Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UPDATE: Jets sign LBer Lance Laury (merged)

All League
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3532305]Yeah. So good he wasn't even tendered by his own team. But what the hell do they know? They shoulda read the same article as you did I guess.[/QUOTE]

Don't hate that the only pickups your Cheatriots made were a washed up Alge Crumpler and David Patten and resigning Wilfork and Faulk. Your guys off-season has been terrible. Sorry man, Its all good...I would be frustrated too if you guys were making a bunch of good moves and we were sitting around with our thumbs up our @$$. It's ok though, its about time for the Pats to take a seat and let the Jets take the throne. Next time you want to comment about our acquisitions, make sure your own team isn't picking up garbage. :D

[QUOTE=KingofNY;3532376]Don't hate that the only pickups your Cheatriots made were a washed up Alge Crumpler and David Patten and resigning Wilfork and Faulk. Your guys off-season has been terrible. Sorry man, Its all good...I would be frustrated too if you guys were making a bunch of good moves and we were sitting around with our thumbs up our @$$. It's ok though, its about time for the Pats to take a seat and let the Jets take the throne. Next time you want to comment about our acquisitions, make sure your own team isn't picking up garbage. :D[/QUOTE]

Funny, I'd be more frustrated at 41 years and counting of total mediocrity and lost seasons than I would be at my team not signing big name FAs in the offseason. But that's just me.

Enjoy another in a long line of off-season championships. Who knows, maybe some day all of your FA acquisitions will actually result in your team, you know, actually winning something.

i know zero about him./...but i've read really good things and we need a guy like him BADLY...

We need a ST leader and ST simply cannot be overlooked.

good job Tanny...

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3532412]Funny, I'd be more frustrated at 41 years and counting of total mediocrity and lost seasons than I would be at my team not signing big name FAs in the offseason. But that's just me.

Enjoy another in a long line of off-season championships. Who knows, maybe some day all of your FA acquisitions will actually result in your team, you know, actually winning something.[/QUOTE]

i think your argument is ridiculous....the jets have improved every season and were 1 game away from the superbowl only to have improved even more to this point in the offseason...

you and i both know the nfl is a year to year sport..we can rehash the last 41 years or we can talk about last year and the moves that have been made to set up next year..

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;3532455]i think your argument is ridiculous....the jets have improved every season and were 1 game away from the superbowl only to have improved even more to this point in the offseason...

you and i both know the nfl is a year to year sport..we can rehash the last 41 years or we can talk about last year and the moves that have been made to set up next year..[/QUOTE]

I can make the argument that the Jets have taken a step backward in letting too many good players leave, while the Pats having re-signed it's core have done a better job this off-season. It'll never fly here so I won't bother.

Yes, the NFL is all about year-to-year, but we fans are all about our short lifetimes, and in mine, I've witnessed 5 SBs. To me, the "almost made it the SB" years are irrelevant, and we had several of those as well.

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3532458]I can make the argument that the Jets have taken a step backward in letting too many good players leave, while the Pats having re-signed it's core have done a better job this off-season. It'll never fly here so I won't bother.

Yes, the NFL is all about year-to-year, but we fans are all about our short lifetimes, and in mine, I've witnessed 5 SBs. To me, the "almost made it the SB" years are irrelevant, and we had several of those as well.[/QUOTE]

i do think the jets have let some players go from last year...i mean thats obvious...but they have also replaced them with players that are going to fit our system and current situation and accumulated some picks in the process....

to be honest i'd rather not get into the jets pats argument its going to get us both nowhere...

so lets just agree to disagree :yes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3532345]Seriously, PaTROLLie needs a vacation.

He was a great ST's player a-hole, a team captain, twice, still a relatively young player, Seattle fans don't like to see him go, looks like Tanny and the Jets picked up a ST's gem.

It must kill Pat fans that the Jets front office are building the roster with the talent they are, and the way they're doing it.

Meanwhile, BB continues to pick up gems like Geriatric Crumpler, Bodden, and bringing back David Patten.

I can see their frustration[/QUOTE]

I have read where he is a standout special teams player, normally those guys are not tendered. But he is one of the dumber trolls I guess thats why he is a [URL="http://www.dumbpatsie*fan.com"]www.dumbpatsie*fan.com[/URL] reject

All Pro
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;3532466]i do think the jets have let some players go from last year...i mean thats obvious...but they have also replaced them with players that are going to fit our system and current situation and accumulated some picks in the process....

to be honest i'd rather not get into the jets pats argument its going to get us both nowhere...

so lets just agree to disagree :yes:[/QUOTE]

What player have the Jets let go that they wanted to keep? The Jets could have kept TJ but replaced him with LT who cares what Vinny the [URL="http://www.dumbpatsie*fan.com/"][COLOR=#1d3923]www.dumbpatsie*fan.com[/COLOR][/URL] reject has to say. They nicely replaced Murrel with a better player in Laury and Wallace Wright is not a indispensable player . I have a lot of confidence in what Coach Westhoff can do then what Vinny the idiot has to say.

[QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3532491]I have read where he is a standout special teams player, normally those guys are not tendered. But he is one of the dumber trolls I guess thats why he is a [URL="http://www.dumbpatsie*fan.com"]www.dumbpatsie*fan.com[/URL] reject[/QUOTE]

Ok, SG4.....

