasn't worth it 4 years ago when he was released for his production not worth the headache of him being the clubhouse lawyer... certainly not worth it now.

Bring Mawae back as what?? A Guard? We have a Pro-Bowl Center who is one of the best in the league.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=Ven0m;3530012]Wasn't the reason Mawae left was because he was too much of a locker room lawyer? .....and that was when he was a useful player. Doesn't make sense.[/QUOTE]

The real story is that when Penguini was given the head coaching position of the NY Jets back in 2006 he called Kevin Mawae into his office for a sit down. They were having a conversation & Kevin mentioned that they were both about the same age when Kevin asked Mangini jokingly "What should I call you? Coach, Eric or Mr. Mangini" and Mangini fired back "I don't care what you call me so long as you call me the boss."

It was right then and there Mawae knew to 911 his agent & immediately start the FA shopping process which led him to his new home in Tennessee.

Now I know more than anyone that the NFL is an occupation & not a career for 90% of the players in the league & only that golden 10% gets to call themselves real "career players", but Kevin Mawae is a career player, President of the NFLPA & put himself thru Wharton School of Business most nights & off seasons in order to further himself. He also gave the Jets 110% of himself only to be cast aside by a new HC with a Napoleon complex.

I say bring him back as a back up C along with a spot on the coaching staff.

[B]Please Coach Ryan[/B] - At least take a meeting with Kevin, you may be surprised to find out how useful he can still be to this team. What have you got to lose by just talking to the man?

Worth a shot IMO. :yes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=hatnlvr;3530029]Bring Mawae back as what?? A Guard? We have a Pro-Bowl Center who is one of the best in the league.[/QUOTE]

correction, mangold IS the best in the league. and it's not even close.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3530020]He's a warrior!

He's a class act!

He's a leader!

He's a great lockeroom guy!

He's a terrific mentor for Nick Mangold!

He's TFCP*!

SAR I
    [SIZE="1"]* The Fat Chad Pennington[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

i'm not for it, but it wouldn't kill me to see him back. and i think it's a little harsh to call him the fat chad pennington. mawae definitely accomplished more individual success at his position than chad could ever dream of.

[QUOTE=Megalomaniac;3530040]correction, mangold IS the best in the league. and it's not even close.[/QUOTE]

Not that I disagree with you (because I don't) but I'm trying to keep the trolls at bay :yes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=hatnlvr;3530055]Not that I disagree with you (because I don't) but I'm trying to keep the trolls at bay :yes:[/QUOTE]

:beers:

All Pro
    We've already had some rumbling in the Jet locker room with the departure of TJ. The last person we need in the locker room is the President of the NFLPA.

Marvin Powell anyone?

A great Jet and a good guy, but I'd still have to say NO.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Megalomaniac;3530048]i'm not for it, but it wouldn't kill me to see him back. and i think it's a little harsh to call him the fat chad pennington. mawae definitely accomplished more individual success at his position than chad could ever dream of.[/QUOTE]

I was just being funny because, again, here we go with someone having a crush on an old player instead of thinking about what's best for the team.

Pennington, Mawae, Coles......these players were losers, won nothing in any city they've ever been in. For a team like ours, these types are the last thing we need here.

This isn't the Ex-Jet Home For A Cushy Retirement. We want the Super Bowl, time to act like it.

SAR I

All League
    [QUOTE=Limolady;3529874]IMO Kevin Mawae was the heart & soul of the NY Jets for many years, a 6 time pro-bowler, team leader and now the President of NFLPA.

Cappy T. - Please make him an offer he can't refuse as a back up Center and more importantly an invaluable source of information in what is going to be a nightmare of a season in 2011 with the CBA.

Sign Kevin Mawae & Let Him Retire as A New York Jet.

[URL]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Titans-Mawae-testing-free-agency-?urn=nfl,220772[/URL]

Please Make It Happen. :yes:[/QUOTE]
    what a complete waste he would be. he'd never see the field. there's other teams that he could get more playing time with. mawae had his time here. it's done.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Limolady;3530037]Kevin asked Mangini jokingly "What should I call you? Coach, Eric or Mr. Mangini" and Mangini fired back "I don't care what you call me so long as you call me the boss."[/quote]

So what you're saying, basicly, is that Kevin felt he did not have to respect the new Head Coaches authority? I'm sorry, are you trying to convince us he was right...or that he is a jackass?

The Coach, your age or not, fat doofus or not, IS the boss.

[QUOTE]It was right then and there Mawae knew to 911 his agent & immediately start the FA shopping process which led him to his new home in Tennessee.[/QUOTE]

So not only did Kevin not believe in the standard chain of command, he (not Coach Tub-O-crap) choose to leave the team asap all because the Head Coach dared to make the case that he was the Boss?

Again LL, not making much of a case for your boy here.

[QUOTE]He also gave the Jets 110% of himself only to be cast aside by a new HC with a Napoleon complex.[/QUOTE]

No doubt he gave 110% on the field.

But from your OWN description of events, the only one with a complex appears to be Kevin, a rather obviosu "I don't have to respect the Head Coach's authority" complex, and that has no place on an NFL team, and no place on a Rex Ryan/Jets roster or staff.

