Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crumpler and NE

[QUOTE=sg3;3531757]so you agree that 2006, 2007 and 2008 completely sucked

well, at least you are making progress...

oh and BTW the Jets drafted an elite franchise quarterback and a stud running back in 2009, two picks nobody in football would trade for those questionmarks, potentials and maybes you listed[/QUOTE]

So you admit you were just blowing smoke when you included 2009?

2006-2008 weren't great drafts to say the least, but they did come away with Mayo, Gostkowski, O'Callaghan, Maroney (not the bust you make him out to be), and Meriweather, hardly the wipe-out you make it out to be.

oh and BTW, let's see what the "franchise" QB does in season 2 before you annoint him as the second coming. As of now he's the 28th worst QB in the league statistically. And the same goes for your "stud" RB. Lets see if he can stay on the field when he's asked to be the feature back. You better hope he doesn't get a hangnail, he may be out for the season.

Oh, and do the world a favor and take your own advice. GKY (and do it slowwwwwwwwly)

Hall Of Fame
    this is a good signing for the pats, won't add much but he is a body who can still catch.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3531812]So you admit you were just blowing smoke when you included 2009?

2006-2008 weren't great drafts to say the least, [B]but they did come away with Mayo, Gostkowski, O'Callaghan, Maroney [/B](not the bust you make him out to be), and Meriweather, hardly the wipe-out you make it out to be.

oh and BTW, let's see what the "franchise" QB does in season 2 before you annoint him as the second coming. As of now he's the 28th worst QB in the league statistically. And the same goes for your "stud" RB. Lets see if he can stay on the field when he's asked to be the feature back. You better hope he doesn't get a hangnail, he may be out for the season.

Oh, and do the world a favor and take your own advice. GKY (and do it slowwwwwwwwly)[/QUOTE]

just gonna give my opinion, don't be pissed if it doesn't suit yours

mayo = vilma clone, solid rookie year, not much since I know he was injured but just saying. B

Gostkowski = made everyone forget about Vinatiari, has been money. I really like the Ghost = B+

O'Callahan = gotta admit..who? he must be a line man and it's tough to give an honest assesment of a lineman you rarely see. N/A

Maroney = Honestly, I think he stinks. He shoulda been and should be much better than he is but is a mere afterthought on the Patriots. When I see Brady hand the ball off I'm licking my chops. C

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3531745]I love it when you post because everytime you open your mouth you prove you know nothing at all.

The 2009 draft was actually a pretty good one there, genius. Edelman, Vollmer, Butler, Tate, Pryor, and Chung are all pretty solid players. Hardly a whiff there.[/QUOTE]

Nice job forgetting to include Ron Brace, who sucks. Tate didn't even play and Chung showed zip.

All League
    His stats dropped off after leaving his offensive system. He was also Vick's safety blanket...

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetsVille51;3531879]His stats dropped off after leaving his offensive system. He was also Vick's safety blanket...[/QUOTE]

troof

[QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3531834]just gonna give my opinion, don't be pissed if it doesn't suit yours

mayo = vilma clone, solid rookie year, not much since I know he was injured but just saying. B

Gostkowski = made everyone forget about Vinatiari, has been money. I really like the Ghost = B+

O'Callahan = gotta admit..who? he must be a line man and it's tough to give an honest assesment of a lineman you rarely see. N/A

Maroney = Honestly, I think he stinks. He shoulda been and should be much better than he is but is a mere afterthought on the Patriots. When I see Brady hand the ball off I'm licking my chops. C[/QUOTE]

I never get pissed at another's contrary opinion if said without insults, name-calling, and baiting, and yours included none of that.

You're grades are a bit tough but I agree with the essence of your post. Mayo was hurt for most of last year, so a B is probably correct. Most expect him to return to '07 form this year.

Gostkowski has been terrific and deserves an A. Accurate on FGs and a strong leg on KOs. Vinitieri never got his kickoffs into the endzone and Gostowski often does. One of the best moves made by the FO in some time.

Maroney has been a disappointment given his draft position, but I wouldn't say he stinks. His avg. is 3.9 YPC, not stellar, but not awful. Usually very surehanded, his goal-line fumbles this year probably have the Pats looking elsewhere.

Given the number of picks the Pats had over this time, their drafts certainly should have produced better results, but it's hardly the wipe-out that many here characterize it to be. This is especially true when you factor in getting Moss and Welker for 3 low draft picks, probably the biggest steal this decade.

