Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st round mock full Jets mock...

1st round mock full Jets mock...

[B]1 - St. Louis Rams: Sam Bradford, QB[/B]
    Rams are torn between getting one of the DT's or QB. Recent success of 1st year QB's makes it more palatable to take the QB here.

[B]2 - Detroit Lions: Russell Okung, OT[/B]
    As with the Rams one of the DT's looks tempting but investing in a franchise QB and then not building the o-line is pure stupidity and a sure way to ruin your QB. Top rated LT trumps top rated DT.

[I]Trade: Seattle trades up from 6 to 3 with Tampa for #40 (2nd), #101 (4th) to get ahead of Washington.[/I]

[B]3 - Seattle Seahawks: Jimmy Clausen, QB[/B]
    Seahawks want to give Pete Carroll a QB to work with right away.

[I]Trade: Washington, left out in the cold once again when they want a QB trades back from 4 to 9 with Buffalo. Buffalo gives up #41 (2)[/I]

[B]4 - Buffalo Bills: Ndamukong Suh, DT[/B]
    Bills were 30th vs the run last year and thus move up to take the potnetially dominant DT.

[I]Trade: Tampa Bay after earlier trading down trade up to #5 with Kansas city once they see one of the DT's still on board. Pioli has a history of accumulating lots of picks. Tampa Bay gives up #98 (4), #162 (6)[/I]

[B]5 -Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Gerald McCoy, DT[/B]

[I]Trade: Kansas City trades down again, this time with San Francisco. San Francisco gives up #49 (20), #110 (4)[/I]

[B]6 - San Francisco 49ers: Eric Berry, S[/B]
    Frisco was 21st vs the pass last year and trade up to get Berry.

[B]7 - Cleveland: Joe Haden, CB[/B]
    Hadens slowish 40 time at the combine might have put a few people off but Holmgren and Mangini have visions of a Revis like play making CB.

[B]8 - Oakland Raiders: Trent Williams, OT[/B]
    Old Al Davis as we know favors the combine numbers and pure athlete which leads many to project Bruce Campbell here but Williams also had very impressive combine numbers.

[B]9 - Washington Redskins: Bryan Bulaga, OT[/B]
    Redskins missed out one one of the QB's but Bulaga is a nice consolation prize.

[I]Trade: New England trades up from 22 to 10 with Jacksonville. The Jags get #44 (2), #116 (4)[/I]

[B]10 - New England Patriots: C.J. Spiller, RB[/B]
    The Pats do not have a big history of trading up but rather down. However Pioli is gone and the Pats have learned a lesson from the Jets success. With Welker being a question mark next year and no real weapon from the RB position the Pats try and take some pressure off Brady by getting a game breaking RB.

[B]11 - Denver Broncos: Taylor Mays, S[/B]
    The Broncos starting safeties are old as dirt. Mays may have his faults but his athletic ability is too hard for the Broncos to pass up. Many feel the Broncos will jump all over Dez Bryant for this pick but they are going out of their way to dump one talented WR with character questions, they may not be so quick to draft another one.

[B]12 - Miami Dolphins: Dez Bryant, WR[/B]
    The Dolphins really need help at WR and are willing to take the gamble on Bryant.

[B]13 - Kansas City Chiefs: Anthony Davis, OT[/B]
    The Chiefs trade down twice in the 1st round and take an OT to compliment Brandon Albert.

[B]14 - Seattle Seahawks: Charles Brown, OT[/B]
    The Seahawks come out of the 1st round smelling like a rose after getting the QB they wanted and a potential LT replacement for Walter Jones.

[B]15 - New York Giants: Rolando McClain, ILB[/B]
    The Giants have allowed Antonio Pierce and Danny Clark to become free agents, they were middle of pack vs the run last year.

[B]16 - Tennessee Titans: Jason Pierre-Paul, DE[/B]
    Tennessee let Kyle Vandenbosch go to Detroit, they need someone to rush the passer.

[B]17 - San Francisco 49ers: Bruce Campbell, OT[/B]
    The Niners traded up to get Eric Berry in a bold move and add to the o-line with Bruce Campbell.

[B]18 - Pittsburgh Steelers: Kyle Wilson, CB[/B]
    The Steelers have struggled with on again off again CB play over the last few years. They were 16th vs the pass last year.

[B]19 - Atlanta Falcons: Derrick Morgan, DE[/B]
    John Abraham only had 5.5 sacks last year. The Falcons are very happy that Morgan falls to them.

[B]20 - Houston Texans: Devin McCourty, CB[/B]
    Houston lost Dunta Robinson to the Falcons thus they draft a replacement.

[B]21 - Cincinnatti Bengals: Mike Iupati, OG[/B]
    Cincy's offense tailed off badly last year and they feel they need to improve the interior of the o-line with the best OG prospect.

[B]22 - Jacksonville Jaguars: Carlos Dunlap, DE[/B]
    The Jags traded back to aquire more picks. They got burned by trading up for Derrick Harvey in the past but are willing to take a chance on Dunlap at this point in the 1st round.

[B]23 - Green Bay Packers: Earl Thomas, S[/B]
    The Packers watched with dismay as most of the top rated o-lineman went before their pick. Atari Bigby gets hurt a lot and Nick Collins is an on again off again player.

[B]24 - Philadelphia Eagles: Sean Weatherspoon, LB[/B]
    The Eagles cut a Witherspoon and draft a Weatherspoon.

[B]25 - Baltimore Ravens: Dan Williams, DT[/B]
    The Ravens have shown an amazing talent in being able to shift D-lineman of all sizes around on their d-line. Though not a huge priority Williams is too tough to pass up here.

[B]26 - Arizona Cardinals: Sergio Kindle, OLB[/B]
    The Cards lost a play maker in Dansby and need to find a pass rusher.

[B]27 - Dallas Cowboys: Daryl Washington, LB[/B]
    This will be one of the surprises of the 1st round, Washington going before his TCU teammate Jerry Hughes. The Cowboys had ancient Keith Brooking play a lot of snaps last year.

[B]28 - San Diego Chargers: Ryan Matthews, RB[/B]
    The Chargers need a starting calibre RB, the question is how soon do they take one in the draft.

[B]29 - New York Jets: Brandon Graham, OLB[/B]
    The draft falls in a beautiful fashion for the Jets and they get this productive OLB prospect.

[B]30 - Minnesota Vikings: Kareem Jackson, CB[/B]
    Vikings were 19th vs the pass last year and have some age creeping up at CB.

[B]31 - Indianapolis Colts: Brian Price, DT[/B]
    The Colts are another very happy team in that a guy who fits their system falls to them.

[B]32 - New Orleans Saints: Everson Griffin, DE[/B]
    The team that does a better job of pressuring the QB in the last three superbowls have won the game. Saints are set in most other areas.

[B][COLOR="Green"]New York Jets Draft:

Trade: The Jets trade Leon Washington to Green Bay for the 86th pick (3rd round)

1 (29) Brandon Graham - OLB - Michigan
    2 (61) Morgan Burnett - S - Georgia Tech
    3 (86) Ben Tate - RB - Auburn
    4 (121) Mike Neal - DT(DE) - Purdue
    5 (159) Tony Washington - OT - Abilene Christian
    6 (188) Emmanuel Sanders - WR/KR - SMU
    7 (220) Aaron Berry - CB - Pittsbrugh[/COLOR][/B]

interesting read... i like the graham pick, it would be amazing if he was still there

the eagles never draft linebackers in round 1

tuna doesnt like to draft wr in round 1

mr pickles aka jimmy clausen i think is falling...

but other than those nitpicks a real nice job

Tony Washington had sex with his sister. No thanks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;3531135]Tony Washington had sex with his sister. No thanks.[/QUOTE]

Got her pregnant and they now have a kid together :barf:

[QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;3531135][B]Tony Washington had sex with his sister[/B]. No thanks.[/QUOTE]

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Say what??????????????????lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;3531135]Tony Washington had sex with his sister. No thanks.[/QUOTE]

Cromartie had sex with 6 peoples sisters. That's why he (Washington) falls to where he is. He was a dumbass 16 year old at the time. I did take him out of that slot a few times there is no doubt about.
    Last edited by Beerfish; 03-18-2010 at 04:02 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jeT.MAC;3531163]lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Say what??????????????????lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][B]SportsFanLive.com Exclusive: Sex Offense Clouds NFL Draft Status Of Lineman Despite Strong Combine[/B]
    Monday, March 8, 2010 3:12 PM Written By: SportsFanLive Reports

By JENNA LAINE
    SportsFanLive.com Reporter
    Posted on March 8, 2010 at 6:12 p.m. ET

An offensive tackle from a small Division II Christian school, Tony Washington went to Indianapolis virtually unknown. After top performances at the NFL Combine, the Abilene Christian standout has seen his draft stock climb as high as the second round. But he bears the burden of a troubled past – one that’s causing some NFL teams to think twice.

[B]Washington is a registered sex offender[/B].

Until now, he has not publicly addressed the specifics of his situation, but in a statement provided exclusively to SportsFanLive.com, he confirmed what is likely to haunt him for the rest of his life.

“I made a mistake at the age of 16, and for that, I am deeply sorry,” Washington said. “I will not try and excuse or justify anything. I have worked extremely hard to do everything right so that I might have an opportunity to give back. I only hope that someone in the NFL will give me the same opportunity that Abilene Christian and Trinity Valley gave me.”

[B]In May 2003, Washington was convicted of having sex with a relative that multiple NFL and college sources say was his 15-year old biological sister. [/B]The act was consensual, according to his college coaches and two NFL scouts, who spoke to him about the incident. The sister does not wish to speak publicly on the case, according to Washington’s agent, who added that the siblings are now on good terms and talk often. Washington received five years probation and did not serve jail time.

Due to the nature of the crime and Washington’s status as a juvenile, records specifically related to the crime itself could not be obtained in requests made to both the Texas Department of Public

[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.sportsfanlive.com/sflreports/entry/sportsfanlive_com_exclusive_lineman_s"]Link[/URL]

[QUOTE=bitonti;3531111]interesting read... i like the graham pick, it would be amazing if he was still there

the eagles never draft linebackers in round 1

tuna doesnt like to draft wr in round 1

mr pickles aka jimmy clausen i think is falling...

but other than those nitpicks a real nice job[/QUOTE]

This is what I find strange about teams, these seemingly self imposed rules of never drafting a certain position early. It's totally 100% retarded. This is why teams like the Eagles bring back the Jeremiah Trotters more than once and why a team like the Dolphins has ted Ginn as their #1 WR.

Jets:
    We need o-lineman badly, we'll take the best two we can get.
    We need a CB, we want the best we can get.
    We see a great LB (Harris) we are going to go after him. (not a 1st rounder but close)
    We need a pass rusher, we'll take Gholston (oops)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Beerfish;3531185]This is what I find strange about teams, these seemingly self imposed rules of never drafting a certain position early. It's totally 100% retarded. This is why teams like the Eagles bring back the Jeremiah Trotters more than once and why a team like the Dolphins has ted Ginn as their #1 WR.

Jets:
    We need o-lineman badly, we'll take the best two we can get.
    We need a CB, we want the best we can get.
    We see a great LB (Harris) we are going to go after him. (not a 1st rounder but close)
    We need a pass rusher, we'll take Gholston (oops)[/QUOTE]

But that's assuming its really true. Are the Iggles truly against drafting a LB early or does it just seem that way because that's how its played out recently? I vividly recall Bit (and others) talking about how the Pats don't draft LBs early and then they subsequently took Mayo. Most teams are looking for players that will help them. I find it hard to believe that if a team has a deficiency in an area, it will adhere to some super-rigid construct that they have and stay away from that position.

Besides Al Davis, I dont' think any team or team exec is that stubborn.

Hall Of Fame

who doesn't want their o-linemen to be nasty and dirty?

this might be a whole new level though :D

[QUOTE=crasherino;3531210]But that's assuming its really true. Are the Iggles truly against drafting a LB early or does it just seem that way because that's how its played out recently? I vividly recall Bit (and others) talking about how the Pats don't draft LBs early and then they subsequently took Mayo. Most teams are looking for players that will help them. I find it hard to believe that if a team has a deficiency in an area, it will adhere to some super-rigid construct that they have and stay away from that position.

Besides Al Davis, I dont' think any team or team exec is that stubborn.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I don't think it is true in most cases that's why I dismiss that line of thinking. I also dismiss the old, never draft a RB from Penn State or Maryland etc.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3531103][B]Trade: The Jets trade Leon Washington to Green Bay for the 86th pick (3rd round)[/B][/QUOTE]

Draft looks good to me, but the San Francisco 49ers were the ONLY team (publicly) to show interest in Washington? I agree that a 3rd CAN get Washington, but Green Bay? They just re-signed Will Blackmon for return duties... Sure, Leon would add a different dynamic to the Packers' offense, but I haven't heard/seen them showing any interest? With the 49ers showing GM Scot McCloughan the door today, who knows what they are up to?