All League
    [QUOTE=Limolady;3529965]Neither did Kevin Mawae that was Chris Baker who said "Chad is like an egg back there." And why would we start Mawae in front of Mangold? I mean we hired back Tony Richardson & exactly how much action did he see last season? I say offer Mawae a back up Center/coaching job and again let him retire a NY Jet.[/QUOTE]
    are you seriously comparing mawae and richardson? t-rich was blocking for jones and greene on a regular basis. mawae's not even wanted by the mighty titans, whose o-line isn't exactly a brick wall. of course, mawae was part of the reason their line was shaky.....

All League
    [QUOTE=Limolady;3530037]The real story is that when Penguini was given the head coaching position of the NY Jets back in 2006 he called Kevin Mawae into his office for a sit down. They were having a conversation & Kevin mentioned that they were both about the same age when Kevin asked Mangini jokingly "What should I call you? Coach, Eric or Mr. Mangini" and Mangini fired back "I don't care what you call me so long as you call me the boss."

It was right then and there Mawae knew to 911 his agent & immediately start the FA shopping process which led him to his new home in Tennessee.

Now I know more than anyone that the NFL is an occupation & not a career for 90% of the players in the league & only that golden 10% gets to call themselves real "career players", but Kevin Mawae is a career player, President of the NFLPA & put himself thru Wharton School of Business most nights & off seasons in order to further himself. He also gave the Jets 110% of himself only to be cast aside by a new HC with a Napoleon complex.

I say bring him back as a back up C along with a spot on the coaching staff.

[B]Please Coach Ryan[/B] - At least take a meeting with Kevin, you may be surprised to find out how useful he can still be to this team. What have you got to lose by just talking to the man?

Worth a shot IMO. :yes:[/QUOTE]
    we all know of mangini's issues. he's gone. we know mawae's issues. he's gone too. why bring mawae back. both were bull-headed morons who needed to be shown the door. your love affair with mawae is misguided, but i just hope the jets remember how much mawae sucks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=Zombo;3530090]we all know of mangini's issues. he's gone. we know mawae's issues. he's gone too. why bring mawae back. both were bull-headed morons who needed to be shown the door. your love affair with mawae is misguided, but i just hope the jets remember how much mawae sucks.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I have to agree to disagree when the guy played with a broken hand, sore back and Lord knows how many bumps & bruises. Plus he holds the record of having played in over 183 consecutive games without ever missing a down.

How many players these days are listed as "day to day" for not playing during the season because they have a cold? Are you kidding me? Yeah, you guys are right, having players like that in our locker room really sucks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Limolady;3530132]Sorry I have to agree to disagree when the guy played with a broken hand, sore back and Lord knows how many bumps & bruises. Plus he holds the record of having played in over 183 consecutive games without ever missing a down.

[/QUOTE]

Parcells loves the guy, has already hired several of his ex-Jets, and [I]he's [/I]even passing on Mawae.

It's over. Either lack of ability or politics. Either way, over.

SAR I

[QUOTE=Limolady;3530132]Sorry I have to agree to disagree when the guy played with a broken hand, sore back and Lord knows how many bumps & bruises. Plus he holds the record of having played in over 183 consecutive games without ever missing a down.

How many players these days are listed as "day to day" for not playing during the season because they have a cold? Are you kidding me? Yeah, you guys are right, having players like that in our locker room really sucks.[/QUOTE]

Nobody ever questioned Mawae's toughness and production on the field. However, he would provide not one iota of that production for the Jets. He's washed up and would never see the field. The only possible tangible effect of signing Mawae would be for him to divide the locker room with more of his politics, anonymous quotes about teammates, and NFLPA BS that should be left to a conference room. From your previous post, the guy clearly has problems taking orders. Maybe he was a leader on the team 5-10 years ago, but he holds no sway with any of the current players on the roster. He has absolutely no place on this team. This is not a retirement home. Bringing in Joe Klecko would have more of a positive impact then bringing back Mawae and his ego.

[QUOTE=Limolady;3529874]IMO Kevin Mawae was the heart & soul of the NY Jets for many years, a 6 time pro-bowler, team leader and now the President of NFLPA.

Cappy T. - Please make him an offer he can't refuse as a back up Center and more importantly an invaluable source of information in what is going to be a nightmare of a season in 2011 with the CBA.

Sign Kevin Mawae & Let Him Retire as A New York Jet.

[URL]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Titans-Mawae-testing-free-agency-?urn=nfl,220772[/URL]

Please Make It Happen. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Limo, Don't get me wrong. I loved Mawae as a player for the Jets in his time, but I don't want him back. Not for a NY minute. I believe you are thinking with your heart (and hormones maybe) rather than your brain here. Don't think there's much left in Mawae's tank. Makes more sense to bring in a young kid to learn the position while backing up Nick. Plus, Mawae is union leader/clubhouse lawyer type and why would any team elect to bring that bafggage in?

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBa56BSy_K4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBa56BSy_K4[/URL]

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Dcat;3530150] [B]hormones[/B] maybe rather than your brain here. QUOTE]

What's the difference between hormones and Whore moans?? Let me check with Sar..:P