Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 54

Thread: Crumpler and NE

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,837

    Crumpler and NE

    I didn't see this posted anywhere on JI. Not that anybody here cares, but according to the Fan house, TE Alge Crumpler signed with the Patriots today, good for them now they have a tigh end.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,848
    Nice pickup for them. He's getting old but I think he'll be productive in their offense.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,146
    They are getting desperate

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,998
    wow


    the pattycakes have managed to actually downgrade from the already bottom of the barrel Chris Baker at TE

  5. #5
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Langhorne, PA
    Posts
    191
    Darn, the gap is narrowing again.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jerzey
    Posts
    5,698
    deeep threat

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,998
    deep threat??

    Crumpler is older and slower than FauxJet07 and fatter than FF2

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    deeep threat
    Crumpler is is NOT a deep threat. He is slow as molasses and overweight. A mere shadow of himself in his better days with Atlanta.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Riverside, Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,744
    and the Patriots answer back in Free Agency with a VENGEANCE!!!! Look out AFC East!!

    ~ They've been adding veteran TE's over the past few years trying to establish the position with play-makers and blockers, but have yet to find one that sticks.... Decnet signing though..

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    deep threat??

    Crumpler is older and slower than FauxJet07 and fatter than FF2
    Please leave me out of your posts as I do not include you in mine.

    Calling me out like that is a clear violation of the TOS.

    Thanks.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Broomfield, CO
    Posts
    2,472
    As slow as he is, he's still a mismatch in the endzone and will probably catch 6 TDs with Brady throwing to him.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,079
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Please leave me out of your posts as I do not include you in mine.

    Calling me out like that is a clear violation of the TOS.

    Thanks.
    LOL

    In any event, good signing by the Pats considering they had no other options available except Bubba Franks.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,998
    I don't think so

    at his current size/speed ratio, it will take him 11 seconds to get from the 2 yard line to the endzone and even Brady won't get that much time in the pocket even with the Refs never seeing an offensive holding call by a pattycake

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,875
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I don't think so

    at his current size/speed ratio, it will take him 11 seconds to get from the 2 yard line to the endzone and even Brady won't get that much time in the pocket even with the Refs never seeing an offensive holding call by a pattycake
    What a shame the Pats can't have someone as knowlegable as you to coach the team. Sucks that they are stuck with a HC who doesn't know squat about players or football in general.


    I always look forward to your next intelligent, informative, fair-minded and informative post.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Section 8
    Posts
    1,037
    At least Pats actually have a TE signed. Whether he's a starter, backup or camp fodder remains to seen. Maybe he rejuvenates his stats in NE.

    Why would this even make it to a JETS message board?

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    3,841
    Public service to resident Pasts* fans



  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Patrollie View Post
    What a shame the Pats can't have someone as knowlegable as you to coach the team. Sucks that they are stuck with a HC who doesn't know squat about players or football in general.

    agreed

    clearly based on his drafts of 2006-2009, your beloved pyschotic HC Queegachick doesn't know squat about personnel

    glad to see you are finally seeing the light, Vinny

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,875
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    agreed

    clearly based on his drafts of 2006-2009, your beloved pyschotic HC Queegachick doesn't know squat about personnel

    glad to see you are finally seeing the light, Vinny
    I love it when you post because everytime you open your mouth you prove you know nothing at all.

    The 2009 draft was actually a pretty good one there, genius. Edelman, Vollmer, Butler, Tate, Pryor, and Chung are all pretty solid players. Hardly a whiff there.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,998
    so you agree that 2006, 2007 and 2008 completely sucked

    well, at least you are making progress...


    oh and BTW the Jets drafted an elite franchise quarterback and a stud running back in 2009, two picks nobody in football would trade for those questionmarks, potentials and maybes you listed

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Patrollie View Post
    I love it when you post because everytime you open your mouth you prove you know nothing at all.

    The 2009 draft was actually a pretty good one there, genius. Edelman, Vollmer, Butler, Tate, Pryor, and Chung are all pretty solid players. Hardly a whiff there.
    Vollmer is an absolute beast. Great pick. I think AC is close to done, and I think Baker is a prety decent player, so happy to see a downgrade there.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us