Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Curtis released by Eagles

Kevin Curtis released by Eagles

Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Eagles cut WR Kevin Curtis.

I think the jets could use him and get him for cheap after having 2 seasons of injuries.

sign this beast for the slot!

This would be a nice move in my opinion. Get this guy!

Curtis wouldn't make it through training camp w/o a season-ending injury.

Tim Dwight 2.0

[QUOTE=Johnny Rico;3531270]sign this beast...[/QUOTE]

I've read these three words in this order no less than a trillion times the last month.

LoL

Hall Of Fame
    Victim of a numbers game. Eagles already have a trio of very good receivers in Jackson, Maclin, and Avant. Curtis wasn't needed anymore and certainly wasn't worth the money he would have been making as a 4th receiver. I would like to see the Jets take a look at him.

washed up...no thanks

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3531281]I would rather have Curtis than Coles

I Just think Curtis has more left in the tank[/QUOTE]

Not that I want Coles either but based on what. He hasn't made an impact in two years. He has been hurt. but even before the injuries and the hot shot young talent he had become an afterthought on a relatively weak offensive team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Maybe but his Tank is leaking..:eek:

Even in his best year i think he only had about 70receptions and maybe 8 TDs and that was 3 years ago before his injuries, so by no means is he a beast. But i think he is a better option than coles.

A lot of people will say we could draft a WR in the first round but i think a DE is more important in the first round at this point and kevin curtis would be a nice substitute right now at slot.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3531299]I'm not saying he's Jerry Rice, PA, but I think he can still help us as a #3 WR out of the slot if healthy

The few times I've actually seen him on the field it looked to me like he still has some ability to make plays

Coles, OTOH, looked completely shot, and I think we're signing Coles if we don't sign somebody else, so I would rather take a shot on Curtis[/QUOTE]

+1
    The more veteran players the better for Sanchize.

Aldo, isnt Curtis more accustomed to playing in the slot than Coles?

[QUOTE=Johnny Rico;3531270]sign this beast for the slot![/QUOTE]

Agreed!

[QUOTE=sdJETSetter;3531302]+1
    The more veteran players the better for Sanchize.

Aldo, isnt Curtis more accustomed to playing in the slot than Coles?[/QUOTE]

Aldo who? Aldo Nova? :D

All Pro

I concur. Loved Coles as a Jet, but I'd much rather have Curtis at this point. Curtis has good speed, runs great routes and makes big plays. The big question is his health, but he's worth the risk on a 1 or 2 year deal. If healthy, Curtis would be a terrific slot receiver.

All Pro

I wouldn't be so sure about that. At least Coles can stay on the field.

Not saying I want either one, but Curtis certainly has a lengthy injury history that I'd like to stay away from. It's always something new with this guy. I want no part of him.

There will be another veteran WR available before the draft if that's the route they want to go. But no to Coles and no to Curtis for me. Both are just a waste of time and a roster spot IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3531299]I'm not saying he's Jerry Rice, PA, but I think he can still help us as a #3 WR out of the slot if healthy

The few times I've actually seen him on the field it looked to me like he still has some ability to make plays

Coles, OTOH, looked completely shot, and I think we're signing Coles if we don't sign somebody else, so I would rather take a shot on Curtis[/QUOTE]

Curtis is a white W/R that won't sit well with Bit and some others..:P

i agree hes worth a cheap signing and shot as our slot receiver..though slot receivers tend to get hit a little more..being over the middle and all..bbut for cheap? why not?

All League

+1 I totally agree.:yes:

this seems like an ideal player for the Jets to target... reliable, not all used up, could be a big time producer (had big years before)... injury prone but that also makes him cheap.

Kevin Curtis please

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3531343]this seems like an ideal player for the Jets to target... reliable, not all used up, could be a big time producer (had big years before)... injury prone but that also makes him cheap.

Kevin Curtis please[/QUOTE]

I agree and that would be one less worry on draft day. Id love to see us go DL in rd 1 (or OLB) we must get a pass rusher supreme. Then a RB or CB in rd 2. The rest is gravy. id even take a punter with a big leg- Zolton Mesko, Michigan in rd 7 or a bit sooner.