Thread: No Soup for You!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

No Soup for You!!!

[B]Court: Anna Nicole Smith gets none of oil fortune [/B]

03/19/2010

By PAUL ELIAS / Associated Press

A federal appeals court ruled Friday that Anna Nicole Smith's estate will get none of the more than $300 million the late Playboy model claimed a Texas billionaire to whom she was briefly married meant to leave her after he died.

The ruling came in a 15-year legal battle that started in a sleepy Houston probate court and stretched all the way to the U.S Supreme Court.

It initially pitted Smith against the son of J. Howard Marshall over the $1.6 billion estate the oil tycoon left after his 1995 death at age 90. J. Howard Marshall had wed Smith the year before when she was 26.

Marshall's son E. Pierce Marshall died in 2006 and Smith perished after a drug overdose in 2008. Their heirs and lawyers kept up the legal fight that included one ruling awarding Smith $474 million.

Kent Richland, who represents the Smith estate, said he would appeal the latest ruling but hasn't decided whether to ask the appeals court for another hearing or take the case back the U.S. Supreme Court regarding different issues.

Eric Brunstad, a lawyer for Marshall family members, said they hoped the legal fight was over.

"Our only wish would be that Pierce were here to see his vindication," the family said in a prepared statement.

The three-judge appeals court panel ruled unanimously that a 2001 jury verdict in Houston in favor of the Marshall family should be honored over two federal court rulings in Smith's favor.

The appeals court said the federal bankruptcy court award of about $447 million and a subsequent federal trial court ruling that lowered the amount to $89 million should be ignored.

The appeals court said the Houston jury heard from all the parties, including Smith, during a five-month trial in which she accused E. Pierce Marshall of illegally coercing his father to keep Smith out of his will.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3532150][B]
    "Our only wish would be that Pierce were here to see his vindication," the family said in a prepared statement.

[/QUOTE]

Lol, it would be nice if anyone involved were here!

lolo:D

[QUOTE=32green;3532274]Lol, it would be nice if anyone involved were here!

lolo:D[/QUOTE]

She and her attorney H. stern were at my house a few years ago right after her last day in court here in Houston

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=acepepe;3532279]She and her attorney H. stern were at my house a few years ago right after her last day in court here in Houston[/QUOTE]

That guy needs a chimp attack.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=acepepe;3532279]She and her attorney H. stern were at my house a few years ago right after her last day in court here in Houston[/QUOTE]

And?

(Tupperware party? Amway?)

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Big girl, cookoo, cookoo

awesome..that gold digger deserved nothing

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Operation Barbarossa;3532315]awesome..that gold digger deserved nothing[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm pretty sure she's not getting anything. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=FF2;3532319]Well, I'm pretty sure she's not getting anything. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

That is very observant of you (oh wait, I should put the roll eyes thing in here now) :shakehead

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Operation Barbarossa;3532321]That is very observant of you (oh wait, I should put the roll eyes thing in here now) :shakehead[/QUOTE]

Excellent 3rd post who are you really.

:eek:

Why wouldn't someone brag about that day!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Sounds like a lovely event.

[QUOTE=FF2;3532295]And?

(Tupperware party? Amway?)[/QUOTE]

MLM love toyz

4 of my friends, HPD officers 2 LT'S 2 SGT'S were hired as private security @ 50$ an hr. 2 at a time 24-7 for 3 weeks while she was in trial. So, at the end of it they were invited to dinner and clubbing the night the trial ended and my ex-wife and I were invited to go a long. I stayed in to watch my son and Elecia went, they all came back to my house about 1:30 am and stayed till about 3:30
    drinking beer and shooting the sh*it.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=acepepe;3532490]MLM love toyz

4 of my friends, HPD officers 2 LT'S 2 SGT'S were hired as private security @ 50$ an hr. 2 at a time 24-7 for 3 weeks while she was in trial. So, at the end of it they were invited to dinner and clubbing the night the trial ended and my ex-wife and I were invited to go a long. I stayed in to watch my son and Elecia went, they all came back to my house about 1:30 am and stayed till about 3:30
    drinking beer and shooting the sh*it.[/QUOTE]

So in "real life" was she THAT stoopid?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=BURGERMIKE;3532495]So in "real life" was she THAT stoopid?[/QUOTE]

who cares....we all want to know if you got to see her tits??!! :)

Yes and yes. funny thing was, We took some pictures with her and the only camera with film in it was one I hadn't used in a while, snapped the pictures, got them back and the one picture had Anna with 4 of the seven dwarfs (including Dopey) Floating around her head. The film in the camera still had pictures of a Disney trip 2 years before. Unfortunately the picture was lost when tropical storm Allison flooded my home. I swear to the heavens this is true.

Bewildered Beast
    What? That's a dead parrot!

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=32green;3532323]Excellent 3rd post who are you really.

:eek:[/QUOTE]
    Vinnie Barbarossa from Welcome Back Klotchschke

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=acepepe;3532602]Yes and yes. funny thing was, We took some pictures with her and the only camera with film in it was one I hadn't used in a while, snapped the pictures, got them back and the one picture had Anna with 4 of the seven dwarfs (including Dopey) Floating around her head. The film in the camera still had pictures of a Disney trip 2 years before. Unfortunately the picture was lost when tropical storm Allison flooded my home. [B]I swear to the heavens this is true[/B].[/QUOTE]

Hey...aren't you the resident atheist here?

Or is that Plumber?

:D

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3532615]Hey...aren't you the resident atheist here?

Or is that Plumber?

:D[/QUOTE]

Shhh. I don't want anyone to know. It's actually a bannable offense :eek:

Or so I've heard... :D
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 03-20-2010 at 03:10 PM.