Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Story: DRAFT TALK: Jets to look at Fresno State RB Matthews

New Story: DRAFT TALK: Jets to look at Fresno State RB Matthews

Tony Pauline of [B]SI.com and DraftInsider.net[/B] has learned that the New York Jets will be bringing running back Ryan Matthews of Fresno State to their facility for one of their official pre-draft visits.

Matthews, a junior, comes off a career season at Fresno State in which he rushed for 1808 yards and 19 touchdowns. Pauline, one of the premiere draft analysts in the nation, told JetsInsider.com that Matthews is one of the few complete backs in this draft; a strong ball carrier on the inside who also has the ability to turn the corner while also being an effective pass...

[url=http://www.jetsinsider.com/blogs/tony_pauline/?p=64]More...[/url]

Really wouldn't be upset with this pick at 29...

[QUOTE=JI BREAKING NEWS TICKER;3530376]Tony Pauline of [B]SI.com and TFYDraftInsider.net[/B] has learned that the New York Jets will be bringing running back Ryan Mathews of Fresno State to their facility for one of their official pre-draft visits.

Mathews, a junior, comes off a career season at Fresno State in which he rushed for 1808 yards and 19 touchdowns. Pauline, one of the premiere draft analysts in the nation, told JetsInsider.com that Mathews is one of the few complete backs in this draft; a strong ball carrier on the inside who also has the ability to turn the corner while also being an effective pass...

[url=http://www.jetsinsider.com/blogs/tony_pauline/?p=64]More...[/url][/QUOTE]

No Thanks!!! Jets have Greene and LT to carry the load. All the jets need is a RB in the mid rds to be #3 guy.

1 Blount
    2 Lonyae Miller
    3 Joique Bell
    4 Ben Tate
    5 Deji Karim (So. Illinois)
    6 Stafon johnson
    7 Keiland Williams
    8 Dajuane Collins (Toledo)

A) LT is most likely gone next year.

B) Shonn Greene is a high-and-low hit from being out, and while a great upfield runner, has some issues catching the ball.

C) Leon, once known for his speed, broke his leg in two places.

(DRAFT) this Beast for (LONG) money!

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=GreenJoe;3530392]A) LT is most likely gone next year.

B) Shonn Greene is a high-and-low hit from being out, and while a great upfield runner, has some issues catching the ball.

C) Leon, once known for his speed, broke his leg in two places.

(DRAFT) this Beast for (LONG) money![/QUOTE]

Or at least look it

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't think there's anyway the Jets are drafting a RB in the 1st round. None. The Jets rated Greene as a 1st rounder last year so I can't see them going 1st round in back-to-back years on a RB.

That said, Rex says that he can't have enough CBs. I think he'd say the same about RBs.

All League
    [QUOTE=JI BREAKING NEWS TICKER;3530376]Tony Pauline of [B]SI.com and TFYDraftInsider.net[/B] has learned that the New York Jets will be bringing running back Ryan Mathews of Fresno State to their facility for one of their official pre-draft visits.

Mathews, a junior, comes off a career season at Fresno State in which he rushed for 1808 yards and 19 touchdowns. Pauline, one of the premiere draft analysts in the nation, told JetsInsider.com that Mathews is one of the few complete backs in this draft; a strong ball carrier on the inside who also has the ability to turn the corner while also being an effective pass...

[url=http://www.jetsinsider.com/blogs/tony_pauline/?p=64]More...[/url][/QUOTE]
    im in favor of drafting a RB early..

if the jets [B]can't believe [/B]he's still on the board at 29, take him..

All League
    wait why? we have LT and greene under contract, they want leon back, and they love chauncy washington....

All League
    [QUOTE=JerseyJet80;3530402]wait why? we have LT and greene under contract, they want leon back, and they love chauncy washington....[/QUOTE]
    maybe they love this kid even more..

I like Matthews, I just don't see a fit on this team.

JETS RB's:

1 GREENE
    2 TOMLINSON
    3 WASHINGTON
    4 WOODHEAD
    5 SIGN NEON LEON???

AS LONG AS LEON SIGN's THE JETS ARE READY FOR 2010..:yes:

DL in Round #1 for us.:yes:

I agree with Hammer it would kinda be surprising to see him make it past 20 Houston, 22 NE, 28 SD but it is also possible... at 29 he would be a serious value pick... but with Greene a 3rd rounder and LT, plus Leon it's not exactly a "dire need" position. but very interesting none the less

also I hate 2 be the grammar police but it's mathews not matthews

[QUOTE=jeT.MAC;3530417]JETS RB's:

1 GREENE
    2 TOMLINSON
    3 WASHINGTON
    4 WOODHEAD
    5 SIGN NEON LEON???

AS LONG AS LEON SIGN's THE JETS ARE READY FOR 2010..:yes:[/QUOTE]

Woodhead???really

RB isnt our main need right now. Draft a DLineman with the 29th pick.

If he's there at 29, I'd be totally cool with the pick. Matthews is a beast.

I'm assuming we would trade Leon or lose him to another teams offer sheet though.

1) Ryan Matthews RB
    2 from Leon) Lamarr Houston DE
    2) Morgan Burnett FS
    4) Eric Decker/Jordan Shipley/Dexter McCluster WR
    5) Zane Beadles OG
    6) George Selvie OLB
    7) Zoltan Mesko P

Would be a pretty sick (and realistic) draft IMO.

:confused:

Matthews is the beast future feature back in this draft. I also think he's more likely to end up a feature back than Greene is. Greene lasted a season in college, and that's it. He just doesn't have a feature back's mindset or longevity, and given the lifespan of the position it's unlikely that changes. We'll get some very good seasons from him though, I don't doubt it.

Greene is our Jabber teDa 'Pen. He's exactly that type of talent, except as a football player.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 03-17-2010 at 11:33 PM.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=hendu24;3530444]Woodhead???really[/QUOTE]

Yesterday someone had WOODSCRUB at slot WR. Today
    RB. This has got to be a joke, right? Never gonna happin. High schooj players don't play in the NFL;)

All League
    This kid is the real deal. He is definitely a top 3 RB on my draft board. I think he is probably the most NFL ready back to come out. That being said, I doubt he will still be around at 29. If he is I would be happy to use our 1st rounder on him as long as we address our WR, DE, and safety needs properly through trades/picks/acquisitions before the season starts.

Check him out, he is like the human RB highlight film.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlZOFsVkjAo[/url]