Thread: Carlos Dunlap at #29?

Carlos Dunlap at #29?

the guy seems to be a defensive coach's dream: 6'6"-280 with power, length, speed and athleticism, can line up anywhere on the front 7 and even play some ST. then again, he seems to fit the definition of a "Beast or Bust" prospect and we already have one of those.

i admit that i don't follow college FB as much, but i do watch a lot of Florida games (2 of my brothers went to UF) and Dunlap always seemed to be there whenever the Gators had a big defensive play. if not for his DUI, he probably wouldn't even be in this conversation, as he'd be a lock for the top-15.

so, if the Jets are on the clock and Dunlap is available -- would you take him? why or why not?

All Pro
    Eh, he's not on MY short list for 29. But if he's on Rex/Mike T's list, I'm all for it. They know if the kid is motivated to play on Sundays and willing to put in the work much better than I do.

There's no denying his physical ability -- 4.61 at 6'6" 280, on wet grass:eek:

I would tak him. He just has so much game changing potential. At 29 I think its good value and there isnt as much money invested in players at the bottom of the first round. Gholston has left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths,including mine, about taking boom or bust players, but I say roll the dice on this one.

Veteran
    This guy scares me -- could be Vernon Gholston 2.0.

he is not going to fall that far but if he does he is top 15 talent at 29 so you have to take the chance with him, gholston is a different story we picked him at 4 and after the combine he went from second rounder or later to top five pick

at 29 i'd take him and run... dontthink he gets down that far... but anything is possible with this draft crop

there are gonna be guys who are legit first rounders any other year but not this one, dunlap might also be one of those guys

[QUOTE=JetsFan 51;3531330]he is not going to fall that far but if he does he is top 15 talent at 29 so you have to take the chance with him, gholston is a different story we picked him at 4 and after the combine he went from second rounder or later to top five pick[/QUOTE]

... we picked him 6th ...

l_j_r