Thread: Eric Smith signs tendered contract

Eric Smith signs tendered contract

And that's the news of the day folks...
    [QUOTE]nyjets EA: The Jets announced Thursday that veteran S Eric Smith has signed his tendered contract.[/QUOTE]

I would too before the Jets sign/draft another safety... :D

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Miracle In The Meadowlands;3531253]I would too before the Jets sign/draft another safety... :D[/QUOTE]:P

It took him this long to be an NFL safety, let's not dump him too quickly!

[QUOTE=Baddniss;3531320]noooooooo[/QUOTE]

Eric Smith is awesome and is gonna start this year Baddniss!

by the way ya know what this move tells me?

he didn't want to wait a month on the open market and sign it the last day possible, like the other Jets RFA.

Eric SMith wants to be a NY Jets player. HE's not getting a better opportunity anywhere else and he's not going to a stronger contender.

He's gonna beat out Brodney Pool and he's gonna start. Mark it down.

[QUOTE=bitonti;3531340]Eric Smith is awesome and is gonna start this year Baddniss!

he didn't want to wait a month on the open market and sign it the last day possible, like the other Jets RFA.

Eric SMith wants to be a NY Jets player. HE's not getting a better opportunity anywhere else and he's not going to a stronger contender.

He's gonna beat out Brodney Pool and he's gonna start. Mark it down.[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with this at all. Smith's got more HEART, than that whiner that left for the desert :yes:

All League
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3531340]Eric Smith is awesome and is gonna start this year Baddniss!

+1 Good Post

A lot of fans like to make a joke of Smith but this guy plays with heart and determination, he may not be the most talented player but the man plays and works harder than most to make up for it, I'll take Eric Smith over someone like Kerry Rhodes any day!

Good signing. Smith played extremely well last season.

[QUOTE=el_dub80;3531350]Nothing wrong with this at all. Smith's got more HEART, than that whiner that left for the desert :yes:[/QUOTE]

Good to have Smith back, no one misses the showboating p*ssy

TWO WHITE SAFETIES surely u jest sir, such a concept could never be feasible :D jk

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;3531386]+1 Good Post

A lot of fans like to make a joke of Smith but this guy plays with heart and determination, he may not be the most talented player but the man plays and works harder than most to make up for it, [B]I'll take Eric Smith over someone like Kerry Rhodes any day![/B][/QUOTE]

i was almost hunted down and killed for saying this before we traded rhodes. so glad he's sticking around. he's becoming a very valuable player, kinda like the other smith.

Jets Insider VIP
    rotation of Leonhard, Pool and Smith>>>>>>>>>>rotation of Leonhard, Sherry and Smith

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;3531350]Nothing wrong with this at all. Smith's got more [B]HEART[/B], than that whiner that left for the desert :yes:[/QUOTE]

"But if he only had a brain"

[IMG]http://radyananda.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/scarecrow2.jpg[/IMG]

And I'm only half-kidding...we've seen Smith do some pretty stupid stuff, not the least of which was the hit on Anquan Boldin in 2008 that got him fined.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3531589]And I'm only half-kidding...we've seen Smith do some pretty stupid stuff, not the least of which was the hit on Anquan Boldin in 2008 that got him fined.[/QUOTE]

granted, i'm biased, but i didn't think he needed to be fined for that. it was an unfortunate incident (a VERY unfortunate incident) that he had zero intension of doing. and really, it only happened because the jets player behind boldin pushed him down causing boldin's head to get in target range instead of his chest. imho, it was a perfect tackle attempt, especially considering it was in the endzone and eric would have knocked the ball out of his hands. just had a VERY unfortunate and scary result. total freak accident.

now just to mention, the worst "stupid mistake" i recall from eric would be watching him trip over himself down inside the 5 yard line against the chargers, which of course then resulted in a TD.

All League
    [QUOTE=Megalomaniac;3531662]granted, i'm biased, but i didn't think he needed to be fined for that. it was an unfortunate incident (a VERY unfortunate incident) that he had zero intension of doing. and really, it only happened because the jets player behind boldin pushed him down causing boldin's head to get in target range instead of his chest. imho, it was a perfect tackle attempt, especially considering it was in the endzone and eric would have knocked the ball out of his hands. just had a VERY unfortunate and scary result. total freak accident.

now just to mention, the worst "stupid mistake" i recall from eric would be watching him trip over himself down inside the 5 yard line against the chargers, which of course then resulted in a TD.[/QUOTE]

That player that pushed him down #...2...5

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetsVille51;3531884]That player that pushed him down #...2...5[/QUOTE]

:yes: