Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Story: DRAFT TALK: Jets to look at Fresno State RB Matthews

[QUOTE=SMC;3530395]I don't think there's anyway the Jets are drafting a RB in the 1st round. None. The Jets rated Greene as a 1st rounder last year so I can't see them going 1st round in back-to-back years on a RB.

That said, Rex says that he can't have enough CBs. I think he'd say the same about RBs.[/QUOTE]
    Tannenbaum has stated publicly that you can never have enough RBs or CBs...with the way we run the ball I wouldn't be surprised. After this season, imagine a 1-2 punch of Mathews and Greene? :D

All Pro
    as much as i hate to say it...

i think we are packaging LEON + picks to move up and swipe BERRY

Jets Insider VIP
    the latest (3/14) from JI Draft insider (TFY) has him as a surprise pick going in the top fifty (round 1-2)

kid looks like a beast in the highlight film, but everyone does in their highlight film

would have to change his number though
    Last edited by sg3; 03-18-2010 at 04:48 AM.

I doubt the Jets are going to draft a RB in the first round but with the draft as deep as it is this year they are probably looking at guys who may drop.

l would be totally on board with this if, and only if, Washington goes for a 2nd rounder. Draft Matthews and solidy the backfield for the forseeable future with him and Greene. Then go D with the two 2nd rounders, a WR in round 4 and we'll see you in Dallas in early February.

However if Leon stays, then I don't think you can draft an RB with the first two picks and probably even the 4th rounder. If we were to go offense, it would have to be a WR.

All League
    This was the point I made about the decision the Jets could be faced with at 29. As Bit pointed out, a player like Matthews could be "serious value" at 29. I don't know if the Jets could pass a RB of that caliber (or Spiller, but he'll be gone)

I would prefer a OLB (Kindle) or WR (Tate), but if the Jets do think think he's too good to pass up, i'd be fine with it. And by the way, Leon stays.

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210549[/url]

the jets are not taking a rb at 29.

[QUOTE=jeT.MAC;3530417]JETS RB's:

1 GREENE
    2 TOMLINSON
    3 WASHINGTON
    4 WOODHEAD
    5 SIGN NEON LEON???

AS LONG AS LEON SIGN's THE JETS ARE READY FOR 2010..:yes:[/QUOTE]

Sorry but #4 shouldn't be there...He might be a good option as a slot WR but not as a NFL RB. JMO

How many official pre-draft visits are allowed for a NFL team?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=C Mart;3530768]How many official pre-draft visits are allowed for a NFL team?[/QUOTE]

20, i believe....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3530796]20, i believe....[/QUOTE]

Thanks, CBNY.

All Pro
    I don't know if i agree with you guys about Mathews being a lock to be gone by 29. Everyone keeps harping that its a deep draft at that position, and i imagine many of teams are thinking the same thing. Why take him now, when i can get value later.

IMO Spiller is the only lock to go in the 1st rnd.

i believe this to be a smokescreen by the jets. not that others are buying it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Sanchise;3530467]RB isnt our main need right now. Draft a DLineman with the 29th pick.[/QUOTE]

The Jets main need right now is finding more great football players. Now QB is set. Other than that, if there is some great value at practically any other position, I wouldn't categorically rule it out.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=C Mart;3530801]Thanks, CBNY.[/QUOTE]

the correct number of visits is 30....

[QUOTE=crasherino;3530922]The Jets main need right now is finding more great football players. Now QB is set. Other than that, if there is some great value at practically any other position, I wouldn't categorically rule it out.[/QUOTE]

Agreed and you have to be prepared if certain players fall to you. Also as stated by others it can be smokescreen to set up trade down scenarios.