Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How about TO in the Slot?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

How about TO in the Slot?

If we think about the free agent WRs remaining, who else has the speed, quickness and route running ability and desire to get to a Super Bowl? Yes, he has been a pain in the @$$, but he was humble enough to go to Buffalo, of all places. Yes, at 36 he has lost a step but he should come cheap, considering that he has not been signed to any team yet. If there was ever a locker room and a Coaching staff that could keep his ego in check, it might be this team. I know this is a crazy notion and very controversial but TO, Edwards, Cotchery, Keller, Greene, Leon and LT would cause serious match-up problems for any team. The best thing is that he would come cheap and would enable the best GM in the business the flexibility to go BPA in the draft having no real holes on the O, except for Oline depth. Fire away...
    Last edited by OC_Jet; 03-17-2010 at 07:32 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    dear god, no! TO is an overrated, team killing cancer.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Much better to draft a young kid with great hands this year and train him to be great next year than to stuff a giant ego into a humble role for one year, starting completely fresh NEXT year with a rookie.

If they draft a slot WR this year and he plays, he will be that much more experienced for the next season. Personally, I'd love them to get Stuckey back, as the kid clearly has real talent and great hands, but if they won't go in that direction, then its time to draft a young promising WR to fill that role.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hereby propose a new rule for possilble implementation at JI

Just because some form of garbage is released from another team doesn't mean the Jets have to run out and sign it.

Those desperate days where any form of rubbish of another team was an improvement to our miserable roster are GONE GOODBYE.

Just today we have had calls go sign the following BEASTS, either completely washed up, vastly overpriced or just plain rubbish..

Mawae, Owens, Vasher and yesterday there were similar calls for at least four others

I apologize if this idea offends anyone but I think it is a good one

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is running out of chances. He has one or two years left. You dont think the same come to Jesus conversations that the Jets probably had with LT would work with him. If he can just do the one job they need of him, he might get a ring.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3530240]dear god, no! TO is an overrated, team killing cancer.[/QUOTE]

I think you are missing the most important part. The jets would be the sickest team to play with on madden :yes:

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I knew that posting this crazy idea would stir up a hornet's nest of anti TO venom but for 1-2mm, you don't think we could get good value out of him?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3530249]I hereby propose a new rule for possilble implementation at JI

Just because some form of garbage is released from another team doesn't mean the Jets have to run out and sign it.

Those desperate days where any form of rubbish of another team was an improvement to our miserable roster are GONE GOODBYE.

Just today we have had calls go sign the following BEASTS, either completely washed up, vastly overpriced or just plain rubbish..

Mawae, Owens, Vasher and yesterday there were similar calls for at least four others

I apologize if this idea offends anyone but I think it is a good one[/QUOTE]

I said the same earlier. Any POS who is let loose and bang, a thread calling for the Jets to "sign the BEAST".

Next thing you know people start believing that a TO has EVER been a good route runner or has EVER been one to go over the middle. That he doesn't have alligator arms, isn't afraid to go over the middle.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely not....because T.O. is the kind of guy that needs to be fed the ball 7-8 times a game regardless of if he is open or not in order to keep him happy, and the last thing we should be doing with Sanchez is encouraging him to force the ball into tight windows just to keep someone like T.O. happy.

PS: Final 8 rules make it not really very realistic anyways.
    Last edited by Ven0m; 03-17-2010 at 07:50 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think T.O would be a good pickup for us regardless of all the people here at JI that are going to say I'm crazy. It's an uncapped year, how will it hurt us to give him 3 mil for 1 year and just see how he does? Picking him up also doesn't mean we can't draft a "pure" slot receiver as well. I think if he's third to Cotch and Braylon, he could do some great things for us. That being said I don't think we need to look at every player that has been released lately but T.O is definitely someone who would make us a little better at WR right away.

