Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Jay Feely to visit with Cardinals

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3531578]I'm not arguing that he isn't a good kicker

I'm arguing with those who think that the Jets can somehow lock up an UNRESTRICTED free agent who wants to test the market[/QUOTE]

You can't lock him up, everyone knows that. :confused: But what you can do is tell him that your willing to give him what any other team would give him as long as its not too ridiculous. Kinda like how TJ was an UFA and he still gave us a chance to pay him what KC was going to pay him. I'm just arguing that we should do what we can to retain him if he is willing and wants to stay.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jones wasn't a UFA because we released him rather than pay him the ridiculous 3 million roster bonus as part of the ridiculous 7 million salary to keep him as a backup. By the time he begged the Jets to match his KC offer, the much more versatile and willing to be a backup LT was available.

I understand your idea about Feely (matching anything reasonable) but you are talking about an an UFA or his agent, here. Who knows if he was willing to even have this conversation before testing the market. Who knows if his definition of reasonable is 5 times more than the Jets definition of reasonable.

It takes a guy a long time to obtain UFA status in the NFL (even longer in the uncapped year as Leon Washington discovered and dozens of newly minted RFA's discovered). I'm not sure any of them want to get into "pre-negotiations" with their existing club before testing the market. Maybe Feelly was or will be, maybe not.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3530412]Bad move if we let this guy walk. Mark my words.[/QUOTE]

+1... i agree, i mean who else is really out there... and he actually tries to tackle
    on kick returns!!! c'mon tanny!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3531566]There are two types of people in this world: Jay Feely, and everyone who wants to be him.
    [/QUOTE]

... as well as one superhuman entity known as chuck norris :ninja2: ...

l_j_r

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Guitarjet;3531149]I've been watching Rackers out here for several years now. He does not have strong kick-offs, and has fought leg injury this year. Not a good trade.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my bad...I do recall the leg injury but I always thought he had strong KOs for some reason.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feeley was just on XM/Sirius and I want this cat back in our house. Losing Feeley will suck :steamin:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;3534897]Feeley was just on XM/Sirius and I want this cat back in our house. Losing Feeley will suck :steamin:[/QUOTE]

Why what did he say?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;3534897]Feeley was just on XM/Sirius and I want this cat back in our house. Losing Feeley will suck :steamin:[/QUOTE]

+1 seems like a lateral move, if nothing else, a negative one. Unless MT has a master plan but even so. I like Feely, the player and it sucks to be losing him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    As much as I love the heart the guy plays with, he's not getting any younger. I'm all for moving on.