Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How about TO in the Slot?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OC_Jet;3530239]If we think about the free agent WRs remaining, who else has the speed, quickness and route running ability and desire to get to a Super Bowl? Yes, he has been a pain in the @$$, but he was humble enough to go to Buffalo, of all places. Yes, at 36 he has lost a step but he should come cheap, considering that he has not been signed to any team yet. If there was ever a locker room and a Coaching staff that could keep his ego in check, it might be this team. I know this is a crazy notion and very controversial but TO, Edwards, Cotchery, Keller, Greene, Leon and LT would cause serious match-up problems for any team. The best thing is that he would come cheap and would enable the best GM in the business the flexibility to go BPA in the draft having no real holes on the O, except for Oline depth. Fire away...[/QUOTE]

When I think of TO I dont think of a guy willing to take a hit and do the dirty work for the betterment of the team. Not one I would envision willing to go over the middle in the slot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OC_Jet;3530239]If we think about the free agent WRs remaining, who else has the speed, quickness and route running ability and desire to get to a Super Bowl? Yes, he has been a pain in the @$$, but he was humble enough to go to Buffalo, of all places. Yes, at 36 he has lost a step but he should come cheap, considering that he has not been signed to any team yet. If there was ever a locker room and a Coaching staff that could keep his ego in check, it might be this team. I know this is a crazy notion and very controversial but TO, Edwards, Cotchery, Keller, Greene, Leon and LT would cause serious match-up problems for any team. The best thing is that he would come cheap and would enable the best GM in the business the flexibility to go BPA in the draft having no real holes on the O, except for Oline depth. Fire away...[/QUOTE]

I thought about it already!!! The jets need a Young WR to go with Edwards and Cotchery. They might have one in 6'0 200 lb Andre Allison...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3530279]Have you paid any attention to what he's done to teams and their QB's over the years? Or just you're familiar with his name?

How about, he's not a slot receiver, pure or not. Doesn't seem to matter to those who want to play him in the slot.

And we sure had a game plan for him.

Coaches don't game plan for wr's who catch 50 a year.[/QUOTE]

OMG, You think I'm a f*ckin moron or something? Yes I have paid attention to him and what he has done to teams in the past. I've lived in Texas for the past 10 years and have heard every bad thing there is to say about him from the Cowboys fans and the local sports news...The point is that the past is the past. What he did then doesn't mean sh1t now. Maybe you could say he finally grew up.

What did he do last year in Buffalo that was so bad? We didn't hear a peep from him even though he barely got any targets and his quarterback was terrible. He is not someone you sign long term, just for one year to see if he still can move the chains for you during a year when you need as much athletic ability on your squad as you can have to make a SB run.

Not to mention, who is to say we can't use Cotch in the slot? Cotch has some of the best hands in the NFL IMO. If you think every coach who played Buffalo last year didn't mention his name in their game-plan last year, you are dead wrong. He still still is a tall, athletic target that can move the chains and put points on the board.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KingofNY;3530301]OMG, You think I'm a f*ckin moron or something? Yes I have paid attention to him and what he has done to teams in the past. I've lived in Texas for the past 10 years and have heard every bad thing there is to say about him from the Cowboys fans and the local sports news...The point is that the past is the past. What he did then doesn't mean sh1t now. Maybe you could say he finally grew up.

What did he do last year in Buffalo that was so bad? We didn't hear a peep from him even though he barely got any targets and his quarterback was terrible. He is not someone you sign long term, just for one year to see if he still can move the chains for you during a year when you need as much athletic ability on your squad as you can have to make a SB run.

Not to mention, who is to say we can't use Cotch in the slot? Cotch has some of the best hands in the NFL IMO. If you think every coach who played Buffalo last year didn't mention his name in their game-plan last year, you are dead wrong. He still still is a tall, athletic target that can move the chains and put points on the board.[/QUOTE]

To you it's a major achievement that he acted like an actual human last season. Give him an award, he shut his mouth, hoping that it will lead to a final contract with a real team. When he'll ge the TO of old once again.

And for all your nonsense about teams having to game plan TO last season, this BEAST only had 50 receptions. The coaches must have done one hell of a job against the Bills O.

To your first question, given your response to criticism of TO, now I do think you are. Or need to adjust your meds, you're wrapped a little tight.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3530274]T.O was thrown at 105 times last year. He very much was still getting #1 WR targets, even though the results weren't there. One of many reasons the Bills were so bad.[/QUOTE]

The Bills were bad because they are the bills, not because T.O was their receiver. He still had better stats than any receiver on our team last year and was ranked 33rd among active receivers stat wise last season. And that was playing for a ****ty team and terrible QB's. Check the stats for yourself.

[url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingYards[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3530307]To you it's a major achievement that he acted like an actual human last season. Give him an award, he shut his mouth, hoping that it will lead to a final contract with a real team. When he'll ge the TO of old once again.

And for all your nonsense about teams having to game plan TO last season, this BEAST only had 50 receptions. The coaches must have done one hell of a job against the Bills O.

To your first question, given your response to criticism of TO, now I do think you are. Or need to adjust your meds, you're wrapped a little tight.[/QUOTE]

He was the 33rd best receiver in the league, better than anyone on the Jets team... Naaa I doubt they had to gameplan for him. LOL I bet half the people on this board who say they hate him would be buying his Jersey by week 5 of the 2010 season after he made a few nice catches and downfield blocks to win us a game or two. That's just my opinion though. Just because he didn't work out on other teams doesn't mean he hasn't matured and won't work out for us. People grow up you know.

