Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Herm Edwards: Cromartie the best athlete in the NFL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Herm Edwards: Cromartie the best athlete in the NFL

Today on NFL Live they were doing their 4 downs segment and the question was, "Who is the best ATHLETE in the NFL today", and Herm said Cromartie. Said his speed, strength, change of direction and body control are the best in the league today. Unfortunately he also said he is still a better athlete than football player right now.

Hope he plays up to his potential for the Jets. Hes been put in a great position, now he has to work to take advantage of it.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like Herm still likes the Jets, he's been very positive about them since getting the ESPN gig...good to see

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find it hard to take anything Herm says seriously, but I hope he's right about Cromartie.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If there are 1300 professional ballplayers across the nation in The NFL today, to be THE SINGLE BEST ATHLETE among that group, you have to be such a freakish AMAZING human specimen, its almost unbelieve-able.

To be the best athlete in any one given neighborhood is great.
    To be the best athlete in any one city is amazing
    To be the best athlete on a PRO team is beyond belief
    To be the best athlete in an entire PRO LEAGUE, you must physically be SUPERMAN.

I like that kind of trait in my CB's...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of people did say he had quite an amazing workout before the draft. He had to, because he did not play much in college and was still drafted in the first round.

The kid is a straight up physical freak. Apparently he can heave the ball 80 yards. Yeah, he'll never have to, but damn he's athletic.

Hopefully, he can put it all together. If Revis can rub some of his work ethic off on him, we're looking at the best defensive backfield in decades.

Until then, he's just another body that will have to man up the No. 2.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad Herm is giving Cromartie some recognition. And he is a tremendous athlete.

But my vote would have to be for either Calvin Johnson or Julius Peppers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    everyone loves herm... aslong as he's not the head coach!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    poor Cro,

Kiss o' death

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Herm-O picked a corner as the best athlete???? Shocking

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jet22dan;3531661]Herm-O picked a corner as the best athlete???? Shocking[/QUOTE]

LOL... nice, I didn't think of that angle until you said it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3531595]I'M NOT SURPRISED

Dennis Thurman called Antontio Cromartie's pre draft workouts the best he has ever seen ... said he and Rex walked away from that workout shaking their heads in disbelief, or something to that effect.

Thurman also called him the best athlete in the league ... said he worked out at WR too and was dominating the DB's, then threw a football 80 Yards for good measure.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware of any of this Chromartie workout talk and its good to know he has that going for him. I feel much better about him being a Jet. Thanks for the heads up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3531524]Today on NFL Live they were doing their 4 downs segment and the question was, "Who is the best ATHLETE in the NFL today", and Herm said Cromartie. Said his speed, strength, change of direction and body control are the best in the league today. Unfortunately he also said he is still a better athlete than football player right now.

Hope he plays up to his potential for the Jets. Hes been put in a great position, now he has to work to take advantage of it.[/QUOTE]

Who else did they mention for best athlete?

(I'm STILL laughing at your avatar )

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Herm Edwards is the Jerry Glanville of the new millenium.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he doesn't work out at CB let's just make him a wideout. Bomb it downfield and have him jump for it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lazy Bum;3531756]Herm Edwards is the Jerry Glanville of the new millenium.[/QUOTE]

Glanville used to leave a ticket for Elvis.. Hermie used to leave a chicken wing for the Tooth fairy..:yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3531593]I'm glad Herm is giving Cromartie some recognition. And he is a tremendous athlete.

But my vote would have to be for either Calvin Johnson or Julius Peppers.[/QUOTE]

Hard to judge for sure, but Peppers can' hang with the smaller guys athletically. Unless you size into account, and skew your perception, a 280 lb guy just can't do the things a smaller guy can athletically... just not possible.

There are a ton of DBs, RBs and WRs in the league that are better athletes than Peppers.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    what defines "atheletic"? I know Tiger Woods keeps winning this thing and I know everyone is on this guy's dick but come on? A golfer? Really?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jet22dan;3531661]Herm-O picked a corner as the best athlete???? Shocking[/QUOTE]

LOL. I thought Herm played Safety, not CB. Is that wrong?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3531595]I'M NOT SURPRISED

Dennis Thurman called Antontio Cromartie's pre draft workouts the best he has ever seen ... said he and Rex walked away from that workout shaking their heads in disbelief, or something to that effect.

Thurman also called him the best athlete in the league ... said he worked out at WR too and was dominating the DB's, then threw a football 80 Yards for good measure.[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of the way Deon Sanders was an UNREAL athlete...even played MLB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3531788]what defines "atheletic"? I know Tiger Woods keeps winning this thing and I know everyone is on this guy's dick but come on? A golfer? Really?[/QUOTE]

I agree. And the fact that they give him props more than Federer who is as close to unbeatable as you can get. It's disrespectful IMO but hey, Tiger is a marketing machine and that's all it is... well he was before all P{}ssyGate.
    Last edited by southside; 03-19-2010 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Before all the poontang that is :)