Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Herm Edwards: Cromartie the best athlete in the NFL

Which makes Vernon Gholston the second best athlete in the NFL.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Crease29;3531818]Which makes Vernon Gholston the second best athlete in the NFL.[/QUOTE]

well played..congratulations..this thread will now reach 11 pages.

What more could you ask for in a #2 CB? This guy has unbelieavable athletic ability and now has one of the best (maybe the best) defensive coaching staff coaching him. He'll be working with the best CB in football and a great DB coach in Dennis Thurman. I think Cromartie is going to snag 5-8 INts next year and a couple TDs with them since once he gets the ball in his hands he can make a play.

Hes the type of player that Rex likes, someone that can get the ball when he pressures the QB and then return it for 6. Yeah hes soft with tackling, but at CB I am less concern about that. I want him to get a little tougher but still the coverage ability is what we need, the playmaking ability. He doesn't even have to be shutdown since there isn't many in football, just be a playmaker that we lacked. When teams stop throwing at Revis we need a guy that can create the turnovers and hold his man, that is what Cromartie is.

We have the best CB tandem in football without a doubt in my mind, it will show so during the season. Just need to add some more depth since you need to have a lot of good CBs in a passing league like we are in.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=NY State of Mind;3531525]Seems like Herm still likes the Jets, he's been very positive about them since getting the ESPN gig...good to see[/QUOTE]

Why shouldn't he?

The Jets gave him his 1st job, gave him an extension after 2 season, and then let him leave to make more money with the Chiefs than he was with the Jets.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Mikey Z 6;3531596]everyone loves herm... aslong as he's not the head coach![/QUOTE]

oh c'mon. he wasn't that bad. jesus, heartless basterds you guys are towards ex-coaches.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3531524] the question was, "Who is the best ATHLETE in the NFL today", and [b]Herm said Cromartie.[/b] [/QUOTE]

The kiss of death! :eek:

All League
    Cromartie may just be the best offseason move made by any NFL team along with Boldin to BAL IMO, time will tell but this guy is gonna bring our already #1 Defense to the next level.

I always like Herman Edwards, the guy was a great motivater and even though he sucked with managing the clock and can be too concervite at times his teams were always very good with penalities and turnovers, which if Rex can improve on (especially penalties) we will be very tough to beat next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Paradis;3531840]oh c'mon. he wasn't that bad. jesus, heartless basterds you guys are towards ex-coaches.[/QUOTE]

In that case neither was Kotite who had a better record then Hermie did in his 3 years with the Eagles.. And Carroll had a better record then Hermie with the Pats..:yes:

I remember this past season Lito Sheppard had so many opportunities for INTs but just couldn't hold onto the ball or saw it too late. I really think Cromartie should be able to fix this.

[QUOTE=jet22dan;3531661]Herm-O picked a corner as the best athlete???? Shocking[/QUOTE]

Even to have called him the best corner in football woulda been great. Herm cut his teeth as a secondary coach, so I trust his assessment of talent in the secondary.

He has coached some gamers while with the Bucs. He was pretty stout in the secondary himself. Coupled with the fact that Thurman, who as I recall also played in the secondary for the COwboys and was also pretty good himself, also felt that Cromartie was money I am good.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3531788]what defines "atheletic"? I know Tiger Woods keeps winning this thing and I know everyone [B]sucked[/B] this guy's dick but come on? A golfer? Really?[/QUOTE]

Fixed

All League
    [QUOTE=Crease29;3531818]Which makes Vernon Gholston the second best athlete in the NFL.[/QUOTE]

+1. I'm not buying into all this hype til I see him perform on the field CONSISTANTLY. There is a reason SD gave him up for a 3rd round pick. Hopefully they were wrong for doing so.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Thats great Herm, but I'm looking for football players.

All League
    [QUOTE=quantum;3531740]Who else did they mention for best athlete?

(I'm STILL laughing at your avatar )[/QUOTE]

Matt Millen named Julius Peppers, Shawn Rogers, and Tony Gonzalez. I don't think he understood the question.

Larry Fitzgerald is the man.