[IMG]http://trinitypastor.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/broken_record.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://ttoes.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/dunce-cap.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    nice signing of a ST LB guy probably an upgrade over Izzo

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sg3;3532505]nice signing of a ST LB guy probably an upgrade over Izzo[/QUOTE]

The only thing Izzo accomplished in 2009 was costing us the Miami game.

[QUOTE=JetsFan 51;3532235]Jets sign former Seahawks special teams ace Laury
    Associated Press

Friday, Mar. 19, 2010 - 8:30 p.m. ET

NEW YORK -- The New York Jets have signed former Seattle Seahawks linebacker and special teams captain Lance Laury.

Laury was a restricted free agent who wasn't tendered by Seattle, where he spent his first four seasons. He had 21 tackles and one forced fumble on special teams last season.

He'll help bolster a Jets unit that has already lost special teams standouts Wallace Wright to the Carolina Panthers and Marques Murrell to the New England Patriots. They also could be without Larry Izzo, a free agent whose status is uncertain after a season-ending spine injury.

Laury was signed by Seattle as an undrafted free agent out of South Carolina in 2006.

[/QUOTE]

ok

Question to all "BPA" knuckleheads...

Do you still think we are signing people on a "BPA basis" or is Tanny signing players specifically to fill holes (and needs) on the team?

Think hard!

We lose Wallace Wright & Murrell on special teams, Izzo will retire from Special Teams...we have a HOLE there...we sign Laury who twice led Seahawks in ST tackles and was their ST CAPTAIN the last 2 seasons...

Filling a hole, or BPA ????

(You actually think that Lance Laury is the BPA in the market?... R.U. high while typing this response?)

BPA is a totally DEAD concept, not used by the Jets today (thank God). You will see more evidence of this when Draft Day comes....
    Last edited by Baddniss; 03-20-2010 at 05:48 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Baddniss;3532585]ok

Question to all "BPA" knuckleheads...

Do you still think we are signing people on a "BPA basis" or is Tanny signing players specifically to fill holes (and needs) on the team?

Think hard!

We lose Wallace Wright & Murrell on special teams, Izzo will retire from Special Teams...we have a HOLE there...we sign Laury who twice led Seahawks in ST tackles and was their ST CAPTAIN the last 2 seasons...

Filling a hole, or BPA ????

(You actually think that Lance Laury is the BPA in the market)

BPA is a totally DEAD concept, not used by the Jets today (thank God). You will see more evidence of this when Draft Day comes....[/QUOTE]

What the hell is this post?

BPA is exclusively a draft concept. It stems from twin premises: first, that you don't know really who will bust and who will not, and second that overall scouts do a good job in projecting success not in individual cases but as an amalgamation of work. BPA works in drafting because you just go with the player your scout says is the best and over time you'll have developed a fine team.

Neither premise is present in free agency - the players have typically already developed best they will and "free agency" busts are rare and are usually caused by players packing in once they cash out as opposed to weaknesses getting exposed.

BPA in free agency would be a Madden game. Sign the six best players on the list. No one has ever done this before (maybe the Redskins?).

This post was the king of straw men: attack a concept that you don't understand by deploying it in a context where it has never appeared.

[QUOTE=The Paranoid Jet;3532608]BPA is exclusively a draft concept.
    .[/QUOTE]

Totally wrong. Very narrow-minded thinking. Widen your horizons.

Additionally, BPA is just as worthless as a concept in the draft as it is in FA.
    Its dealing with the ACQUISITION of new players, and it simply is an old & outdated concept from 30-40 years ago. Thank God Tanny doesnt embrace this flawed (BPA) concept and will be drafting directly "for need" . You'll see...

[QUOTE=Baddniss;3532704]Totally wrong. Very narrow-minded thinking. Widen your horizons.

Additionally, BPA is just as worthless as a concept in the draft as it is in FA.
    Its dealing with the ACQUISITION of new players, and it simply is an old & outdated concept from 30-40 years ago. Thank God Tanny doesnt embrace this flawed (BPA) concept and will be drafting directly "for need" . You'll see...[/QUOTE]

Think you need to chill out because he means BPA by needs, our needs are Dline, Slot WR, Depth a Oline, and S. Based on these needs you draft by the BPA for the needs you team has, The jets arent going to draft a QB even if he is the BPA so chill out buddy

Jets Insider VIP
    excellent point

Tanny probably won't use a day one draft pick on DB, RB, OL, QB, ILB or TE where we already have arguably the premier players in the entire NFL

think DL, OLB or WR

[QUOTE=JetsFan 51;3533016]he means BPA by needs[/QUOTE]

LOL...You guys are hilarious. I know you dont mean to be , so let me help you out a little...BPA means BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE. It was a phrase coined 30+ years ago by Tex Schramm.

It is the TOTAL OPPOSITE of drafting "by need" or to fill specific holes on your team...ok?...if this is at all un-clear, stop here, and re-read this post again slowly.

I understand your newly coined phrase "BPA by needs". Its very funny. Its like "jumbo shrimp" at a restaurant.

But its redundent, in that when you are drafting for a specific need, of course you will take the guy who is the best player available at that specific position. That goes without saying (or repeating yourself).

[QUOTE=sg3;3533019]
    think DL [/QUOTE]

YES!