Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cimini: Some stuff on Pool and Rhodes

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3530211]Saw Rhodes on TMZ on Monday night. He's apparently hitting something other than opposing players:

[IMG]http://broccolicity.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/ad2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://cdn.idontlikeyouinthatway.com//pictures/20090131/aubrey%20o%20day%20playboy%20leak/t/aubrey_leakthumb.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.pinaycelebrities.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/aubrey-oday-playboy.jpg[/IMG]

His new girlfriend, Aubrey O'Day. Oh, and in the clip, they were coming out of a restaurant in.....Hollywood :D[/QUOTE]

This is that scanky chick from LA Ink? These pics have a lot of retouching to her face and body. :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3530318]This is that scanky chick from LA Ink? These pics have a lot of retouching to her face and body. :yes:[/QUOTE]

lol hell no that's not her, wrong aubery [IMG]http://www.thoughts.com/Media/Photos2/Arsend/708861306_1249399109.jpg[/IMG]. She is from Danity Kane. Retouching or not :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The part of the article that really stood out to me was the part about Leonhard. Clearly Rhodes did not like the Jets signing him and then giving him the responsibility of running the defense. I think Rhodes will actually play decent next year in a new system where the chip is off his shoulder, but there was a real personality clash between Rhodes and the rest of the team and I guess it had to do with guys going to Leonhard for advice. The week he got benched the only guy who really even bothered with him during the game was Braylon Edwards. I think that spoke volumes about what the team thought of him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sdJETSetter;3530315]+1

Spin job by the agent?:huh:[/QUOTE]

the truth is no one really knows how many concussions any player has

I like Brodney Pool. but I think his chances of getting thru the season intact are about 50/50. the Jets team doctors are notoriously lenient with concussions so they aren't gonna raise red flags about it... but this signing certainly is a risk, and in the end Eric Smith might contribute more to this football team's success.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3530346]the truth is no one really knows how many concussions any player has

I like Brodney Pool. but I think his chances of getting thru the season intact are about 50/50. the Jets team doctors are notoriously lenient with concussions so they aren't gonna raise red flags about it... but this signing certainly is a risk, and in the end Eric Smith might contribute more to this football team's success.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I think the Jets are playing with fire if they go into the season with Pool as the starter. He will play well while he [I]plays[/I]. Considering what the jets got out of the primma donna for most of last year, Pool will be an upgrade. But I fear its a matter of when, not if, he gets hurt.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;3530349]Agreed. I think the Jets are[B] playing with fire if they go into the season with Pool as the starter[/B]. He will play well while he [I]plays[/I]. Considering what the jets got out of the primma donna for most of last year, Pool will be an upgrade. But I fear its a matter of when, not if, he gets hurt.[/QUOTE]
    well it would seem the plan is to start the guy..

we got threw most of last season without the big.. we can deal with poole losing playing time due to concussions..

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Eric Smith is not exactly an Iron Man either, he's always nicked up (and not good when he's healthy anyways).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3530211]

His new girlfriend, Aubrey O'Day. Oh, and in the clip, they were coming out of a restaurant in.....Hollywood :D[/QUOTE]

I hope she likes it up her arse cause I could not see other redeeming qualities in her.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=operaguy;3530303]Great article the guy is a great writer, I don't get why people knock on him for being discerning and occasionally critical, I think its pettiness and jealousy which motivates people to pick on him.[/QUOTE]

So Rich Cimini is operaguy!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3530393]So Rich Cimini is operaguy!!![/QUOTE]
    funny!! :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sdJETSetter;3530218][B]Thought Poole was similar to Rhodes in that he was a good pass defender.:confused:[/B]

Remember alot of posters were saying that at least.....I mean 4 ints sounds like he has good pass coverage skills , unless they were garbage picks, tips, etc.

Wonder who the mystery GM being interviewed was.[/QUOTE]

+1

That GM either doesn't exist or he's the Jets' GM of public relations.

Aubrey O'Day is hot. Plastic, but f*ckable plastic.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;3530184]That's a very good point, these new type of helmets are suppose to lessen the blow of a big hit and help prevent concussions, I am assuming he will be wearing one this year, it can be vital to him not only playing in the NFL, but more importantly his life after the NFL as well.[/QUOTE]

It's all about physics and the transfer of kinetic energy. These new "revolution" helmets significantly lessen the kinetic energy transfered from a big hit to the brain. The brain is sensitive to vibration so keeping the shock wave away from the crown or jaw of the player is essential.

The helmets work but increasing the amount of absorbing plastic to one area of the helmet and reducing it in other parts. Long gone are the days of simply padding a helmet beyond belief and hoping the player is okay. When the helmet is hit from the frontal lobe all the way to the back the helmets crumple zones flex. And with the way the helmet is designed it actually bends the helmet away from the skull. when the helmet is in the process of flexing and bending off of the skull the specially placed deadening material acts as that little rubber piece on most tennis rackets to quickly absorb the vibrations. In the end it's better that the rubber deadening material soaks up the kinetic energy and vibrations instead of that being soaked up by the players brain.

