Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay Feely to visit with Cardinals

Undrafted Free Agent

Jay Feely to visit with Cardinals

[url]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Source-Free-agent-kicker-Jay-Feely-visiting-Arizona-Cardinals[/url]

Although I didn't really want to lose Feely in the first place, I guess we should root for the Cardinals to overpay, given the Final Eight free-agency rules.

Who should we sign even if Feely does leave? Who out there is still worthwhile?

We don't need to sign anyone, if we lose Feely I really really hope that Folk had a fluke year last season and he ends up being the kicker he was his first 2 years.

All Pro
    We can then sign a UFA up to the amount Feeley signs for

Bad move if we let this guy walk. Mark my words.

All Pro
    [url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/17/feely-will-visit-the-cardinals/[/url]

[i]Feely will visit the Cardinals

With the Jets moving on from kicker Jay Feely, Feely needs to move on from New York.

He'll commence the process this weekend.

According to Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com, Feely will visit the Cardinals. The two-time defending NFC West champs are in the market for a kicker; [B]Neil Rackers, an unrestricted free agent, isn't expected to return.[/B]

Feely, 33, also has played for the Falcons, Giant, and Dolphins.[/i]

I say sign Rackers.

[QUOTE=fullblast;3530398]Who should we sign even if Feely does leave? Who out there is still worthwhile?[/QUOTE]

Darren Sharper

Hall Of Fame
    Kinda sad to see Jay go... definitely my favorite Jets kicker I've ever seen. I'm really surprised the Jets didn't bring him back though. I understand they want to be able to sign an UFA if he goes elsewhere, but I thought it'd be a no brainer after the Cincinnatti game.

[QUOTE=bitonti;3530432]Darren Sharper[/QUOTE]

Ideal scenario. Feely was a good kicker for this team and would probably be missed at least once during the season, but to essentially sacrifice him for Sharper would give the Jets three bonafide ballhawks in the secondary. All remaining effort (defensively) could be focused on finding a passrusher and a front-7 run-stuffer. At that point I'd have to say the defense is complete for '10, and that would still leave room to find depth at receiver, OL & RB.

Did Rackers fall that far out of favor after the 4th-quarter miss against the Packers? That was a terrible miss, but he's definitely been at least as dependable as Feely has been throughout his career. Let's hope the Cardinals bite, and if not maybe another team will. The longer Sharper is available the more I believe the Jets will tab him if they get the green light.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3530412]Bad move if we let this guy walk. Mark my words.[/QUOTE]

I agree

All League
    :ohwow: Oh crap...We are in trouble if we let Feely get away. He was a beast last year and practically took over games and even took over punting duties that game when Weatherford got hurt. I'm not too confident with Folk because he lost his MOJO, and when kickers lose their MOJO its normally gone for good. :(

Sign Neil Rackers!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3530432]Darren Sharper[/QUOTE]

I'd love to sign Sharper AND Rackers. :yes:

All League
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3530516]I'd love to sign Sharper. :yes:[/QUOTE]

I would love to sign Sharper too but not at the expense of Jay Feely.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=KingofNY;3530518]I would love to sign Sharper too but not at the expense of Jay Feely.[/QUOTE]

I understand really loving the heart that Feely plays with and how he's in there on ST play, but his kickoffs just were not there last year. I want a live leg that can boom kick offs and hit the big FGs. Feely is no longer that. I really think Rackers is a good option. He needs a change of scenery, had a rough year last year.

Veteran
    F Jay Feely. He lost his mojo in Atlanta and with the Giants,but some how he was able to get better. He is not the only kicker who can do that guys. Kickers have off years. Jay is a kicker they are a dime a dozen.This guy has a huge head already with out posts like these. Parcells cut him because he has a big mouth it seemed to work out pretty good for the fins having kicker this years pro bowl kicker for the AFC. I'm Not worried one bit about losing Jay Feely. Bring on a play maker like Sharper!

All League
    [QUOTE=jayrad01;3530525]F Jay Feely. He lost his mojo in Atlanta and with the Giants,but some how he was able to get better. He is not the only kicker who can do that guys. Kickers have off years. Jay is a kicker they are a dime a dozen.This guy has a huge head already with out posts like these. Parcells cut him because he has a big mouth it seemed to work out pretty good for the fins having kicker this years pro bowl kicker for the AFC. I'm Not worried one bit about losing Jay Feely. Bring on a play maker like Sharper![/QUOTE]

I disagree with your analysis of Jay Feely. IMO he is an awesome guy. I met him on the field and had a 5 minute conversation with him at the AFC Championship game and he was really down to earth and treated me and my friend with the utmost respect. He actually called us onto the restricted area of the field to talk to us. He appreciates us Jets fans more than you would know.

Apart from that I don't think he is at all a dime a dozen kicker. Yes he did have a off game vs. the Colts but I can't even count how many times he made pressure FG's for us this season and went above and beyond in filling our holes in special teams (punting, etc.). You are correct about him being short on his kickoffs and that is really his only true weakness. I still think we shouldn't abandon our proven reliable kicker just for a shot at Sharper.

Heck Sharper might only of mentioned coming to the Jets to try to make a market for himself to get paid by the Saints.

[IMG]http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad164/chainedlyric3/073.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by KingofNY; 03-18-2010 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Added photo.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=KingofNY;3530532]I disagree with your analysis of Jay Feely. IMO he is an awesome guy. [B] I met him on the field and had a 5 minute conversation with him at the AFC Championship game and he was really down to earth and treated me and my friend with the utmost respect. He actually called us onto the restricted area of the field to talk to us. He appreciates us Jets fans more than you would know.[/B]Apart from that I don't think he is at all a dime a dozen kicker. Yes he did have a off game vs. the Colts but I can't even count how many times he made pressure FG's for us this season and went above and beyond in filling our holes in special teams (punting, etc.). You are correct about him being short on his kickoffs and that is really his only true weakness. I still think we shouldn't abandon our proven reliable kicker just for a shot at Sharper.

Heck Sharper might only of mentioned coming to the Jets to try to make a market for himself to get paid by the Saints.[/QUOTE]

I met Feely and his family in Tampa and he was very nice, but that has nothing to do with him having a huge ego. Read his tweets. Him and I have gone at it on Twitter many times and he is extremly opinionated and thinks he knows it all. I never said he didn'tdo well this year. What I said is he sucked and choked in both Atlanta and NY Giants. My point being that Folk or Rackers can do the same. Kickers are a dime a dozen.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3530412]Bad move if we let this guy walk. Mark my words.[/QUOTE]

Easy to say but you're not negotiating his contract.

How much is he worth to you? Put a number down.

All League
    [QUOTE=jayrad01;3530535]I met Feely and his family in Tampa and he was very nice, but that has nothing to do with him having a huge ego. Read his tweets. Him and I have gone at it on Twitter many times and he is extremly opinionated and thinks he knows it all. I never said he didn'tdo well this year. What I said is he sucked and choked in both Atlanta and NY Giants.[B] My point being that Folk or Rackers can do the same. Kickers are a dime a dozen.[/B][/QUOTE]

I can name a boatload of kickers that haven't been able to come back after having one bad season. How bout our fan favorite Doug Brien just for starters. :yes: