Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Curtis released by Eagles

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3531349]
    Reason being (for those who don't know), bitonti lives in Philly therefore he has seen more of Curtis than all of us put together, [/QUOTE]

thanks ham but to be clear if the eagles and jets are on at the same time i always watch the Jets ;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;3531352]I agree and that would be one less worry on draft day. Id love to see us go DL in rd 1 (or OLB) we must get a pass rusher supreme. Then a RB or CB in rd 2. The rest is gravy. id even take a punter with a big leg- Zolton Mesko, Michigan in rd 7 or a bit sooner.[/QUOTE]

Aren't you scared about us drafting a DE in the first round after our last mistake? I know I am. :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3531307]I wouldn't be so sure about that. At least Coles can stay on the field.

Not saying I want either one, but Curtis certainly has a lengthy injury history that I'd like to stay away from. It's always something new with this guy. I want no part of him.[/QUOTE]

+1, I'd much rather bring back Coles then go down the route with Curtis. He simply can't stay on the field anymore.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3531357]Oh Yeah, NO DOUBT, but you still see the Eagles more than all of us on this board[/QUOTE]

I've lived in Philly for 6, going on 7 years now. I see just about every game they play and he hasn't been the same guy because of the injuries.

It just doesn't make any sense to me to add a WR who can't run like he used to. He's 31 and just had knee surgery. How much speed do you think he lost in that? Speed is all he ever had, so a step or two is pretty much the end for him.

It would be a low risk addition, but I'd much rather find someone else. It's still early in the process.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3531281]I would rather have Curtis than Coles

I Just think Curtis has more left in the tank[/QUOTE]

I like Curtis but his health worries me bigtime, your only valuable if you can stay on the field.

Coles may not of had a great year with CIN (far from it) but is still a tough S.O.B. and plays through pain, also looked pretty good against us in the Wild Card Game, a lot better than any other WR on CIN.

I like Curtis in the slot for his speed and he has good hands, however Coles can make plays in traffic as well and is a lot less injury prone, not crazy about either at this stage in their respective careers but if I had to choose one I'd take Coles.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Curtis has been having groin/leg issues. Those are trouble for WRs. I don't think he's got much left. If he is healthy he'd work in the slot, though.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3531353]:D

Even Bit wants him on the Jets ;)[/QUOTE]

Bit is mixing up Kevin Curtis and Curtis Mayfield.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Greaser;3531279]I've read these three words in this order no less than a trillion times the last month.

LoL[/QUOTE]

... you must have only been on about every other day then! ;) ...

l_j_r

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3531287]Agreed, but we have to take some chances because of the final four rule. That's why we gambled on Pool, and IMO Curtis, who probably comes fairly cheap, would be worth the gamble as well.

HE CAN STILL PLAY if healthy

[B]Coles, OTOH, looked done[/B][/QUOTE]

I don't know about that Ham. Coles was the only wr on the Bengals that did anything against us. He made some damn good plays the last time we all saw him play. Scored a td and moved the chains on us. Made some really tough catches and aside from the close call fumble was flawless, and to honest scared the **** out of me that he was going to do us what Pennington did to us the year before.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    NO

thank you

and a provisional NO to all rubbish released by other franchises

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    In an uncapped year, why not give him a 1-year deal and see what he can do. The Jets really only have two reliable WR on the team right now with Edwards and Cotch, and signing him wouldn't preculde the Jets from drafting a WR. A WR unit of Edwards/Cotch/Draft Pick X/Curtis/B. Smith is pretty good and deep. We would definetly be able to get through an injury to one of the top two guys for a few games with that group.

And if he only plays in, say 10 games due to injuries, he'll be able to help us win those games that he does play.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;3531391]I like Curtis but his health worries me bigtime, your only valuable if you can stay on the field.

Coles may not of had a great year with CIN (far from it) but is still a tough S.O.B. and plays through pain, also looked pretty good against us in the Wild Card Game, a lot better than any other WR on CIN.

I like Curtis in the slot for his speed and he has good hands, however Coles can make plays in traffic as well and is a lot less injury prone, not crazy about either at this stage in their respective careers but if I had to choose one I'd take Coles.[/QUOTE]

I'm nervous about his injury issues too, but at this point in their careers, Curtis is a better risk than Coles is because his upside is a lot higher than LC's is IMO. You can always supplement Curtis with a guy like Shipley from Texas at the draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJ0815;3531656]I'm nervous about his injury issues too, but at this point in their careers, Curtis is a better risk than Coles is because his upside is a lot higher than LC's is IMO. You can always supplement Curtis with a guy like Shipley from Texas at the draft.[/QUOTE]

why does everyone like shipley so much? was i the only one that saw him drop practically everything at the combine?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3531631]Bit is mixing up Kevin Curtis and Curtis Mayfield.[/QUOTE]

lol that was good

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Megalomaniac;3531678]why does everyone like shipley so much? was i the only one that saw him drop practically everything at the combine?[/QUOTE]

Never saw the combine to be honest. I'm a husker fan and I've seen a LOT of Big XII football so I'm familiar with Shipley. I'm not saying he's the only acceptable slot guy out there, but he'd be a decent risk with a late 2 or even a 3 if we trade down.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KingofNY;3531359]Aren't you scared about us drafting a DE in the first round after our last mistake? I know I am. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Not sure of your point King. So, because the Ghost was a buist, we never take a DL early again? I'd love to see us go DL at 29...preferably a guy who can play De in our base and can also slide inside...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJ0815;3531710]Never saw the combine to be honest. I'm a husker fan and I've seen a LOT of Big XII football so I'm familiar with Shipley. I'm not saying he's the only acceptable slot guy out there, but he'd be a decent risk with a late 2 or even a 3 if we trade down.[/QUOTE]

huge husker fan, but i honestly don't watch the other big 12 games. and considering the big 12 championship was the first and only game he played against us (minus his freshmen season), i haven't seen a whole lot from him. but in that big 12 championship, and in the national championship, he looked pretty good.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Megalomaniac;3531770]huge husker fan, but i honestly don't watch the other big 12 games. and considering the big 12 championship was the first and only game he played against us (minus his freshmen season), i haven't seen a whole lot from him. but in that big 12 championship, and in the national championship, he looked pretty good.[/QUOTE]

Yes, unfortunately he was pretty good for UT. He did that most of the year for them. Now, was he a beneficiary of the scheme and a damn good college QB, yeah. But his hands are gonna be what makes him his bones in the pros obviously. I didn't see his combine workout, but I'd have no problem using a 2 (or 3 if we get one) on him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    he's actually been fairly productive in his career.. he's a little on the older side and id like to get a young talent for the slot, but i wouldnt be upset if we got him if he can prove he's healthy.. 2007 he had 1100 yards on 77 catches and 6 tds.. not a bad year at all

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chrebetfan80;3532066]he's actually been fairly productive in his career.. he's a little on the older side and id like to get a young talent for the slot, but i wouldnt be upset if we got him if he can prove he's healthy.. 2007 he had 1100 yards on 77 catches and 6 tds.. not a bad year at all[/QUOTE]

3 years and a few surgeries later, I don't think he's the same guy.