Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LT Big Year

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

LT Big Year

With the resigning of Richardson and Hartsock, the Jets have all the pieces from last years #1 rushing offense back. The Jets show a committment to the run that most teams don't and LT will be thrilled with the zone blocking schemes of Callahan/Shotty.
    He's past the point of being a 20-30 carry guy but I think he's going to get enough touches to be a real good part of an either Greene/LT or Greene/LT/Washington backfield.
    Another good move by Mike Tannenbaum who is becoming an elite GM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe LT will put up 1,000 yds. Will it be easy? No, BUT, it'll look easier running behind our OLine :yes:

I see with 10-12 rushing TD's, possibly 3-5 more receiving!
    Last edited by el_dub80; 03-19-2010 at 05:44 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;3532123]I believe LT will put up 1,000 yds. Will it be easy? No, BUT, it'll look easier running behind our OLine :yes:

I see with 10-12 rushing TD's, possibly 3-5 more receiving![/QUOTE]

You think they'd rather use LT in Goal Line situations than Greene? Personally I don't. I do see the yardage though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;3532131]You think they'd rather use LT in Goal Line situations than Greene? Personally I don't. I do see the yardage though.[/QUOTE]

I DO see them using LT in Goal Line situations. I see Greene and Leon between the 20's :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;3532135]I DO see them using LT in Goal Line situations. I see Greene and Leon between the 20's :yes:[/QUOTE]

The fumbling is a concern from Greene too. We'll see, there will be a change if someone isn't getting it done. This much we know.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;3532141]The fumbling is a concern from Greene too. We'll see, there will be a change if someone isn't getting it done. This much we know.[/QUOTE]

What I heard was he worked with the RB's Coach about how he was holding the ball, and that resulted in a productive post season :yes:

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    what would be the right amount of touches for LT? I'm thinking like 8-10.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    LT will have a chip on his shoulder.
    Prove the nay sayers wrong.
    He'll be fine, Come back player of the year?
    Possible........IMHO

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JI;3532165]LT will have a chip on his shoulder.
    Prove the nay sayers wrong.
    He'll be fine, Come back player of the year?
    Possible........IMHO[/QUOTE]

I agree

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think we're lucky LT fell in our laps (like quincy carter, pete kendall, brett favre)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3532173]i think we're lucky LT fell in our laps (like [B]quincy carter[/B], pete kendall, [B]brett favre[/B])[/QUOTE]

:eek:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Pac2566;3532174]:eek:[/QUOTE]

haha hey, carter went 2-1 i believe in '04 in pennington's absence. what he did before and after the jets is irrelevent; he did what we needed him to do. And Favre..no secret I love Favre and it was still pretty damn cool to see him on the Jets and ask SAR, Favre's arrival and departure in NY essentially laid the foundation for this team we have now. :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LT will run for 600 yards, but he'll do so on only 150 or so carries. A pretty boring 4 YPC, but I'll take it.

But he'll have 50 receptions for another 400 yards. So it'll be worth it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    while i think it would be great if lt went for a thousand (assuming that greene does the same) let's see how he is in preseason and the first few games. if he can put up decent numbers, then watch out.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;3532182]while i think it would be great if lt went for a thousand (assuming that greene does the same) let's see how he is in preseason and the first few games. if he can put up decent numbers, then watch out.[/QUOTE]

won't expect him to play much in preseason, no reason to. But I really believe he will get 1000 all purpose yards. Don't forget he has thrown 11 or 12td passes as well in his career so he may get 1 or 2 of those this season as well. I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Hepcat09;3532335]won't expect him to play much in preseason, no reason to. But I really believe he will get 1000 all purpose yards. Don't forget he has thrown 11 or 12td passes as well in his career so he may get 1 or 2 of those this season as well. I wouldn't be surprised at all.[/QUOTE]

He's actually thrown 7 Td passes and they were all while Schotty was the QB's coach in SD. I wonder how many plays this year Schotty will call this year? 5 Months until the HOF game.:yes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsnrangers;3532353]He's actually thrown 7 Td passes and they were all while Schotty was the QB's coach in SD. I wonder how many plays this year Schotty will call this year? 5 Months until the HOF game.:yes:[/QUOTE]

7..... 11..... whatever it takes....:D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think LT will have a nice little season with our OLine and Callahan.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LT is intriguing no doubt, and NOT just for rushing :yes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Hepcat09;3532355]7..... 11..... whatever it takes....:D[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, you should see the chargers boards, they are full of LT and Rex threads, these guys hate us.:D