Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Filling the Slot

Hall Of Fame
    this is a move that can put the jets over the top..if you're the Jets you make the move for Marshall HOWEVER you do not move Cotchery or Edwards..that nulifies the move in my book.

few scenarios:

Jets trade for Marshall sending the Broncos their 2nd round pick and WR Brad Smith.

Leon Washington signs an offer from the 49ers, jets recoup 2nd round pick.

Sign LC

Marshall/Edwards/Cotchery/Coles/Clowney...wow.

Greene/LT/Rookie

Keller

Sanchize
    Last edited by WeskerLogan; 03-18-2010 at 12:59 PM. Reason: added in rookie ya nosey bastard

All Pro
    no to anything that involves getting rid of brad smith

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3530884]no to anything that involves getting rid of brad smith[/QUOTE]

imo smith is a tad overrated, he made one spectacular play and the media fell in love with him. I'm fine withi keeping Smith but he's movable for sure, now as good as time as any.

I don't see how any of these plans has anything to do with moving Smith (Other then Wesker's)

Between ST's and the Wildcat, he's too valuable to this team to move elsewheres. But that doesn't mean he can't be a #5 WR instead of a #3 WR.

Kyle Williams Really?

[QUOTE=Jetworks;3530723]Agreed. I'd like them to draft Kyle Williams out of ASU. I really like this kid the more I see of him, and he can probably be had for a 5th or 6th.[/QUOTE]

Even though K Williams has good speed, his hands were suspect. His last season at ASU brought alot of ups and downs due to him not being able to catch the ball.

[QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3530881]this is a move that can put the jets over the top..if you're the Jets you make the move for Marshall HOWEVER you do not move Cotchery or Edwards..that nulifies the move in my book.

few scenarios:

Jets trade for Marshall sending the Broncos their 2nd round pick and WR Brad Smith.

Leon Washington signs an offer from the 49ers, jets recoup 2nd round pick.

Sign LC

Marshall/Edwards/Cotchery/Coles/Clowney...wow.

Greene/LT/Rookie

Keller

Sanchize[/QUOTE]

An ESPN radio station in Sacramento tweeted that the 49ers have talked to Washington. [B]Did some checking and here's the deal: Washington has talked to a member of the 49ers' coaching staff, presumably former Jets RB coach Jimmy Raye[/B], [B]but Washington's agent has had no contact with the 49ers' front office, a source said[/B].[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
    Read more: [URL]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/03/forecasting-leons-future.html#ixzz0iXvggXR0[/URL]
    [/COLOR][/LEFT]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3530916]I don't see how any of these plans has anything to do with moving Smith (Other then Wesker's)

Between ST's and the Wildcat, he's too [B]valuable[/B] to this team to move elsewheres. But that doesn't mean he can't be a #5 WR instead of a #3 WR.[/QUOTE]

exactly why he's a perfect option to trade. if we land marshall will any of us miss Brad Smith?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ArizonaJetsFan;3530919]Even though K Williams has good speed, his hands were suspect. His last season at ASU brought alot of ups and downs due to him not being able to catch the ball.[/QUOTE]

Well, given your name, I'll presume you saw more of him then I did. But, between the combine and what I can find on YouTube he seems to be very sudden in his movements and he attacks the ball, two good qualities of a slot receiver. Of course, drops don't tend to make it onto "highlight" videos, so point taken.:O In his defense, wasn't there a lot of instability at the QB position while he was at ASU?

Veteran
    Jordan Shipley

All League
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3530884]no to anything that involves getting rid of brad smith[/QUOTE]

I don't think Brad Smith is all that important to us. He broke 2 plays last year using the Wildcat and a returned one back for a TD. Once teams stopped falling for the fake pitch to the outside, Smith was not too effective. He is a gimmick offense player and I would be down for using him as trade bait anyday.
    Last edited by KingofNY; 03-18-2010 at 07:28 PM.

agree with jetscrazey

kevin curtis sounds like an ideal slot WR for the NYJ

he's got experience, can make plays, and is coming off an injury so should be cheap

All League
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3531338]kevin curtis sounds like an ideal slot WR for the NYJ

he's got experience, can make plays, and is coming off an injury so should be cheap[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind us picking him up if we can get him really cheap, but I still don't think he will solve all our WR needs by any means.

Curtis can't even stay on a field at this point. I'd rather use our UFA signing on Josh Reed or bring back Coles before I go down that road.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Megalomaniac;3530729]aundrae allison :yes:[/QUOTE]

88 out the gate

All League
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3531377]Curtis can't even stay on a field at this point. I'd rather use our UFA signing on Josh Reed or bring back Coles before I go down that road.[/QUOTE]

He was released wasn't he? We should be able to pick him up no problem without the final 4 restrictions. Not to mention picking him up doesn't mean we can't go ahead and draft/sign other WR's. He can be an insurance policy depending on how much he's looking to get.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Draft Golden Tate or Damian Williams

i'm sorry fellas, i wake up every morning hoping to turn on sportscenter and see:

"breaking news: brandon marshall traded to the NY Jets"

i would wet myself

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=JetsMakeMeCry;3531416]i'm sorry fellas, i wake up every morning hoping to turn on sportscenter and see:

i would wet myself[/QUOTE]

If that happened I'd have to see if I could have your screen name :D Not tears of joy

All League
    [QUOTE=JetsMakeMeCry;3531416]i'm sorry fellas, i wake up every morning hoping to turn on sportscenter and see:

i would wet myself[/QUOTE]

I can't say wouldn't be happy myself. He would be the type of guy that everyone would hate until the season started. Then once he made one or two big plays everyone would be on his cojones for the rest of the season and forget all about his past. :D

All League
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3531362]I don't think signing Curtis for the short money would preclude us from drafting a WR as well

I think we would still draft a WR/RM like Emmanuel Sanders or Antonio Brown at some point[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you.