[QUOTE=King Ryan;3531212]who doesn't want their o-linemen to be nasty and dirty?

this might be a whole new level though :D[/QUOTE]

:snicker:

[QUOTE=Green Lantern 80;3531219]Draft looks good to me, but the San Francisco 49ers were the ONLY team (publicly) to show interest in Washington? I agree that a 3rd CAN get Washington, but Green Bay? They just re-signed Will Blackmon for return duties... Sure, Leon would add a different dynamic to the Packers' offense, but I haven't heard/seen them showing any interest? With the 49ers showing GM Scot McCloughan the door today, who knows what they are up to?[/QUOTE]

I did this for a couple of reasons. The Packers are projected to get a 3rd round compensatory pick, thus possibly freeing up their 3rd rounder to be moved.

Last year they had to bring back Ahman Green as a 3rd down back and even Ryan Grant is no beast for a RB. I projected them to use Leon as their 3rd down back.

All Pro
    I really like it. Would love to see Graham fall to 29. Like the trade with Leon and really like Tate in that spot, but if we do want a replacement for Leon, I'd like to get Jahvid Best or Joe McKnight in the 2nd and get Reshad Jones or Major Wright in the 3rd. But that's just my personal preference and I wouldn't complain about those picks.

Mike Neal is a guy who's kind of flying under the radar now. He had a very good Senior Bowl week and a solid combine. Stout DL guy to push DeVito this year and maybe take over for Ellis in the future.

Love the Sanders pick, but I have a feeling he's not still around in the 6th. I'd jump at it in a second though.

I do agree though that the Eagles won't take a LB in the 1st. The just don't value the position, perhaps to a fault. I don't expect that trend to change this year. But... they do really, really need a OLB in the worst way. I just see them taking an OL again, especially after Andrews was released.

Regarding the bizarre sibling sex story... is his sister 15 now, or when the deed actually happened? And if it was consensual, why is he the one on probation and a registered sex offender? She's just as twisted and deranged as he is if at age 15 she willingly let her brother's D enter her P.

And I wouldn't hold that against him at this point. He made a terrible, disgusting choice. But that was 5 years ago and he says he's done everything he can to move past that. It's not like he fell asleep drunk behind the wheel at a red light in Florida a few months ago.

He was 16 she was 15. In some states no matter what if you have sex with someone under a certain age you are labelled a sex offender.

[QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3531295]

Love the Sanders pick, but I have a feeling he's not still around in the 6th. I'd jump at it in a second though.

[/QUOTE]

I originally had the Jets taking Jacoby Ford earlier on. Sanders sounds like a bit of a dickhead and thus the drop. (Multiple team violations etc) I don't mind drafting the questionable character guys a bit later on as if they bomb out not such a big lose but they can really turn out well at times.

(Carl Nicks steal for New Orleans went in the 5th round (164) and if you recall he was much talked about on here at the time for his ability and his poor character.)

[QUOTE=Beerfish;3531316]He was 16 she was 15. In some states no matter what if you have sex with someone under a certain age you are labelled a sex offender.[/QUOTE]

It was his biological sister bro!! I don't care how old or w/e that is just gross man.

As for the mock, love it. Aside from some nitpick things like switch Neal for Linval Joseph possibly, take Mike Johnson in the 4th, and possibly Deji Karim in the 6th (though I have been on the Tate bandwagon since I saw him in like october-november so not really a huge complaint like i said nitpicking so that you have something to think about). Idk just personal preference. But really solid job man keep em coming :yes:

why teams dont draft certain positions

1) they got burnt

Tuna stays away from first round WR because of Keyshawn.
    Andy Reid doesn't want to take a defensive end because of Jerome McDougle getting shot. He probably wont take a guard in round 1 any time soon because of Shawn Andrews.

2) not valuing certain position from a salary cap (money) perspective.

historically, Pats dont value LB, Eagles dont value LBs, Jets dont value WR. Many teams dont value OG as highly as others. many GM wont take a first round safety on principle

Can teams go away from their history or bad experience, yes but it has to be just the right player.