Alight guys, Que the I'm a moron and T.O is old and sucks comments... I'm waiting...LOL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3530257]Absolutely not....because T.O. is the kind of guy that needs to be fed the ball 7-8 times a game regardless of if he is open or not in order to keep him happy, and the last thing we should be doing with Sanchez is encouraging him to force the ball into tight windows just to keep someone like T.O. happy.[/QUOTE]

Did you even watch him in Buffalo? He was a model citizen even though some games he only got 2-4 targets. I think he knows he's not "The Man" anymore after no one tried to pick him up the last two off-seasons. IMO teams are making a mistake not throwing a lowball offer at him and see if he takes it. He is still a top 50 receiver in my book. Coaches still have to gameplan for him.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I definitely won't "que" them since I am not all that fluent en espanol

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3530249]

You're not sorry at all and you know it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KingofNY;3530265]Did you even watch him in Buffalo? He was a model citizen even though some games he only got 2-4 targets. I think he knows he's not "The Man" anymore after no one tried to pick him up the last two off-seasons. IMO teams are making a mistake not throwing a lowball offer at him and see if he takes it. He is still a top 50 receiver in my book. Coaches still have to gameplan for him.[/QUOTE]

T.O was thrown at 105 times last year. He very much was still getting #1 WR targets, even though the results weren't there. One of many reasons the Bills were so bad.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3530255]I said the same earlier. Any POS who is let loose and bang, a thread calling for the Jets to "sign the BEAST".

Next thing you know people start believing that a TO has EVER been a good route runner or has EVER been one to go over the middle. That he doesn't have alligator arms, isn't afraid to go over the middle.[/QUOTE]

This is stupid. He was never questioned about his ability for either of these things. He isn't afraid of impingents and has a high prob. of breaking first contact, and his route running is pretty impeccable. His downside is his drops, which occur when he's focusing on YAC...

Seriously, stop spouting nonsense, there's a dozen justifiable reasons you can make about him being a poor choice for you guys, but this garbage is just wrong.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KingofNY;3530265]Did you even watch him in Buffalo? He was a model citizen even though some games he only got 2-4 targets. I think he knows he's not "The Man" anymore after no one tried to pick him up the last two off-seasons. IMO teams are making a mistake not throwing a lowball offer at him and see if he takes it. He is still a top 50 receiver in my book. Coaches still have to gameplan for him.[/QUOTE]

Have you paid any attention to what he's done to teams and their QB's over the years? Or just you're familiar with his name?

How about, he's not a slot receiver, pure or not. Doesn't seem to matter to those who want to play him in the slot.

And we sure had a game plan for him.

Coaches don't game plan for wr's who catch 50 a year.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fatty_VM;3530277]This is stupid. He was never questioned about his ability for either of these things. He isn't afraid of contact and has a high prob. of breaking first contact, and his route running is pretty impeccable. His downside is his drops, which occur when he's focusing on YAC...

Seriously, stop spouting nonsense, there's a dozen justifiable reasons you can make about him being a poor choice for you guys, but this garbage is just wrong.[/QUOTE]

This is stupid?

He hasn't been accused of having alligator arms which leads to his drops, even back in his days in SF? And he is not a good route runner.

Learn the game instead of reading stat sheets and hype.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KingofNY;3530260]

Alight guys, Que the I'm a moron and T.O is old and sucks comments... I'm waiting...LOL[/QUOTE]

Not saying you're a moron but can you really draw any other conclusions on TO? He is in fact old and he does suck.
    Final 8 rules aside, he's not even close to a good fit, he has not shown any ability to play as a slot receiver and there are other positions that would benefit the team more (pass rusher).
    I don't want to be a jerk but this thread was a fail from the start and I feel like it somehow infected me because I posted in it. Terrible idea with zero possibility of happening.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3530249]I hereby propose a new rule for possilble implementation at JI

+1

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can feel the vomit rising in my throat as I type this, but I have to say that A LOT of the Pats problems at WR would seem to disappear with TO on the other side of the field from Moss.

He's a wacko, a jerk, a locker room distraction....BUT no one has ever questioned his efforts on the field, his conditioning, or his abilities. I think I'd have to be happy if the Pats could manage to grab him cheap for one year.

Or they could go with a guy like Josh Reed the former Buffalo WR. A lot less controversial, but a solid if unspectacular guy