Thread: mickey shuler jr

mickey shuler jr

reportedly Mickey Shuler ran a 4.6 and had 28 reps.

im liking him as a late round of UDFA binkie

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'm a big fan of UDFA Binkies, nevermind those with ties to my Jets

The 6-4, 251-pound Shuler said he ran in the 4.6s, broad-jumped almost 11 feet, was measured at 37 inches in the vertical jump and bench-pressed 225 pounds 28 times. Those aren't good numbers. They are great numbers.

“Not too shabby,'' joked Shuler, an East Pennsboro High School grad.

“They tested me on everything and I think I tested out pretty well.''
    'I wasn't nervous, just ready. It was my first time to go out and show what I can do.''

Mickey Shuler TE, Penn State [URL="http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/front_office_player_stats.html&player=518"][/URL]NFP Grade: [B]5.4[/B]
    [B]Scouting Report:[/B]
    Mickey Shuler: No. 82, TE, 6-4, 250

A savvy receiver who lacks the burst to get down the seam, Shuler displays good short-area quickness and knows how to work his way into soft spots on all levels of the field. He's a natural plucker who extends his arms well and does a nice job of securing the ball over the middle. But he lacks the type of athleticism to consistently adjust to the ball and struggles making plays away from his frame. He showcases good technique as a blocker and gets his hands inside and angles defenders away from the play. He lacks power on contact. He isn't ever going to be much of a playmaker at the next level and doesn't stand out in any area of the game. But he does all the little things and could end up fighting for a spot as a No. 3 tight end on an NFL roster.

[url]http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/front-office-total-access-stats.html&position=te&startrow=30[/url]

With those numbers and his last name er whole name, I would think he gets drafted.

To this day we struggle to replace his Dad. I loved to watch him play. What a tough sonofa *****.