Thread: jets best bet is to trade back

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

jets best bet is to trade back

now that the jets have signed cromartie at c.b their best bet is to trade back to look to fill the void at d.e.there will be many talented defensive line men that can play that position in a 3-4- defense.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a trading party in mind ?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure but trading down is not always an option if you cannot find a trading partner. My hope is that a team trades up to reach on a QB like Colt McCoy. 29 seems like a bad place to be picking unless someone drops to us. Might have to move up in order to get a guy the Jets covet rather than trade down.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    wishes don't wash dishes son. this isn't news

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfaneh View Post
    Sure but trading down is not always an option if you cannot find a trading partner. My hope is that a team trades up to reach on a QB like Colt McCoy. 29 seems like a bad place to be picking unless someone drops to us. Might have to move up in order to get a guy the Jets covet rather than trade down.
    The guy I'm thinking about is Ryan Matthews RB, with the Vikings drafting next, the loss of chester taylor, could in a wild fantasy have a team trade up to 29... I'm just looking for decent value...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hoping at the top of the 2nd round (first 10 picks).

someone pounces on a QB like clausen who falls and they have to have him.

like the redskins. who usually dont value there picks as much.

i can see them doing this scenario .

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodjet View Post
    Hoping at the top of the 2nd round (first 10 picks).

someone pounces on a QB like clausen who falls and they have to have him.

like the redskins. who usually dont value there picks as much.

i can see them doing this scenario .
    Well the Redskins have an early fourth round pick. the Jets move from 29 to 37. That 4th round pick is perfect comp from a draft table perspective.
    The fourth round has been very good to the Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moving down 8 spots and out of the 1st round is worth more than a 4th in my opinion. I think there will be enough suitors to want to trade up and get a player at 29 but we can't be giving anyone massive bargains. If they don't want to pay a fair price stay where we are.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Detroit could be a trading partner if they take OL in the 1st and Brian Price is still on the board at 29.

Move down 5 slots for a 4th and a 6th.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Detroit could be a trading partner if they take OL in the 1st and Brian Price is still on the board at 29.

Move down 5 slots for a 4th and a 6th.
    or better yet give Lions #29 and the late 4th rounder from Arizona and Jets get #34 and the Lions 3rd rounder.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You don't trade back unless nobody on the board you like or the value is too good to do it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetOrange View Post

Hearing Browns interest in Colt McCoy is real - either w 2nd round pick or package picks to move into bottom of 1st rd. Don't rule it out

http://twitter.com/mortreport

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Hearing Browns interest in Colt McCoy is real - either w 2nd round pick or package picks to move into bottom of 1st rd. Don't rule it out

http://twitter.com/mortreport
    This could be ideal depending on how the first round shakes out. Either a player the Jets like falls to them or they have to settle on a player at 29. I have done a few mock first rounds lately and I really think the Jets would have to settle rather than getting a guy they really like. So it is either trade up or trade down. Trading down with the Browns and gaining an extra pick could be perfect. Changes are we would trade that extra pick to move up later on though knowing us which is fine. Quality trumps quantity.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleckomania View Post
    or better yet give Lions #29 and the late 4th rounder from Arizona and Jets get #34 and the Lions 3rd rounder.
    that would be the best bet for the jets.if it happens.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    now that the jets have signed cromartie at c.b their best bet is to trade back to look to fill the void at d.e.there will be many talented defensive line men that can play that position in a 3-4- defense.
    It is more fun to move up, so don't be a downer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetOrange View Post
    Yes.

Washington.

There's a history of the two franchises trading with each other and I wouldn't be surprised if the Redskins trade up to add a/another OL(Iupati, Pouncey, Williams, Buluga, etc.)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    Yes.

Washington.

There's a history of the two franchises trading with each other and I wouldn't be surprised if the Redskins trade up to add a/another OL(Iupati, Pouncey, Williams, Buluga, etc.)
    Interesting, proposition. What typre of picks package do you think the Skins would need to assemble to do so?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the jets would probably love it if they could get a 3rd round pick somehow to move back 7-8 slots. this year's draft is about adding quality players, not making a splash.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Interesting, proposition. What typre of picks package do you think the Skins would need to assemble to do so?
    The skins don't have a 3rd round pick so you'd be looking at a 4th and a 5th this year or perhaps a 3rd next year to move from 37 up to 29. That's a fair bit of a jump actually.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    Yes.

Washington.

Not to say something can't be done but those Washington front office people are no longer there.