Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Asomougha Trade Theorycrafting Discussion (NO Actual Facts)

Asomougha Trade Theorycrafting Discussion (NO Actual Facts)

Once again, this is unverified and may be totally fake (from an "insider" member on a Raiders message board), but I found it interesting enough to discuss.

Apparently, there was a 3 way trade in talks.

[I]Raiders- McNabb and a Jets LB
    Jets- Asomugha
    Eagles- Jets 1st [/I]

If that LB was David Harris, then thank god Davis backed out.

If true:

Giving up a first and Harris would have been inexcusable. Al Davis is a senile idiot for backing out.

an "insider" member on a Raiders message board just means he has served less than 10 years in a jail. a regular member on a Raiders message board has served over 10 years, so I would not believe this rumor at all.

If it were Gholston? Al Davis is old and senile, but he still has a good track record behind him.

So, somewhere beneath that old far brain of his has to be some sort of common sense?

read that also, supposedly the Guy has a lot of credibility on the board, and has had certain inside info ( Garcia signing last year, DHB pick, Wimbley trade) wasnt just a random poster, the unnamed LB had to be Gholston, thats why AL backed out.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Cack89;3531539]read that also, supposedly the Guy has a lot of credibility on the board, and has had certain inside info ( Garcia signing last year, DHB pick, Wimbley trade) wasnt just a random poster, the unnamed LB had to be Gholston, thats why AL backed out.[/QUOTE]

So Gholston + 1st round pick for Aso? Sign me up.

I'm assuming this fell thru BEFORE the Jets got Cro?

[QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;3531540]So Gholston + 1st round pick for Aso? Sign me up.

I'm assuming this fell thru BEFORE the Jets got Cro?[/QUOTE]

yes for sure, Al DEF didnt want Gholston, jets probably didnt want to give up much more, def would NOT give up Harris, also the LB could have been B.T .... i just guess we will never know.

Although im very happy with Cromartie for a 3rd. Lets us draft BPA or WR at 29

All League
    [QUOTE=Tyjets212;3531538]If it were Gholston? Al Davis is old and senile, but he still has a good track record behind him.

So, somewhere beneath that old far brain of his has to be some sort of common sense?[/QUOTE]

That trade actually would of worked out as long as the second linebacker wasn't Harris. The Raiders desperately need a QB and McNabb would probably be a good candidate to do it. If this is true, too bad Davis pulled it because it would of been an awesome trade for all teams IMO.

Wow, thinking of having Asomougha and Revis playing side by side gives me the chills. I'm still happy with Revis and Cromartie, but Revis and Asomougha sounds much, much better. That's the kind of deal that will sell PSL's without a doubt.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Cack89;3531541]yes for sure, Al DEF didnt want Gholston, jets probably didnt want to give up much more, def would NOT give up Harris, also the LB could have been B.T .... i just guess we will never know.

Although im very happy with Cromartie for a 3rd. Lets us draft BPA or WR at 29[/QUOTE]

I'd still do a 1st and BT for Aso. Harris I agree is pretty much untouchable. Fun to think about though, these trades that never happen.

All Pro
    link to board?

[QUOTE=KingofNY;3531542]That trade actually would of worked out as long as the second linebacker wasn't Harris. The Raiders desperately need a QB and McNabb would probably be a good candidate to do it. If this is true, too bad Davis pulled it because it would of been an awesome trade for all teams IMO.

Wow, thinking of having Asomougha and Revis playing side by side gives me the chills. I'm still happy with Revis and Cromartie, but Revis and Asomougha sounds much, much better. That's the kind of deal that will sell PSL's without a doubt.[/QUOTE]

Revis, Cromartie, Current LB Corps > Revis, Asomugha, Current LBs minus Bart Scott or Calvin Pace.

Hall Of Fame
    When I was little, I was being a brat around my birthday. To punish me, my father told me after I opened my gift (I think it was an aquarium, great gift) that I was going to get a Nintendo but I had been a bad kid. Before I realized that my dad was a lying bastard, I remember the feeling of loss that resulted from knowing what could have been.

That's how I feel now.

If that LB was any player other than Harris, curse Al Davis a million times.

Even if this is as fake as the Nintendo, this makes me feel ill.

How does Philly get a 1st for McNabb?

All League
    [QUOTE=Tyjets212;3531545]Revis, Cromartie, Current LB Corps > Revis, Asomugha, Current LBs minus Bart Scott or Calvin Pace.[/QUOTE]

:towel_wav :wavey: :wave2: Bye Calvin Pace, thanks for your hard work and dedication. Hello Asomugha meet Revis and the rest of the team.

We would have the two best corners in the league without a doubt. Who's to say we couldn't trade or draft another LB? Having the two best corners in the league would make any Coach in the league wet his pants.

I'd bet if you gave Rex the option of Asomugha in place of our 29th pick and Calvin Pace he would of done it in a heartbeat, no questions asked.

All League
    [QUOTE=The Paranoid Jet;3531546]When I was little, I was being a brat around my birthday. To punish me, my father told me after I opened my gift (I think it was an aquarium, great gift) that I was going to get a Nintendo but I had been a bad kid. Before I realized that my dad was a lying bastard, I remember the feeling of loss that resulted from knowing what could have been.

That's how I feel now.

If that LB was any player other than Harris, curse Al Davis a million times.

Even if this is as fake as the Nintendo, this makes me feel ill.[/QUOTE]

LOL, nice analogy, I felt the same way.

Jets Insider VIP
    we already have the two best corners in the league without a doubt

[QUOTE=KingofNY;3531580]:towel_wav :wavey: :wave2: Bye Calvin Pace, thanks for your hard work and dedication. Hello Asomugha meet Revis and the rest of the team.

We would have the two best corners in the league without a doubt. Who's to say we couldn't trade or draft another LB? Having the two best corners in the league would make any Coach in the league wet his pants.

I'd bet if you gave Rex the option of Asomugha in place of our 29th pick and Calvin Pace he would of done it in a heartbeat, no questions asked.[/QUOTE]

Rex strikes me as a guy who like LB's more than CB's.

He had/has Ray Lewis, Adalius Thomas, Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, David Harris, Terrel Suggs, etc.

Not to mention if we traded Pace, our OLB would be weak.

All League
    [QUOTE=sg3;3531583]we already have the two best corners in the league without a doubt[/QUOTE]

I don't think you are right. It would be right to say we have the best corner and the most athletic corner in the league.

It would also be right to say we have the best CB tandem in the league.

When it comes to the CB position, its not all about stats. Teams don't even bother to throw to the receiver Aso is covering. Although they are cautious, teams will throw in the direction of Cromartie. IMO Asomugha > Cromartie, no doubt about it. :yes:

All League
    [QUOTE=Tyjets212;3531585]Rex strikes me as a guy who like LB's more than CB's.

He had/has Ray Lewis, Adalius Thomas, Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, David Harris, Terrel Suggs, etc.

Not to mention if we traded Pace, our OLB would be weak.[/QUOTE]

I think he would find a way to work around losing pace. I mean we lost our NT last year (which is the anchor of the 3-4) and we still made out just fine. Maybe your right, I don't personally know what Rex is thinking. But I think most coaches in the league would give up their first and a guy like pace to create a duo like Revis and Aso. It's way easier to find a good LB than it is to find a good shutdown corner. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    thankfully that trade has been squashed.... Harris or Pace AND a number 1 for that corner is just plain stupid.

We got Cromartie for a 3 or maybe a 2 a year away, for godsake