Another way to significantly reduce concussions is a fairly simple one. Shock absorbing mouth guards [IMG]http://legendfight-gear.com/contents/media/shock%20doctor%20power%20gel%20max%20mouth%20guards.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;3530462]It's all about physics and the transfer of kinetic energy. These new "revolution" helmets significantly lessen the kinetic energy transfered from a big hit to the brain. The brain is sensitive to vibration so keeping the shock wave away from the crown or jaw of the player is essential.

The helmets work but increasing the amount of absorbing plastic to one area of the helmet and reducing it in other parts. Long gone are the days of simply padding a helmet beyond belief and hoping the player is okay. When the helmet is hit from the frontal lobe all the way to the back the helmets crumple zones flex. And with the way the helmet is designed it actually bends the helmet away from the skull. when the helmet is in the process of flexing and bending off of the skull the specially placed deadening material acts as that little rubber piece on most tennis rackets to quickly absorb the vibrations. In the end it's better that the rubber deadening material soaks up the kinetic energy and vibrations instead of that being soaked up by the players brain.

Another way to significantly reduce concussions is a fairly simple one. Shock absorbing mouth guards [IMG]http://legendfight-gear.com/contents/media/shock%20doctor%20power%20gel%20max%20mouth%20guards.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]
    very high tech looking mouth guard..

i would be interested to know how well they work..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone notice how most of the new players Woody and Tanny have brought in wear the revolution helmets?

[IMG]http://www.hotstovenewyork.com/images/revis2.jpg[/IMG]
    Revis
    [IMG]http://blog.nj.com/jets_impact/2009/08/large_brick.jpg[/IMG]
    Brick and Keller
    [IMG]http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2006/1128/nfl_w_nmangold_195.jpg[/IMG]
    Mangold
    [IMG]http://cdn.picapp.com/ftp/Images/b/0/c/1/New_York_Jets_d389.jpg?adImageId=1059556&imageId=4704117[/IMG]
    Greene

As it stands now the league DOES NOT require players to be fitted with the revolution style helmets. If the team/player wants to wear them the team must pay for them. Woody has way too much money to see his players go down with concussions ;)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another article written by Cimini days after the Rhodes trade and Pool signing. Just enough time to see what other people have been writing about Pool, and then spinning it in his usual negative nelly way.

This article was better than most, but still terrible. Says something about him. He can't talk X's and O's, only when he regurgitates other people's opinions.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    good luck to rhodes in az. much closer to hollywood. i hope rhodes saves his money because imo he just doesn't have "it". can anyone imagine he would even be part of the espn team? i can't. as for the comments about picking up the defense, you have to wonder if he ever picked up mangini's.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=andrew.derwin;3530579]Red eared slider turtles are semi-aquatic and spend a significant amount of time basking, so need a tank that is large enough to provide both water for swimming and an area where they can get out of the water for basking. Providing appropriate heat and lighting will help keep your turtles healthy and happy.[/QUOTE]

.... I'm so confused :huh:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    From the article:

"If you had a guy with a concussion problem, you'd want it to be Rhodes because Rhodes doesn't hit anybody."

That one got a chuckle out of me.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ It was probably meant to. The whole article is meant to appease us while not 100% seeming that way.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;3530311]My question is how is it possible that the entire NFL world got it wrong that he had 4 concussions? What did he lose time to injury for those other three times? Was he misdiagnosed three times by team doctors?[/QUOTE]

His playing time is completely contrary to a guy with 4 concussions

2009 Cleveland Browns 11 games missed final 5 games with concussion
    2008 Cleveland Browns 15 games missed opening game with concussion
    2007 Cleveland Browns 16 games
    2006 Cleveland Browns 16 games
    2005 Cleveland Browns 13 games missed 3 consecutive games in Nov-Dec due an ankle injury.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/players/brodneypool/gamelogs?id=POO051141&season=2009[/url]

I just do not see how 4 concussions are possible.

but I did find this

[QUOTE][B]Pool has dealt with concussions since the opening kickoff of his rookie season [/B][oddly, this was a no time missed concussion] and Mangini said the Browns will approach his future very carefully.

“Brodney had a concussion and we’ll wait and see what happens,” he said. “We take it very seriously and we’ll see what is the best way to evaluate a player and bring him back. We’ll go through the process.

“The best thing to do is to listen to the people who know how to treat the injuries and be supportive of the players.”

[B]Mangini wouldn’t comment on whether he thought Pool might be forced to quit playing football due to the number of concussions suffered.[/B]

“I don’t know all of the things that are being discussed, but we want to put the players in the best situations for them.

“We’ve tried to be very aggressive with concussions,” he said. “We don’t want to put the player at any risk. It’s something we take very seriously. Medically, I don’t get [/QUOTE]

I can only say that if he has had 4 concussions, he was playing injured, and he should consider suing Romeo and Mangina. I wonder where they could have learned that playing a guy with a concussion is OK?

[url]http://cle.scout.com/2/924737.html[/url]
    Last edited by SONNY WERBLIN; 03-18-2010 at 12:36 PM.