Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LT Big Year

I can see LT going over a 1,000 yards and his YPA going back over 4.0. With his versatility he will definitely get his opportunities.

Banned
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;3532123]I believe LT will put up 1,000 yds. Will it be easy? No, BUT, it'll look easier running behind our OLine :yes:

I see with 10-12 rushing TD's, possibly 3-5 more receiving![/QUOTE]

Around 600 yards with 6-8 tds combined is probably more realistic. I'd actually be ok with that as long as Greene stays relatively healthy. LT can still be effective in a 3rd down role but he'd have to basically split carries 50/50 to get those numbers and I just don't see that happening unless Greene gets injured.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3532731]Around 600 yards with 6-8 tds combined is probably more realistic. I'd actually be ok with that as long as Greene stays relatively healthy. LT can still be effective in a 3rd down role but he'd have to basically split carries 50/50 to get those numbers and I just don't see that happening unless Greene gets injured.[/QUOTE]

one of the reasons Greene was so effective late last season is because he was fresh and hadn't run much earlier in the season; LT is gonna get more carries than people assume.

Jets Insider VIP
    they are going to be the best 1-2 punch in the NFL

Banned
    [QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3532755]one of the reasons Greene was so effective late last season is because he was fresh and hadn't run much earlier in the season; LT is gonna get more carries than people assume.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how much LT really has left. People blame the O-line but it was pretty much the same O-line that he was tearing it up with a couple years earlier. He's clearly hit the wall and the whole point of cutting TJ was to replace him with someone younger, cheaper and with fresher legs. I really don't know about this move hopefully it works out.

Jets Insider VIP
    we replaced Jones as a starter with someone BETTER - THE WAR MACHINE

and we replaced Jones as a backup with someone BETTER - Tomlinson

Banned
    Behind one of the best run blocking O-Line's in the game today? Our backfield will be freaking explosive with Shonn Greene as our War Machine type of Feature back. L.T's about to have one hell of an exciting season as our #2 back behind this O-Line and Leon Washington? Get ready Jet fans... He's back.

We have the best overall backfield in the game today, it's not even close.

Our Offense can now do SOOO many different things with Leon and L.T. Cant wait for the huge gains off of Screen plays.

Jets Insider VIP
    best RB group, best OL, best CBs and best elite young franchise QB.

now we can sit back and watch MikeyT work his magic on the rest of the roster

He's done. and hes a whining crybaby to boot. I would have resigned T Jones..lol

Jets Insider VIP
    fortunately for the Jets, Tanny and not you are making such decisions

Thomas Two Yards will rush for about 350 yards this season with the Chiefs, LT will surpass that total by week 6

[QUOTE=sg3;3533030]fortunately for the Jets, Tanny and not you are making such decisions

Thomas Two Yards will rush for about 350 yards this season with the Chiefs, LT will surpass that total by week 6[/QUOTE]

He was hurt. and when Greene and LT are hurt next year you will be wishing he was still here ;)

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3532927]I don't know how much LT really has left. People blame the O-line [B]but it was pretty much the same O-line that he was tearing it up with a couple years earlier[/B]. He's clearly hit the wall and the whole point of cutting TJ was to replace him with someone younger, cheaper and with fresher legs. I really don't know about this move hopefully it works out.[/QUOTE]

I think the bolded statement above is incorrect. Not only did the OL change and decline in effectiveness, but with all the SD coaching changes, the offensive game plan changed radically with respect to the running game. Both Sproles and LT had terrible YPC. Also, LT was taken out of the short passing game in favor of Sproles. If it were just LT whose run production declined, then I'd be more worried, but it was the entirety of the Chargers running game that regressed.

Jets Insider VIP
    missing Jones?

please..... we can use an UDFA to get his two yards a carry quite well, if needed

Banned
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3533040]I think the bolded statement above is incorrect. Not only did the OL change and decline in effectiveness, but with all the SD coaching changes, the offensive game plan changed radically with respect to the running game. Both Sproles and LT had terrible YPC. Also, LT was taken out of the short passing game in favor of Sproles. If it were just LT whose run production declined, then I'd be more worried, but it was the entirety of the Chargers running game that regressed.[/QUOTE]

LT still had the same left side (McNeil, Dielman) that he had in '06 when he had 1,815 yards and 28 tds and in '07 when he had 1,474 and 15 tds and the same Center (Hardwick). He did have a new right side and Nick Hardwick was hurt last season but to go from those stats before to just 730 yards and 3.3 ypc has more to do with reduced speed, explosiveness and just the simple fact that the Chargers overused him for the past 9 years. Sproles is overrated.

The argument that the gameplan changed can easily go the other way. Defenses being forced to spread out to stop Rivers to Gates and Jackson should have meant a more wide open field for LT to run in.

Hopefully the move works out but Tomlinson is not the same player he was up until 2 years ago. I wouldn't have resigned TJ either I wanted a younger back for 3rd down situations and depth.