[QUOTE=JetsOptimist;3531856]Nice job forgetting to include Ron Brace, who sucks. Tate didn't even play and Chung showed zip.[/QUOTE]

I didn't "forget" the players you mentioned. But why would I include them in a list of GOOD players that were drafted by the Pats? That would be stupid, no? Would YOU include Gholston in a list of FO successes?

Banned
    [QUOTE=JetsOptimist;3531856]Nice job forgetting to include Ron Brace, who sucks. Tate didn't even play and Chung showed zip.[/QUOTE]

We'll find out how badly Brace sucks this season. He was slow developing and picking up his assignments last year. He wasn't a first round pick like Ghostson :eek:

Tate was coming off surgery and got injured again. Pats didn't want to push it so he was shelved. We'll see what the risk/reward is for grabbing Tate in the second round is this year.

Chung did fine. He's a hitter. 37 tackles, an INT and 2 sacks. Like to know what you expect from a rookie ? Pats are fine at S.

Vollmer,Edelman, Ingram, Pryor are welcome rookie additions. McKenzie didn't even get a chance to show what he could do after an injury in camp IR'd him.

Add 4 early picks to that list and Pats future isn't as bleak as many picture it to be.

[QUOTE=sg3;3531697]I don't think so[/QUOTE]

:banban::banban::banban::banban::banban:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DIPmVLKHB0[/url]

not for nothing but maroney was hardly able to start in from the other fossil's the patsoes had at rb.

vollmer? he'll probably challnge matt light this year at tackle. brady doesn't want anymore matador pass protection.

Ignoring the *****-fest for a minute... Crumpler is okay, probably replaces Baker. But they still need more out of the TE position then just that. My guess is they still have to draft someone.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3531919]Ignoring the *****-fest for a minute... Crumpler is okay, probably replaces Baker. But they still need more out of the TE position then just that. My guess is they still have to draft someone.[/QUOTE]

Correct. A pass catching TE will be on the radar for Pats. Some good prospects this year.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPsOLppDsFk[/url]

[QUOTE=Ven0m;3531919]Ignoring the *****-fest for a minute... Crumpler is okay, probably replaces Baker. But they still need more out of the TE position then just that. My guess is they still have to draft someone.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Crumpler will be expected to provide blocking and nothing more. They still need a pass catching end either through the draft, or there's rumors of a trade with Chicago for Olsen.

what year was that when the bellichicken drafted 4 tights ends? how many of those guys are still in football let alone on the patsies?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3531927]Yes. Crumpler will be expected to provide blocking and nothing more. They still need a pass catching end either through the draft, or there's rumors of a trade with Chicago for Olsen.[/QUOTE]

Crumpler is the kind of guy that if you don't pay attention to will hurt you bad. He's not what he used to be and shouldn't be the main receiving option at TE, but he can still be effective in the red zone.

Certainly doesn't cure all the Pats TE defeciencies, but its a step.

Banned
    Don't think TE has been an offensive weapon for Pats since Big Ben Coates.

[QUOTE=FauxJet07;3531961]Don't think TE has been an offensive weapon for Pats since Big Ben Coates.[/QUOTE]

Not for lack of trying.:rolleyes:

Banned
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3531978]Not for lack of trying.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Not every team can have a Tony Gonzales on their roster :)

Watson had great speed, couldn't seem to consistently get open, and when he did, no hands.:steamin:

Hall Of Fame

They now have a washed up TE

Crumpler's stats the last four seasons:

[QUOTE] Receiving Rushing
    Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Att Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G YScm RRTD Fmb AV
    2006*29 ATL TE 83 16 16 56 780 13.9 8 46 3.5 48.8 780 8 0 10
    2007 30 ATL TE 83 14 10 42 444 10.6 5 55 3.0 31.7 444 5 0 4
    2008 31 TEN TE 83 15 15 24 257 10.7 1 28 1.6 17.1 257 1 1 4
    [B]2009 32 TEN 83 12 27 222 8.2 1 27 2.3 18.5 222 1[/B] [/QUOTE]
    :eek:

Talk about a player in decline! Patsie fans you don't have a leg to stand on if you want to bash the Jets for the LT move.

Nice signing New England :rolleyes:

Banned
    Veteran blocker, wide body, tall RZ target. :)

Buy a clue.:rolleyes:

Pats will draft a top 3 or 4 pass catching TE in April :yes: