Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Want Kevin Mawae Back!!!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3530150] Makes more sense to bring in a young kid to learn the position while backing up Nick. Plus, Mawae is union leader/clubhouse lawyer type and why would any team elect to bring that bafggage in?[/QUOTE]

Thats it in a nutshell.

There is no argrument or upside to bringing him back here. Tanny will not do it, so it isn't happening anyway.

Let Mawae go play and then retire with the Sentinels if he's so bent on playing in NY again.
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 03-17-2010 at 06:28 PM.

All League
    [QUOTE=Limolady;3530132]Sorry I have to agree to disagree when the guy played with a broken hand, sore back and Lord knows how many bumps & bruises. Plus he holds the record of having played in over 183 consecutive games without ever missing a down.

How many players these days are listed as "day to day" for not playing during the season because they have a cold? Are you kidding me? Yeah, you guys are right, having players like that in our locker room really sucks.[/QUOTE]
    mawae is not a good fit for the jets. i don't think anyone questions that mawae plays 100% all the time. the problem is he's no longer half the player he once was and he has always been a jerk. when he was good his personality didn't matter. now he stinks and his personality just makes him even more unappealing. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=Zombo;3530196]mawae is not a good fit for the jets. i don't think anyone questions that mawae plays 100% all the time. the problem is he's no longer half the player he once was and he has always been a jerk. when he was good his personality didn't matter. now he stinks and his personality just makes him even more unappealing. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Ok if on the field everyone here thinks his NFL playing stock is worthless & could bring nothing to the table even as a serviceable back up, then I digress and leave it to the professionals to play or pass on taking a meeting with him.

And I'm sorry to hear that you found his personality to be unappealing. Did you ever work with him or run into him on the street where he was a jerk to you?

Me personally I ran into him all the time when he was working for the Jets. In fact one of the reasons I ran into him so much is because he was always the first guy to volunteer for every charity event, every Draft party and one of the few players that would sign for everyone at training camp instead of all the POS's players that would run inside and dis all the kids. Kevin Mawae off the field is into religion, tirelessly gives back to his community & the type of family man I think more people should aspire to be like.

With that being said I still think we need a solid back up at Center. It's a long season when you go deep into January.:yes:

[QUOTE=Warfish;3530079]So what you're saying, basicly, is that Kevin felt he did not have to respect the new Head Coaches authority? I'm sorry, are you trying to convince us he was right...or that he is a jackass?

The Coach, your age or not, fat doofus or not, IS the boss.

So not only did Kevin not believe in the standard chain of command, he (not Coach Tub-O-crap) choose to leave the team asap all because the Head Coach dared to make the case that he was the Boss?

Again LL, not making much of a case for your boy here.

No doubt he gave 110% on the field.

But from your OWN description of events, the only one with a complex appears to be Kevin, a rather obviosu "I don't have to respect the Head Coach's authority" complex, and that has no place on an NFL team, and no place on a Rex Ryan/Jets roster or staff.[/QUOTE]

Well said

All League
    ya but he wouldnt sign as a back up, he can still start in this league

Jets Insider VIP
    Hes sooooo done.

Hall Of Fame
    stop

[QUOTE=SAR I;3530074]I was just being funny because, again, here we go with someone having a crush on an old player instead of thinking about what's best for the team.

Pennington, Mawae, Coles......these players were losers, won nothing in any city they've ever been in. For a team like ours, these types are the last thing we need here.
    [B]
    This isn't the Ex-Jet Home For A Cushy Retirement. We want the Super Bowl, time to act like it.[/B]

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Sorry Limo, gotta agree with SAR on this one :eek:

[QUOTE=Limolady;3530361]Kevin Mawae off the field is into religion[/QUOTE]

What religion is he?

All League
    [QUOTE=Limolady;3530361]Ok if on the field everyone here thinks his NFL playing stock is worthless & could bring nothing to the table even as a serviceable back up, then I digress and leave it to the professionals to play or pass on taking a meeting with him.

And I'm sorry to hear that you found his personality to be unappealing. Did you ever work with him or run into him on the street where he was a jerk to you?

Me personally I ran into him all the time when he was working for the Jets. In fact one of the reasons I ran into him so much is because he was always the first guy to volunteer for every charity event, every Draft party and one of the few players that would sign for everyone at training camp instead of all the POS's players that would run inside and dis all the kids. Kevin Mawae off the field is into religion, tirelessly gives back to his community & the type of family man I think more people should aspire to be like.

With that being said I still think we need a solid back up at Center. It's a long season when you go deep into January.:yes:[/QUOTE]
    this is all within football. he is a pain in the butt as a player. he could very well be a wonderful person outside football. i would not doubt it. terrell owens is a model citizen, but as a football player he's a jerk and more headache than his talent is worth, especially at his age. same kind of deal, except mawae is slightly less of a jerk than t.o. and has half the relative talent currently.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=FF2;3531233]What religion is he?[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://listverse.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/nyima3.jpg?w=400&h=300[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Limolady;3530361]Ok if on the field everyone here thinks his NFL playing stock is worthless & could bring nothing to the table even as a serviceable back up, then I digress and leave it to the professionals to play or pass on taking a meeting with him.

With that being said I still think we need a solid back up at Center. It's a long season when you go deep into January.:yes:[/QUOTE]

the last image of kevin mawae i have is him being owned by kris jenkins as he tackled chris johnson in the backfield

[QUOTE=JetsMakeMeCry;3531342]the last image of kevin mawae i have is him being owned by kris jenkins as he tackled chris johnson in the backfield[/QUOTE]

Yup, grabbed him by the head, as I recall, and tossed him like a ragdoll to the side :yes:

this thread makes, like, zero sense.

not only for the reasons stated over and over again, but also for the fact that Mawae is a UFA and the Jets would have to use one of their very few UFA spots under the Final Eight Plan to sign the guy, when we have many more needs that outweigh a mouthy, washed-up player who plays a position that we already have a young Pro Bowl player holding down quite well.

this isn't the time to be throwing sympathy money at Grandpa Kevin. unless he wants to sign a 1 day contract for 1 dollar.

Hall Of Fame
    A center willing to play with bumps and bruises? Is this a joke?

Veteran
    This thread was surprising! :rolleyes:

MAWAE is a ***** ....that's why he won't be back ever.....Do you think Mangold would ever cry about practices the way KM did!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I'm not as big a Mangold fan as many here, but Mawae is more of a pass-blocking captain and that's just not our focus these days. Kevin took some heat here for his vocal nature and chippy play, but those are qualities that got guys like Conrad Dobler in the HOF. I wish him well, but don't sense he's quite ready to sit the pine yet.

Limo, text me ur cell # saturday. The phone caught a beating on Paddy's Day.

All League
    [QUOTE=Limolady;3529965] I mean we hired back Tony Richardson & exactly how much action did he see last season? I say offer Mawae a back up Center/coaching job and again let him retire a NY Jet.[/QUOTE]

richardson is our star fullback and he has played in every game last year.. and as far as mawae goes at this stage of his career he should be content as a backup.... our perception is different than his reality i guess...

[QUOTE=Untouchable;3529996]LOL

Whats up with my post being edited?

Is it blasphemy to speak ill of Kevin Mawae?

No its against the rules to use vulgar statements on the board. Take the week off.[/QUOTE]

Another example of when keeping it real goes wrong....