The one thing I learned is that people will stand by what they believe in, so you can hate on T.O all day... I hope to god we pick him up and he proves the haters wrong. We need another good receiver if we want a SB, and I believe he is a good cheap option to enhance our WR core.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KingofNY;3530309]The Bills were bad because they are the bills, not because T.O was their receiver. He still had better stats than any receiver on our team last year and was ranked 33rd among active receivers stat wise last season. And that was playing for a ****ty team and terrible QB's. Check the stats for yourself.

[url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingYards[/url][/QUOTE]

I'm not disagreeing with you that there are plenty of other reasons why the Bills were bad, but the T.O. experiment being a complete flop was a big part of it as well. He only caught 50% of the balls that were thrown his way, that's not good any way you try and spin it. Any of our (Starting) WR's were more effective targets, they just didn't get 100+ targets to accumulate numbers with because we were so run-heavy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3530249]I hereby propose a new rule for possilble implementation at JI

Just because some form of garbage is released from another team doesn't mean the Jets have to run out and sign it.

Those desperate days where any form of rubbish of another team was an improvement to our miserable roster are GONE GOODBYE.

Just today we have had calls go sign the following BEASTS, either completely washed up, vastly overpriced or just plain rubbish..

Mawae, Owens, Vasher and yesterday there were similar calls for at least four others

I apologize if this idea offends anyone but I think it is a good one[/QUOTE]

Guess you shouldn't have posted so often in the LT thread, huh?:rolleyes:

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    For me, this is not about picking up someone else's garbage. At one time, he was the most feared WR in the league. He is now a shadow of his former self but he has not had any major injuries and he still has to be watched. As much as I hate to admit it, we might have some issues playing the Pats with Moss on one side and TO on the other. This would be a last chance for TO. Considering we ran one prima donna out of town 2 years ago (Favre), one this year (Rhodes) and still said goodbye to a RB who scored 27 tds and rushed for 2700 yds, players should realize by now that unless you are willing to commit to being a JET, as defined by Rex and crew, you wont play and wont be here very long. If frickin LT can be humbled, so can he. So you cant tell me Edwards and TO on the outside, put Cotch at slot, Keller with Leon, LT and War machine coming at you from all directions wouldnt be a problem. TO is old but he aint dead.

PS. give KONY a break. They aint never going to sign TO so its just an off-season friendly what-if on a football forum. Lets see what Tanny really does. Ya know its gonna be amazing next year...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously Jet Nut? I'm a cowboys fan.... I've seen more games than I can count with Owens playing between us, SF and Philly being "rivals" as well as conference/division opponents. Turn off ESPN and form a legitimate argument you sheep.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dump. This thread is garbage.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fatty_VM;3530367]Seriously Jet Nut? I'm a cowboys fan.... I've seen more games than I can count with Owens playing between us, SF and Philly being "rivals" as well as conference/division opponents. Turn off ESPN and form a legitimate argument you sheep.[/QUOTE]

Good, now you've reinvented the great TO.

Typical Cowboy fan. Know nothing about football and believe everything Cowboy is perfect.

Yes, stroke yourself into believing that TO is a tough, over the middle WR who runs perfect routes.

Moronic and wrong. Perfect, but really who gives a ah1t about the Cowboys and another Jerry Jones failed experiment.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    well no one's said it yet..

Sign the Beast.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    N-O
    to
    T.O.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3530249]I hereby propose a new rule for possilble implementation at JI

Just because some form of garbage is released from another team doesn't mean the Jets have to run out and sign it.

[/QUOTE]

If it weren't for this, there would be no offseason posts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    :rolleyes::broccoli:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Noooooooooo!!!!! I'm not jeopardizing the future of the franchise by bringing in a cancer like that. Do you really think that a 2nd year QB would be capable of handling TO? Sanchez is still trying to find his way in the league and really step up and make this [I]his[/I] team. The last thing he needs is someone like TO trying to undermine him every step of the way. He's still a talented guy, but he's not worth the mess he creates everywhere he goes.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yet a lot of people on this board are clamoring for Brandon Marshall, a guy proven responsible for the death of his own teammate, who shot at his own father and who would also demand a huge contract. If he isnt a cancer then who is?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KingofNY;3530322]He was the 33rd best receiver in the league, better than anyone on the Jets team... Naaa I doubt they had to gameplan for him. LOL I bet half the people on this board who say they hate him would be buying his Jersey by week 5 of the 2010 season after he made a few nice catches and downfield blocks to win us a game or two. That's just my opinion though. Just because he didn't work out on other teams doesn't mean he hasn't matured and won't work out for us. People grow up you know.

The one thing I learned is that people will stand by what they believe in, so you can hate on T.O all day... I hope to god we pick him up and he proves the haters wrong. We need another good receiver if we want a SB, and I believe he is a good cheap option to enhance our WR core.[/QUOTE]

AGREED, TO, braylon n cotch, this would work! Cotch in the slot. I think TO is done being the cancer, usually happens to a player on the way out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3530240]dear god, no! TO is an overrated, team killing cancer.[/QUOTE]

+1
    Just draft a WR.